our kids

rick1976.4.38

saints kids 1 rotherham 3,arsenal kids 6 sheff utd 0,however much we have to get behind our squad this to me says it all.we are well off the mark and tells me we are going to find it hard to stay up this season.im not slagging anyone cos the club is in a mess but i dont think jp has the time to get it right or the players.llalana is really the only shining light out of all our kids and the rest at best reserve players.coyr

saints kids 1 rotherham 3,arsenal kids 6 sheff utd 0,however much we have to get behind our squad this to me says it all.we are well off the mark and tells me we are going to find it hard to stay up this season.im not slagging anyone cos the club is in a mess but i dont think jp has the time to get it right or the players.llalana is really the only shining light out of all our kids and the rest at best reserve players.coyr

Yes I agree a struggle ahead

I knew there would be a thread like this today.....you cannot compare our kids with Arsenal.

The setup is totally different..not just financially, they have 9 foreign scouts who look at a player, they then all get together to decide if he is good enough.

We have a very good academy for our level but it should not be used for a season then be the first team for the next!

Our problem is not whether the kids are good enough as they are its just you cannot blood 8 or 9 in the CC against teams that just out muscle you every week.

I knew there would be a thread like this today.....you cannot compare our kids with Arsenal.The setup is totally different..not just financially, they have 9 foreign scouts who look at a player, they then all get together to decide if he is good enough.

We have a very good academy for our level but it should not be used for a season then be the first team for the next!

Our problem is not whether the kids are good enough as they are its just you cannot blood 8 or 9 in the CC against teams that just out muscle you every week.

Agreed, when they can pay us £12mil for a sixteen year old I think that the difference becomes fairly obvious !

you can compare,it just shows how far off we are,they are all kids,who kick a football,except they are on a different planet to ours.allegedly we have one of the best academys in england,if this is the case god help us.its fair to say we bring through one or two players but we cant 8 or 9.we should have balanced our youngsters with some older heads.

you can compare,it just shows how far off we are,they are all kids,who kick a football,except they are on a different planet to ours.allegedly we have one of the best academys in england,if this is the case god help us.its fair to say we bring through one or two players but we cant 8 or 9.we should have balanced our youngsters with some older heads.

Best academys in the country , that was the story Rupert spun Jan.

Maybe 4 years ago but now ?

Best academys in the country , that was the story Rupert spun Jan.

Maybe 4 years ago but now ?

Exactly, and how many of that academy team 4 years ago have gone on to have a career of merit in the top two divisions?

Walcott, Bale, Blackstock.

Cranie, Mills and Best (sort of)

And this was in our brilliant youth team years. And where are the other 6, 8 10 players in that team - no where.

The last youth team was pretty good but the conversion rate was going to be much much lower and the fall out rate higher. Yet we've kept them all and expect them to be CCC competent.

Guest Hacienda

If ours were any good that be at a top flight club now and those that are the promise of being any good will be in January anyway.

Great plan Rupert.

I knew there would be a thread like this today.....you cannot compare our kids with Arsenal.

The setup is totally different..not just financially, they have 9 foreign scouts who look at a player, they then all get together to decide if he is good enough.

Which is, of course, exactly what "I know best" Lowe did

Not only will it not work, he is destroying the confidence of some very good young players ....... WHO ARE NOT QUITE READY FOR THE CCC

Jason Dodd WAS right ........ Lowe WAS wrong

Dodd has gone ........ Lowe should follow