New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Orange

orange.gif

Not orange

optionc.jpg

Granted it's not the darkest red in the world. But it plainly is red.

Still i'm sure B Rabbit would go wild in the aisles for an orange kit.

Weird. Sitting in my chair it looks orange but it looks red from lower down. What the **** is up with my eyes!?

Those sash kits people are designing are lush, would definitely buy one!

I was hoping for a copy of the Air Florida kit, officially the nicest kit ever (according to an internet poll I once saw).

Edit: ****ing blackberry told me it didn't work, hence duplicate post.

Edited by Dibden Purlieu Saint
Blackberry and Orange network conspiring to make me look stupid.

I reckon the new kit is going to split the younger and the older fans. Most of the 'Older' i.e 40+ people I know are strongly against the idea of the sash' date=' where as most people in their teens, twenties and possibly thirties are more open to it I'd say. Obviously there'll be anomalies.[/quote']

agree, think this kit will have a marmite touch to it.

you'll either love it - or hate it, no middle ground.

It will be a plain white collared shirt just like England's home tailored by Umbro kit - but with a plain red diagonal sash - simples really!

if your celebrating Saints 125 year anniversary with a special kit its got to be as close as you can get to the very first / original Saints shirt and that is it!

I think its also the shirt worn by the first football club in Brazil Charles Miller set up - so another good reason to wear it and highlight Saints link to Brazilian football

you've got to think big brand here!

we should make it our home shirt only, and use either this seasons red and white stripes without a sponsors logo or the new yellow and blue kit for away games.

I have a feeling the away kit will be as close a replica of the 76 FA Cup shirt as possible - a plain yellow shirt with blue edging and the Umrbo logo down the sleeves in blue (instead of the Admiral logo). If anyone has seen the Umbro fashion range they have this edging on the sleeves of the the tracksuit tops and its looks class - coz it reminds me of the 76 kit!

I'd like to see Umbro and Saints copy the classic designs of the late 70 and early 80s (Air Florida /Rank Xerox) home shirts over the next few seasons

the early 80s was not only one of the best shirts we've seen but also one of the best teams!

it makes commercial sense as well as they will all sell well!

Anyway does anyone know when its actuall going to be announced/released!?

This could be a big clue!

It makes sense with what Cortese said about it being unique and a one off.

A REVERSIBLE KIT!!! :D

Spanish side Athletic Club de Bilbao have revealed their new special edition home shirt that the team will wear next season. The shirt commemorates the club’s 100th anniversary and is made by Umbro as part of their new tailored range.

bil01.jpg

The shirt is mainly the club’s traditional home colours of Red and White stripes, the colour the club have been using since 1910. There is also a wide red collar. The club badge is on the left of the shirt and the makers have their logo on the right in black.

For Saints they could have a similar shirt in red and white stripes.

bil05.jpg

The home shirt is also reversible. The reverse is mostly all black. The collar and ends of the sleeves are red. There is a special edition club badge is on the left of the chest and the makers have their logo on the right. The back of the shirt also has the names of the first 11 players of the club written down in white.

For Saints the reverse kit could be the 1885 sash kit and on the back the 11 players like on the Bilbao kit.

bil06.jpg

bil04.jpg

Therefore red and white stripes and a sash together. Everyone happy! :D

Spanish side Athletic Club de Bilbao have revealed their new special edition home shirt that the team will wear next season. The shirt commemorates the club’s 100th anniversary and is made by Umbro as part of their new tailored range.

bil01.jpg

The shirt is mainly the club’s traditional home colours of Red and White stripes, the colour the club have been using since 1910. There is also a wide red collar. The club badge is on the left of the shirt and the makers have their logo on the right in black.

For Saints they could have a similar shirt in red and white stripes.

bil05.jpg

The home shirt is also reversible. The reverse is mostly all black. The collar and ends of the sleeves are red. There is a special edition club badge is on the left of the chest and the makers have their logo on the right. The back of the shirt also has the names of the first 11 players of the club written down in white.

For Saints the reverse kit could be the 1885 sash kit and on the back the 11 players like on the Bilbao kit.

bil06.jpg

bil04.jpg

Therefore red and white stripes and a sash together. Everyone happy! :D

I think that's vile.

Not seen that Bilbao one. Really interesting design. Not to keen on the names on the black side though.

Not too keen on the names on the back though

The black side(or for Saints the white with red sash) is just meant to be used as a casual t-shirt that commemorates 125 years, not to be worn in matches.

Not bad, but I prefer the sash idea. Having said that, we are synonymous with red and white stripes, so it makes sense to do that. Not too keen on the names on the back though, but like the idea of the reversible kit. That way, if you spill ketchup on it from your pre-match burger, turn it over and hey presto! Clean shirt! :D

The site you linked to says it was Newcastle's kit in 1881. So no need for that spreadsheet.

Well if we're gonna get pedantic about it (and i know you wouldn't have it any other way) you'll note that i made no reference to a 125 year anniversary.

It is basically the same as ALL Saints kits from 1896 to 1976.

Did you think they were ****?

Err I guess so, does that make me a crap fan or something?

It's just my opinion, the Bilbao shirt is a bit pants. Would much prefer a sash as has been mentioned previously. The neck is odd, the collar is too big and the two logo's seem tiny. Sort that out a bit and it might be a decent-ish kit.

bil01.jpg

Is that actually the kit or as it says a polo shirt for the fans?

http://www.athletic-club.net/web/main.asp?a=0&b=1&c=1&d=1000&berria=9543&idi=2

lol.

Couldn't have happened to a more anal pedant.

Indeed...and as a good wholesome pedant i'll draw your attention to this particular line:

What could be more "unique and one off" than using an idea someone else is also using?!

I can only give you a clue

iPhone URL:

*Vasco #11 - Romario - match worn 00's*

Browser URL:

*Vasco #11 - Romario - match worn 00's*

To save anyone else the trouble of searching:

!Bmd2G-g!mk~$(KGrHqQH-EYEtr+qYv,RBLfsTvefSw~~_12.JPG

Collar looks particularly naff.

To save anyone else the trouble of searching:

Collar looks particularly naff.

Badger, that is just a "clue". It will no way be that exact template and collar as it is 10 years old.

Yes it will be a sash and yes it will have a collar:D

In case anyone was wondering, the white shirt with plain red diagonal I posted already is called the "Vasco" in Umbro's teamwear range.

nc_697685_A61_kb.jpg

I'd be inclined to think it's not going to be THAT obvious...

I really like the Athletic Bilbao shirt - which isn't something I'd say for all of them - THEIR 100th Anniversary shirt (made by Kappa) is bloody horrible, because I own one.

Bibao-98-Home-USE.jpg

What colour will the shorts be if the red sash 'secret' is true?

White if they're "authentic" to the original (and with black socks, not red as suggested above), or black if they just go with more recent Saints colours.

Personally I'd like the full white w/sash, white, black as originally used - with alternative black shorts and white or red socks because the yellow/blue away kit won't "go".

As long as they sell 'em all and don't do the annoying thing of not flogging the alternative colours (notably this season's occasional red away socks, last season's red socks (and red shorts), the white shorts of the 2003 semi-final, black socks with red turnovers worn at Leicester in CCC, white shorts worn at Watford in the CCC, the entirely non-replica Anniversary Cup win yellow shirts, etc.).

I don't really mind what they do as long as I can actually buy it if they wear it.

White if they're "authentic" to the original (and with black socks, not red as suggested above), or black if they just go with more recent Saints colours.

Personally I'd like the full white w/sash, white, black as originally used - with alternative black shorts and white or red socks because the yellow/blue away kit won't "go".

As long as they sell 'em all and don't do the annoying thing of not flogging the alternative colours (notably this season's occasional red away socks, last season's red socks (and red shorts), the white shorts of the 2003 semi-final, black socks with red turnovers worn at Leicester in CCC, white shorts worn at Watford in the CCC, the entirely non-replica Anniversary Cup win yellow shirts, etc.).

I don't really mind what they do as long as I can actually buy it if they wear it.

Your not one of those 40 year olds who still turn up in full kit including socks pulled up on match days are you ;)

Your not one of those 40 year olds who still turn up in full kit including socks pulled up on match days are you ;)

And shinpads ;)

Nah, I only wear my shirt at matches and the rest of it for 5-a-side (whilst trying not to match)... as you well know !