Wanted: Loan players urgently!

Glasgow_Saint

Desperate!!!
i know lastr night was a terrible result but Im down but now bowed.I didnt for the first time in years look at the resut until it was over. I wasnt at all surprised,I had hoped we'd gone out very early as we would have had fresher legs for the Blackpool and now the Donny games.Scrabbling around in the carling cup gets you nowehere. Donny will be fresher than us and that is crucial, the few quid it raised is useful but i doubt if we covered costs, and if so a few grand profit does us littel good.

I had hoped we'd gone out very early as we would have had fresher legs for the Blackpool and now the Donny games.Scrabbling around in the carling cup gets you nowehere. Donny will be fresher than us and that is crucial, the few quid it raised is useful but i doubt if we covered costs, and if so a few grand profit does us littel good.

I agree with that. It would have been better for us to go out against Exeter. I bet this 'cup run' has actually cost us money.

I agree with that. It would have been better for us to go out against Exeter. I bet this 'cup run' has actually cost us money.

Exeter were as good as us on the day and that is when it dawned on me we were to struggle. I did not realise how badly off we were as I really did expect a couple more players would be added to the first team. Unfortunately Gasmi and Pulis were added but only as a promise to the future after recovery and a period of matches for reserves etc.

Even I did not realise at the Exeter game that we would go backwards to such an extent that we would struggle in the conference league.

THere are some good youngsters but the blend is not right and tactics/positions, substitutions are totally wrong..panic Capt. Mannering.

Edited by ottery st mary

i know lastr night was a terrible result but Im down but now bowed.I didnt for the first time in years look at the resut until it was over. I wasnt at all surprised,I had hoped we'd gone out very early as we would have had fresher legs for the Blackpool and now the Donny games.Scrabbling around in the carling cup gets you nowehere. Donny will be fresher than us and that is crucial, the few quid it raised is useful but i doubt if we covered costs, and if so a few grand profit does us littel good.

It’s not the result so much as the performance "lacked heart, soul and spirit".

The cup throws up the occasional surprise, however this was not one. I expected us to lose - I think a lot of us did. That is so depressing - we have fallen so far it’s just not funny.

Without some fresh faces I can’t see a way out of this.

BS you seem normally level heded but they are as obtainable for us at present as Ronaldo.We havent the money to pay for them.We have our own overvalued stars we cant shift.

So we are expected to give up, accept relegation and the inevitable administration that will follow. Personally I woudn't touch any of the players mentioned with a barge pole, especially Quashie, but that isn't the point is it. Lowe and Wilde may have to dip into their personal resources, otherwise their personal wealth will take a battering next year when all their shares are worth diddly squat.

So we are expected to give up, accept relegation and the inevitable administration that will follow. Personally I woudn't touch any of the players mentioned with a barge pole, especially Quashie, but that isn't the point is it. Lowe and Wilde may have to dip into their personal resources, otherwise their personal wealth will take a battering next year when all their shares are worth diddly squat.
Why would a shareholder dip in their personal wealth? If RL was the outrigt owner I d expect that but a shareholder no.

Why would a shareholder dip in their personal wealth? If RL was the outrigt owner I d expect that but a shareholder no.

Not to mention that since he's been an 'employee' of the club he has earnt far more than he paid for his shares, so losing the monetary value of them probably won't hurt as much as people think.

Wilde is probably closing in on break even point too...

I agree - speculate to accumulate!

Not to mention that since he's been an 'employee' of the club he has earnt far more than he paid for his shares, so losing the monetary value of them probably won't hurt as much as people think.

Wilde is probably closing in on break even point too...

I dont see the problem with that if you dont point the same finger at LM Wiseman Askham and the rest of the crew.

As we talk, I am scouring the non league scene here at Axminster, Lyme Regis, Seaton,

Sidmouth, Budleigh Salterton and Exmouth. To be honest not a lot of talent this time of year. Do you think the club will pay my expenses?

Surely Arry Boy Redknapp would let us have a couple of loans for nothing.

well I hope it is not from the Victoria Hotel in Sidmouth as we like to go there to get away from ther rabble.

Henri Camara could also be possible?

if we had just managed to stay up we could have signed him permanently and watched him take the **** out of defenders every week. He won't drop down a division.

The only loans we could afford would be youngsters or perhaps from other CCC sides.

Murphy from Brum might be an option to play at left back.

well I hope it is not from the Victoria Hotel in Sidmouth as we like to go there to get away from ther rabble.

That is the difference nick,whilst scouting for loans on no expenses I sleep at the hotel under my piece of cardboard in the car park and you have the suite with Queen Victoria on all expenses. Who really loves the club more.

As far as loans go, I wish Saints had got that Halmoisi chap when he was at Plymouth.. He looked really good down that left wing the other night..

Loans Teale going to Brighton didn;t he do a good job down the wing against us last season.. We need real wingers with pace...Thomson anybody.

BS you seem normally level heded but they are as obtainable for us at present as Ronaldo.We havent the money to pay for them.We have our own overvalued stars we cant shift.

How do you know this Nick? We bring in youngsters - are you that sure they're on an absolute pittance or is it purely the same conjecture you reprimand others for? You buying all the 'Low(e) Road' & 'Wilde(ly) inept' reign propoganda BS?! Do all loans cost a fortune in this league? If we can't pay our footballers, we should give up now.

We are, evidently, skint but then…miraculously, we brought in Schneiderlin, etc. for some kind of fee. Plus other wages on injured loans that would have better been served bringing in experience (If Pekhart is to be judged - freakin awful imho - lCan see why Spurs let him out - He's like a gangly Peter Crouch but without the touch or head for goal!)

Loans don’t always cost much in wages (we would clearly not be in a position to pay the club fees). I don’t believe that all experienced pros demand mega-bucks (in modern footballing terms). It’s more likely, Lowe is not prepared to sanction anyone other the age of 23 and not pay any reasonable wage due to his own issues. The "we are broke" line is relevant but being abused imho. This is not an anti-Lowe rant. I don’t like the **** but he is controlling our club as chairman and we have now shipped out every decent player we had left so he is answerable. Deal with it!

Someone once rather astutely commented (upon the much berated return of Rupert) that "Lowe was useless, got involved too much and a was nightmare with his transfer policy in the Premiership (when we had a small amount of money, but we had SOME) - What the hell will Lowe be like in the Championship with no money whatsoever?"… (other than selling anything not screwed down and absorbing the money into the moth eaten club coffers?!)

Well, I forget who posted it but…you’ve got your answer! DIABOLICAL!

I do not want to gloat. I am almost beyond caring as it’s too painful to watch. Pearson gone. Any seasoned pros who may have got us out of this quagmire (or glimmers of light) SOLD. The Dutch experiment as most sensible/realistic predicted FAILING BADLY and a make shift team of inexperienced youngsters (who have tried but you can’t blame them – they were not up to the standard and, those that may, cannot be thrust into an experiment like this and expected to carry the future of the club on their shoulders) having their confidence shattered, week by week (when you need old, wise heads to steady the ship – sadly – we have about 2/3 left – if fit!)

It was an accident waiting to happen. I hope Mike Wilde’s happy for instigating the EGM and coming back to the club and removing the small amount of stability we pulled from the mud late last season. Deluded fool. Rupert had his last throw of the proverbial dice – now both f*ck off and never darken out dressing room again and pass your shares on to someone that cares about the future of the club, and some group that put fans in the equation and care about the football (and take that complete **** Guy Askham and his cohorts with you). I’ll feel bad for the genuine shareholders losing money, about half of the club (particularly Crouch, the Corbett’s, the fans, etc.) but I will laugh all the way to the pub when Lowe, Wilde, Askham, Richards, Wiseman and co lose their shares. Funny as f*ck! What goes around….

Let’s just hope, as admin approaches, someone steps in and makes an offer that then board have to accept. Knowing them, they’ll try and block that and would rather put us in admin to save face and protect their egos.

RIP SFC. Let’s hope there is a new light on the horizon. One which should have arrived 10 years ago - with the Gavyn Davies/Frost consortium (but snakes in the grass - like Askham, esq. put their personal wealth ahead of the club and it’s never been the same since). If we can rid ourselves of these parasites, then maybe we can dust ourselves off from rock bottom and rebuild. Sometimes you have to properly reach rock bottom to start again. I just hope we can avoid admin. and offer the poor fans good times again. It’s going to take a lot to sort out the mess the dreadful boards have created over the past decade and more.

How do you know this Nick? We bring in youngsters - are you that sure they're on an absolute pittance or is it purely the same conjecture you reprimand others for? You buying all the 'Low(e) Road' & 'Wilde(ly) inept' reign propoganda BS?! Do all loans cost a fortune in this league? If we can't pay our footballers, we should give up now.

We are, evidently, skint but then…miraculously, we brought in Schneiderlin, etc. for some kind of fee. Plus other wages on injured loans that would have better been served bringing in experience (If Pekhart is to be judged - freakin awful imho - lCan see why Spurs let him out - He's like a gangly Peter Crouch but without the touch or head for goal!)

Loans don’t always cost much in wages (we would clearly not be in a position to pay the club fees). I don’t believe that all experienced pros demand mega-bucks (in modern footballing terms). It’s more likely, Lowe is not prepared to sanction anyone other the age of 23 and not pay any reasonable wage due to his own issues. The "we are broke" line is relevant but being abused imho. This is not an anti-Lowe rant. I don’t like the **** but he is controlling our club as chairman and we have now shipped out every decent player we had left so he is answerable. Deal with it!

Someone once rather astutely commented (upon the much berated return of Rupert) that "Lowe was useless, got involved too much and a was nightmare with his transfer policy in the Premiership (when we had a small amount of money, but we had SOME) - What the hell will Lowe be like in the Championship with no money whatsoever?"… (other than selling anything not screwed down and absorbing the money into the moth eaten club coffers?!)

Well, I forget who posted it but…you’ve got your answer! DIABOLICAL!

I do not want to gloat. I am almost beyond caring as it’s too painful to watch. Pearson gone. Any seasoned pros who may have got us out of this quagmire (or glimmers of light) SOLD. The Dutch experiment as most sensible/realistic predicted FAILING BADLY and a make shift team of inexperienced youngsters (who have tried but you can’t blame them – they were not up to the standard and, those that may, cannot be thrust into an experiment like this and expected to carry the future of the club on their shoulders) having their confidence shattered, week by week (when you need old, wise heads to steady the ship – sadly – we have about 2/3 left – if fit!)

It was an accident waiting to happen. I hope Mike Wilde’s happy for instigating the EGM and coming back to the club and removing the small amount of stability we pulled from the mud late last season. Deluded fool. Rupert had his last throw of the proverbial dice – now both f*ck off and never darken out dressing room again and pass your shares on to someone that cares about the future of the club, and some group that put fans in the equation and care about the football (and take that complete **** Guy Askham and his cohorts with you). I’ll feel bad for the genuine shareholders losing money, about half of the club (particularly Crouch, the Corbett’s, the fans, etc.) but I will laugh all the way to the pub when Lowe, Wilde, Askham, Richards, Wiseman and co lose their shares. Funny as f*ck! What goes around….

Let’s just hope, as admin approaches, someone steps in and makes an offer that then board have to accept. Knowing them, they’ll try and block that and would rather put us in admin to save face and protect their egos.

RIP SFC. Let’s hope there is a new light on the horizon. One which should have arrived 10 years ago - with the Gavyn Davies/Frost consortium (but snakes in the grass - like Askham, esq. put their personal wealth ahead of the club and it’s never been the same since). If we can rid ourselves of these parasites, then maybe we can dust ourselves off from rock bottom and rebuild. Sometimes you have to properly reach rock bottom to start again. I just hope we can avoid admin. and offer the poor fans good times again. It’s going to take a lot to sort out the mess the dreadful boards have created over the past decade and more.

Like myself you seem a passionate fan. We both see the raids differently but do want the same thing.

If old pro footballers were cheap we would have been able to get rid of ours. Some of no quality or on Bosmans would be reasonable to a degree. What I think you will find is even if they are Bosman frees the money instead of transfer fee is now a signing on fee, or larger wages. The kids in the main will be on 50k a year and some on more (guess) wheras an older player would have moved up the wage structure the last few years and be commanding a few k a week.Now he may take a cut in wages to get to play but not down to the kids level.

Therefore you get a lot more young players for your money.Now whether that is a good footballing decision that is another thing but if you are trying to convince the bank you are trying to cut costs to stay solvent it is a better arguement.

I still think we need to hold back and give them time, as there is no other route until january at the earliest.

That is the difference nick,whilst scouting for loans on no expenses I sleep at the hotel under my piece of cardboard in the car park and you have the suite with Queen Victoria on all expenses. Who really loves the club more.

As far as loans go, I wish Saints had got that Halmoisi chap when he was at Plymouth.. He looked really good down that left wing the other night..

Loans Teale going to Brighton didn;t he do a good job down the wing against us last season.. We need real wingers with pace...Thomson anybody.

I did think that they wouldnt resort to letting your type into the hotel and a quick call confirmed that to be the case.In fact they said they moved you on as the Keep Britain Tidy campaign was coming to town.

Halmosi is a good player but he plays in the PL and Norris now at Ipswich was indeed a target one time. Now Teale I thought was good and it surprises me he has gone to Brighton, I would have been very happy had we got him.

Like myself you seem a passionate fan. We both see the raids differently but do want the same thing.

If old pro footballers were cheap we would have been able to get rid of ours. Some of no quality or on Bosmans would be reasonable to a degree. What I think you will find is even if they are Bosman frees the money instead of transfer fee is now a signing on fee, or larger wages. The kids in the main will be on 50k a year and some on more (guess) wheras an older player would have moved up the wage structure the last few years and be commanding a few k a week.Now he may take a cut in wages to get to play but not down to the kids level.

Therefore you get a lot more young players for your money.Now whether that is a good footballing decision that is another thing but if you are trying to convince the bank you are trying to cut costs to stay solvent it is a better arguement.

I still think we need to hold back and give them time, as there is no other route until january at the earliest.

Yeah, I don't argue with the Gordon Mockles rant.

However, I think we still have to pay for any loan deals.

I reckon Chelsea & Spurs were happy for Cork & Pekhart to gain experience and didn't demand any money.

Getting a decent, experienced player will be tough.

Also, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Schneiderlin deal didn't involve as much money up front as we assume. One of Rupert's cloak & dagger dealings!

I don't think we could even afford to sack the Dutchmen. Jan paid his own compensation to arrive

Yeah, I don't argue with the Gordon Mockles rant.

However, I think we still have to pay for any loan deals.

I reckon Chelsea & Spurs were happy for Cork & Pekhart to gain experience and didn't demand any money.

Getting a decent, experienced player will be tough.

Also, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Schneiderlin deal didn't involve as much money up front as we assume. One of Rupert's cloak & dagger dealings!

I don't think we could even afford to sack the Dutchmen. Jan paid his own compensation to arrive

E750k

if we had just managed to stay up we could have signed him permanently and watched him take the **** out of defenders every week. He won't drop down a division.

The only loans we could afford would be youngsters or perhaps from other CCC sides.

Murphy from Brum might be an option to play at left back.

Think bigger! Wayne Bridge maybe?

But this is the problem isn't it. Because we have share holders running the Club who don't care we continue to be in the mire. Crouch dipped into his own pocket (or at least offered to), I think even Wilde did (or perhaps I'm wrong). But Lowe, no chance, just continue to take take take, and no persobal issue if the Club goes into Admin, which it will definitely do when we are relegated. If he and his pals can afford to take a loss on a couple of million shares then so be it. If he doesn't want to take a loss then by putting some money in temporarily then he may actually see a return on his shares, and continue to take take take from SFC.

But this is the problem isn't it. Because we have share holders running the Club who don't care we continue to be in the mire. Crouch dipped into his own pocket (or at least offered to), I think even Wilde did (or perhaps I'm wrong). But Lowe, no chance, just continue to take take take, and no persobal issue if the Club goes into Admin, which it will definitely do when we are relegated. If he and his pals can afford to take a loss on a couple of million shares then so be it. If he doesn't want to take a loss then by putting some money in temporarily then he may actually see a return on his shares, and continue to take take take from SFC.
To be fair why not ask Corbett, Wiseman or Askham.Id love them all to do so but they have no obligation to do so.As I say get rid of the lot I dopubt there is any we'd miss, but stop just picking on 1 of them as they are all culpable.