New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Ha ha love it, the vid put a big made me lauge a bit.

Selling shirts is like making love to a beautiful woman, you need to tease and then tell her your just off to to pub for a bit and to wait!!!!

Maybe!!!!

Tried that tonight!

Told me wife that I'm off to the pub for a bit, it did'nt go down that well. She said that if I am later than 10.30 the doors will be locked and me saints shirts will be lying in the garden!

Let's hope that if it's a sash kit it's available in both left and right shoulder versions, just as in 1885.

then we can sing:

"Were the left side, were the left side, were the left side over here"

and

"Were the right side, were the right side, were the right side over here"

;)

I am going with the Rank Xerox Look You know Red sides big white middle stripe. Why?, Because it's the only style of kit that was not in the teaser video. And it was also part of our most successful period with KK and such like.

Just what I was thinking. Arguably our most iconic (to use their blurb) strip and' date=' in terms of our League position, at a time when we were most successful. Coincidence? Maybe all this sash stuff is just to throw us off the scent...[/quote']

Not really because the sash was a rumour started by fans because it was our first kit. The first hint of any sash from the club is this video today.

Includes an interesting video, suggesting it will be based on an old kit. Opens with the sash kit...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2063020,00.html

It will be a "tailored by Umbro range" kit.

It also says it will be unveiled in the next few days.

Gosh the shock, it's Tailored By, just like the training kit we've had in the club shop for 3 months...

Of the other kits featured in that video the only one that would make sense is the sash one. The rest would seem to be really random if used to commemorate 125 years.

Having said that I wouldn't mind the 92-95 one.

I would actually find it very funny if they used the last kit in the video as the anniversary kit though :)

From reading this thread it seems that if we end up with anything other than a sash now people will be really disappointed, I know I am a big fan of the mock ups by itchen_dan and would instantly buy both home and away.

Surely you've been on here long enough that people will disappointed whichever way things go?

That video is pants. It misses out massive swathes of kits from the early and modern days, has some pathetic zoom effects leaving jaggies all over the place, has a big ugly jagged graphic running over the top of it (just like the big ugly jagged graphic on the OS a day or so ago) and serves absolutely no purpose whatsoever.

In fact it's exactly the kind of p155-poor quality I'm starting to expect from the new regime.

Anyone else get the impression Cortese runs around like a far-too-busy dictator barking half-considered orders to people, who he then shouts at when they don't do exactly what he expected, rather than what he actually conveyed to them ?

The9, I think we have to whisper it quietly around this board but it does seem as if one or two things may not all be well at SFC just now. Hoping a couple of good signings and maybe the club reconsidering the season ticket payment plan could get feelings up again.

The9, I think we have to whisper it quietly around this board but it does seem as if one or two things may not all be well at SFC just now. Hoping a couple of good signings and maybe the club reconsidering the season ticket payment plan could get feelings up again.

Of course, the fact that I'm not holding out any hope for the latter in the face of Cortese's total intransigence on every other matter so far is the crux of the problem.

How can they have mismanaged so badly that an anniversary season of celebration in which we're expected to challenge for promotion is already turning into a farce ?

There's a red nose on the badly redesigned badge, a large chunk of the fanbase are unable to afford to pay to renew STs due to ridiculously short notice, no instalment plan and no communication from the club. We managed not to have match programmes for the last game of last season, there's a booking fee on ticket purchases with the pay on the day surcharge being lower than the pay early one, and all of it has been met by resounding silence from the club to an increasingly disillusioned fanbase. Without regular wins to distract us from what's happening with the club itself, it looks pretty poor.

Other than Cortese's nice PR piece, has there been a single decision made since the JPT on the non-playing side that hasn't been a complete and utter ar5e-up ?

A not very comprehensive kit video and lack of payment plan on some otherwise very reasonably priced season tickets are hardly indicative of a club with severe issues.

My word we do whine on sometimes.

I am assuming you have £400 spare to buy a season ticket ?