Can anyone recommend a decent TV Monitor

OVER THE HILL

Since the change away from CRT screens for both computers and television, the standards have closed. I can't be sure, but I believe an HDTV will be perfectly acceptable as a monitor. The trick is finding the model with the necessary inputs. Remember, you don't need to dwindle your options by having an onboard TV tuner. You could always have a separate box.

You may find something at Novatech. http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/prods/AudioVisual/LCDTVs/

BTW, is that a Morini 3½ in the avatar..?

Thanks for the reply. The monitors I've looked at only seem to have the VGA input which is not suitable for a freeview box.

Amazon sell various LG and Samsung TVs which may be ok but I would like to hear from someone who has first hand experience.

Yes your right it is a Morini ,my second passion after Saints (not counting family of course :p )

Got a Samsung SM2333HD 23" one recently and good so far. Though mainly been using it as a monitor till it makes its way to its final location when it will be used for AV purposes as well. As built in TV comes with remote which is useful for changing display modes as text mode is a darker but easy to go to full brightness for TV mode.

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/179478

• 4 weeks later...

After several weeks deciding which one to go for,I bought the Samsung SM2333HD as recommended by pedg. Thanks for that:p

It works well as monitor and tv, the only slight drawback is the sound quality but I think thats normal for sets this size and price range.