New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Yep :D

I'm finding it hard to believe that a security guard at SMS would just flash about a picture of the new kit when it's meant to be secret. Seems a bit odd to me. Also, i'm not sure if we've ever worn a kit with white sleeves and the rest red, so it seems an odd choice for a 125 year anniversary kit.

I'm looking forward to the sash kit, which I think is the most likely option, but i'm prepared to admit that I was wrong when the kit is revealed later on.

No they haven't, well not according to this site.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm

What happened was that my brother works for TNT and there were some exams at SMS the other day and he went and picked up the exams once they were finished but he had to wait around for a bit. He got talking to the security guards for a good 20 minutes and then he asked him if he wanted to see the new kit. He said yes so the security guard took him to the back of the shop in an office and showed him a picture of it in a folder. Why would i make that up?

No they haven't, well not according to this site.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Southampton/Southampton.htm

1985 kit is pretty close, but apart from that there's nothing similar to it on there.

What happened was that my brother works for TNT and there were some exams at SMS the other day and he went and picked up the exams once they were finished but he had to wait around for a bit. He got talking to the security guards for a good 20 minutes and then he asked him if he wanted to see the new kit. He said yes so the security guard took him to the back of the shop in an office and showed him a picture of it in a folder. Why would i make that up?

Not sure why you'd make it up, but still seems slightly odd to me that a security guard would a) have access to a picture of the new kit and b) would randomly show it off to someone he's known for about 20 minutes. Still, like I said, if it turns out that you're correct, i'm willing to accept that I was wrong, it just seems all a little strange to me and I don't think it's true. You could be a P*mpey WUM for all we know... :D

I've seen the away kit for next season. I was walking around the stadium the other day (on a non-match day), and got talking to a cleaner outside the mega store. After chatting for about 20 minutes he took me into the toilets (the ones you can get to from the outside of the Itchen-Chapel corner), and took me to one of the cubicles. In there, he put the toilet seat down, stood on it, and lifted up one of the ceiling tiles and climbed up. In the roof there was a little safe (which luckily he had the key to), and he opened it and showed me a picture of himself modelling the new away kit (apparently they get the cleaners to proto-type the kits before the players officially model them!). I was blue, with orange stripes and a completely new badge. It had no sponsor on it, but it did have a small photo of Markus Liebherr on the sleeve.

You probably won't believe any of this, but I can assure you that every word of it is true.

I've seen the away kit for next season. I was walking around the stadium the other day (on a non-match day), and got talking to a cleaner outside the mega store. After chatting for about 20 minutes he took me into the toilets (the ones you can get to from the outside of the Itchen-Chapel corner), and took me to one of the cubicles. In there, he put the toilet seat down, stood on it, and lifted up one of the ceiling tiles and climbed up. In the roof there was a little safe (which luckily he had the key to), and he opened it and showed me a picture of himself modelling the new away kit (apparently they get the cleaners to proto-type the kits before the players officially model them!). I was blue, with orange stripes and a completely new badge. It had no sponsor on it, but it did have a small photo of Markus Liebherr on the sleeve.

You probably won't believe any of this, but I can assure you that every word of it is true.

What a load of absolute crap. How on earth do you expect me to believe that when I KNOW that the safe the cleaner has the key to is in the toilets above the Northam/Kingsland corner!

Lol

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha love it.

As I posted earlier, Umbro presented a load of different shirt styles and colours. I'm not saying that this was chosen, just that it was one option that was being considered. My mate couldn't take a picture of the whole shirt, but he did manage to sneak a photo of the colour. He said the shirt was very plain. All one colour with a Red & Black trim.

There's not much to see. And it definitely wasn't a Goalkeepers shirt!

01a.jpg

No that picture is of the Wembley pitch from Google Earth! Not our new kit!:D

1985 kit is pretty close, but apart from that there's nothing similar to it on there.

Not sure why you'd make it up, but still seems slightly odd to me that a security guard would a) have access to a picture of the new kit and b) would randomly show it off to someone he's known for about 20 minutes. Still, like I said, if it turns out that you're correct, i'm willing to accept that I was wrong, it just seems all a little strange to me and I don't think it's true. You could be a P*mpey WUM for all we know... :D

They do tests there every few months and he speaks to him everytime he goes up there to pick them up.

We know we will be getting 2 new Umbro shirts for next season, and that the replica home shirt will not have sponsors on it. The flybe deal expires and both Saints and flybe have claimed they don't want it to continue.

The statement wording about the sponsor-free shirt was VERY ambiguous, but most have assumed this means the players' home shirts will be free of sponsors as well as the replicas - and as Cortese wants to increase the value of the shirt sponsorship, the team going without one altogether (inc away shirt) is a logical assumption.

Judging by trends in Umbro's marketing, I'm pretty confident it's going to be branded as Tailored By Umbro and have a classic kit look to it, though judging by some of the "tailored by" efforts afforded to Linfield and Shamrock Rovers so far, they're just sticking the new Umbro badge on some of next season's designs and calling it the same style as the current England and Man City kits.

There are a few striped efforts around by Umbro for next season already, all very straightforward and plain. But the sash kit, though mostly a rumour started on here from info in the official statement, does seem to fit nicely for a one-year 125th anniversary kit. The home kit 125 years ago had white shorts and red socks, that doesn't necessarily mean we will follow that either.

And it also seems fairly logical that we'll have a yellow away shirt with blue shorts, as it's "traditional" for Saints (since the 70s anyway) and the last two have been navy and charcoal grey. The last yellow away kit was the all yellow of the playoff season.

Hoping they make an announcement soon, expecting we'll have one out in May and one in July.

Hoping they make an announcement soon, expecting we'll have one out in May and one in July.

Possibly given an airring at the last home match?

The other unveiled at the Ted Bates Trophy game (v Inter Bayernlona or other such illustrious opponent.)

Possibly given an airring at the last home match?

The other unveiled at the Ted Bates Trophy game (v Inter Bayernlona or other such illustrious opponent.)

I think we'd have heard something by now if it was getting shown off that soon.

I can't remember whether we've launched the home kit before the away kit or vice versa in the last few seasons - though until 2008 we had 3 of the things anyway...

You can argue either way really, launching the away kit first gives it a longer sales period and makes it the main "new season" product throughout the summer break, whilst launching an away kit in July/August gives a boost to sales at the start of the season when more people are enthusiastic and more likely to buy new stuff for the new season.

Same arguments for the home kit, though personally I think launching it at the end of the previous season sucks nuts and makes the kit "old" before it even gets used (nearly 3 months later). However, THIS year I'd like a new home kit asap.

Not going to happen. Flybe would have paid for their name to be on the Saints shirts for 46 league games. They are unlikely to be happy with the club ditching that and playing in a kit without the Flybe logo on it.

If they wanted to I'm sure the club could afford to buy them out for one game given the additional publicity the JPT Final got them.

It also detracts from it being a 125th anniversary kit if it is worn in the 124th year.

The reason clubs wear next seasons kit in the last league game is to give it publicity in order to help sales. The 125th anniversary kit will get enough publicity without the need to wear it in the 124th year.

Not going to happen. Flybe would have paid for their name to be on the Saints shirts for 46 league games. They are unlikely to be happy with the club ditching that and playing in a kit without the Flybe logo on it.

It also detracts from it being a 125th anniversary kit if it is worn in the 124th year.

The reason clubs wear next seasons kit in the last league game is to give it publicity in order to help sales. The 125th anniversary kit will get enough publicity without the need to wear it in the 124th year.

Both fair and valid points.

That's a fair point, but this is 21st century marketing we're talking about here - no "FACT" too important to overlook in the interests of selling...

...besides, as the club's first year began in 1885, the club's 125th year actually began in 2009 and ends with the Anniversary date - so it's perfectly appropriate for them to do all of this now anyway.

Yep :D

I'm finding it hard to believe that a security guard at SMS would just flash about a picture of the new kit when it's meant to be secret. Seems a bit odd to me. Also, i'm not sure if we've ever worn a kit with white sleeves and the rest red, so it seems an odd choice for a 125 year anniversary kit.

I'm looking forward to the sash kit, which I think is the most likely option, but i'm prepared to admit that I was wrong when the kit is revealed later on.

Rank Xerox?

Even if the red kit with white sleeves story is even partially true and the whole "security guard has a picture" bit is true there's nothing to say it isn't just a training kit, especially as there's no sponsor. And FWIW I think it's just utter bll0ck5.

I would like to point out at this point in time that my comments on this thread were not fro mattys caddy, but from mattys caddys nipperr who will be duly bollocked by myself for a) using my account and b) revealing too much detail of his source maybe dropping certain people in the cart. I can confirm though that the info he gave the forum is correct and was posted in good faith. Wheather or not it turns out to be bs or not is a different matter. HTH

Edited by Matty's Caddy

lol.... very good

It's on ebay already:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-VTG-RED-STRIPE-BEER-JAMAICA-BEACH-PARTY-T-SHIRT-S_W0QQitemZ260561601808QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_CSA_MC_Shirts?hash=item3caaae8510

Here it is! There's also a clue within it for those of you reading in Black and White! :)

In all honesty I shall wait for the new design before I comment but if it does look like something like this...imagine the pee taking!

S ave

O ur

S tripes

!

Edited by SaintRobbie

they dont have to wear it at the game, more get someone to model it

If Cortese is as clever as he makes out, then the reason he released that teasing bit of info about the 125th anniversary kit, was to spark of threads such as these so he could see what the fan base would welcome (what would be popular in the club shop i.e £££££) as he only had ideas and nothing concrete!

So hopfully A traditional red and white striped or sashed kit in similar fashion to Englands tailor made (although the collar of the England kit always curls up) and then Yellow away kit! (YELLOWS! is always a good easy loud chant for away matches)

Red shirt with white sleeves? isnt that the old arsenal kit?

Ha ha.

You must be under 5 if you think "the "old Arsenal kit" alone is sufficiently descriptive!

The last one I saw when I went to an Arsenal home game was red and white quarters. They all were wearing those boots with a leather strap running diagonally from the toe cap, and stacked leather studs nailed on to the sole.

It seems only yesterday..........

Nurse, can I have the bedpan now, please......

I heard that Pompey can't afford a kit for next season, Andrew Andronikou has thanked Markus Liebherr for his offer to donate Saints 2009/10 Home Kit to Pompey for use next season in the Championship. Andrew Andronikou further thanked Markus Leibherr for offering to remove the "Flybe.com" and replace it with "Saints Are Best" in return for clearing the £30,000 owed to Southampton FC by Portsmouth FC as reported in their List of Creditors.