New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

I'm not going to describe anything about it. It was made very clear that I shouldn't describe the shirt and I won't.

Personally I'm not sure about it. I think more people will dislike it than like it. However, we've all been in that situation before and grown to like certain kits. I wasn't sure about the current home shirt when it was launched but quite like it now.

The away kit is a massive improvement on the current one. Part of me thinks that people may prefer it to the home shirt.

I'm not going to describe anything about it. It was made very clear that I shouldn't describe the shirt and I won't.

Personally I'm not sure about it. I think more people will dislike it than like it. However, we've all been in that situation before and grown to like certain kits. I wasn't sure about the current home shirt when it was launched but quite like it now.

The away kit is a massive improvement on the current one. Part of me thinks that people may prefer it to the home shirt.

Not even sash or stripes, or neither!

Why bother telling people you've seen it then knowing full well everyone would be asking you to show it/describe it. Just like being ITK I guess.

Possibly something like these then? (Credit goes to GeckoSaint ;))

opt2.jpg opt2.jpg

i hope it's something like that - modern style with a bit of tradition about it.

i just hope they don't put stripes down the entire slash - it's better just having it kind of half and half like above.

i hope it's something like that - modern style with a bit of tradition about it.

i just hope they don't put stripes down the entire slash - it's better just having it kind of half and half like above.

It would look better without the stripes at the bottom. Just the sash would look good.

I like the diagonal "sash" thing, and I like plain striped shirts too. A combination of the two would probably be hideous and be more akin to paying tribute to the Branfoot "Pony Tick" years.

Umbro already sell the diagonal kit as part of its teamwear range this season, fwiw :

nc_697685_A61_kb.jpg

Edited by The9

Possibly something like these then? (Credit goes to GeckoSaint ;))

opt2.jpg opt2.jpg

That is terrible. Truly terrible. It looks like someone's dropped the tomato sauce from their fat hot dogs at half time. Horrendous.

That said, the shirt's nice. The more basic the better. Fulham's plain white collard shirt two seasons ago was probably my favourite ever kit.

That is terrible. Truly terrible. It looks like someone's dropped the tomato sauce from their fat hot dogs at half time. Horrendous.

That said, the shirt's nice. The more basic the better. Fulham's plain white collard shirt two seasons ago was probably my favourite ever kit.

How about this one ? Universidad de San Martin

Being passed off as "tailored" as it has the tweaked Umbro logo, plain home kit the same style as this season's Sunderland kit (which wasn't "Tailored" branded) and a rather familiar away kit...

Universidad-de-San-Martin-2010-umbro-kits-1.jpg

Or these Club Universitario shirts :

Club-Universitario-2010-umbro-football-kits-3.jpg

Club-Universitario-2010-umbro-football-kits-2.jpg

See the club are thinking of you all the time ;)

Although I had to sign a disclaimer to say I wouldn't distribute images of it or describe it in detail.

There's an easy way around that without breaking the disclaimer. Just give detailed descriptions of what it DOESN'T look like. We can then work it out from there.

Win win

The universitario shirts are stunning (especially up close), and a true example of the tailored by umbro concept.

Why umbro feel the need to brand new shirts as "tailored by" which are clearly 2009/2010 templates but with the new logo (virtually the same as our current away kit) is anyones guess and actually cheapens a fantasic concept.

There's an easy way around that without breaking the disclaimer. Just give detailed descriptions of what it DOESN'T look like. We can then work it out from there.

Win win

Ok. It doesn't look anything like our current home shirt. Or the one before that, or the one before that. It's not Blue, Green, Yellow, Brown, Purple, Orange or Pink.

That should give you plenty to go on.

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

In 1898 the owners would have just choosen the shirt upstairs; it wouldn't even have occurred to bosses to think of asking the opinions of plebs and serfs like us.

But... this is 2010 is it not and you'd be pretty confident that a modern sensitive democratic owners would have half-a-dozen mock-ups printed and photoed and shown to fans in a poll to test the water before they make any judgements.

Hang on a minute 'though, what's that? The new owners are Swiss? By any reckoning it's still about 1899 over there.....

Oh! Dear!

Its one year, for our anniversary. Its our history, embrace it. Its a one off.

If they really must embrace the history of a sash kit then it can be our third kit.

I want this kit (probably our only chance to have a kit without some sh:tty logo on it) to be something truely synonymous with Saints. Which it can be especially when combined with the classy kits that Umbro are pushing out at the moment through the Tailored by brand. The whole sash idea is not only not synonymous with Saints it is a halfbaked idea which will blow our one chance to have a kit which can truely last the test of time.

If (and it's a big if) they get it right i'll probably buy a couple.

My guess is that it'll be the sash design, but with a white stripe running through it. Whereas the Citeh one above is red and black, I think it'll be red and white sash, perhaps using the "classic" stripe worn by Steve Williams et al in the late 70's/early 80's?

Anyone able to do a mock up of what that'd look like?

I would have liked the club to have had some mock-ups produced and let the fans have the final decision in the form of a vote. We've done it that way before so why not again?

That way it gets the fans involved. We're the people who've supported the club through thick & thin and put our hands in our pockets for tickets and merchandise. What harm would it do to let the fans have a say in how the kit looks in our 125th year.

I would have liked the club to have had some mock-ups produced and let the fans have the final decision in the form of a vote. We've done it that way before so why not again?

That way it gets the fans involved. We're the people who've supported the club through thick & thin and put our hands in our pockets for tickets and merchandise. What harm would it do to let the fans have a say in how the kit looks in our 125th year.

Nice idea in principle, but with the advent of the internet you're always vulnerable to a load of Pompey fans voting for the worst one (like the previous time we did this with the Glenn Hoddle Monaco short). Saying that, the Blue Few's numbers seem to have dwindled to such an extent of late that it probably would only have a minimal effect on the vote....