New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Just received the Umbro football kit brochure for next season through the post.

Could be a couple of clues in there.

A new sash kit with a collar called 'Vasco' is shown. Picture in the brochure is of a white shirt with red (vermillion) sash. Design also available in other colours.

Another range called 'Winchester' is also shown. This range has picture of a yellow shirt with blue neck and cuffs and a thin blue stripe vertically on the outside of front on each side.

The Vasco would be the shirt I linked on here about 2 months ago, and that's already been linked again on this thread about 6 times then. The "Winchester" sounds like its based on the Sweden/Republic of Ireland "tailored by" style.

Swansea have unveiled both home & away umbro shirts.

Particularly like the away all black shirt & shorts with black & White hooped socks.

The home one is literally all White! Seems very baggy, perhaps not "tailored by"?

Haven't seen the detail, but Umbro are slapping "Tailored By" on everything this season, despite a lot of the designs so far being similar to last season's and clearly not being "tailored" at all - I think the Swansea one is probably a variation of the Sunderland home, from last season.

i.e. it's a v-neck with two (same colour) stripes and fundamentally just a plain shirt style. The Shamrock Rovers kit is the same "plain" style but with the 09/10 v-neck collar - similar to the navy/yellow Saints away but without the contrast panel, the same as the Blackburn away already unveiled. Even the new Linfield kit is basically the Rangers template from last season.

My mate who works at Staplewood says that it was supposed to be released yesterday, but Cortese delayed it to after he returned from Malta, he wasn't happy with the photos apparently and they're doing ANOTHER photoshoot today.

Starting to very much not believe this now...

Also, LOL at the whole Vasco thing. That particular shirt's been around since the summer of 2009, it's called Vasco because it's loosely based on the STYLE (not colour) of Vasco da Gama's shirt. Umbro have been naming kit styles after the clubs they loosely resemble, or using words that relate to those clubs, for at least 15 years to my knowledge - e.g. their bog standard hooped kit was called "Celtic" for about 5 years in the mid 90s even though Celtic had 3 different designs in that time.

One colour of the Vasco happens to look very much like the first Saints kit ever, which, along with the club's proclamation of something unique, is why lots of people think it's a strong basis for being the design of the actual kit. As that particular shirt is an Umbro teamwear kit it'll be that level of quality, and though it's not as if the replicas themselves are ever GOOD quality, they'll at least have a club badge on them !

TBF as long as the shirt, whatever it looks like, has a saints badge on it - i'll be happy.

The important thing is that we play well this season and get promotion - what we wear whilst doing it is, to a great degree, insignificant

TBF as long as the shirt, whatever it looks like, has a saints badge on it - i'll be happy.

The important thing is that we play well this season and get promotion - what we wear whilst doing it is, to a great degree, insignificant

You're on the wrong thread then! ;)

Don't know why but really starting to get ****ed off with this.

And with reference to the chap who says his "friend" is at Staplewood, unless he is a groundstaff or squad level, very unlikely, we cleared our equipment from Staplewood 2 weeks ago.

Guys good news...just heard the kit will be revealed in the next few days.

@rse

Could really do with some good news today. Feels like a long time since we last had some good news. I guess the "new shirt coming in few days" article was the last thing to (not) get excited about.

Edited by Liquidshokk

I expect it's been noticed before, but I can't go through all 880 posts to find it. Shoot me down:

Go and look at the online shop at the Saints website. Look at the replica kits. See that they are reduced for clearance. Look at the date this offer expires. Then notice that the dates are different for home kit and away kit.

I reckon those are the dates you are looking for.

If I'm right, do you reckon you can keep this thread going until then?

I expect it's been noticed before, but I can't go through all 880 posts to find it. Shoot me down:

Go and look at the online shop at the Saints website. Look at the replica kits. See that they are reduced for clearance. Look at the date this offer expires. Then notice that the dates are different for home kit and away kit.

I reckon those are the dates you are looking for.

If I'm right, do you reckon you can keep this thread going until then?

I would ignore those dates, otherwise we'll be getting the goalkeeper shirt 4 days before the outfield home shirts.

Cortese is probably just holding it off while reading this forum and seeing people going mental about every little thing, while having a good laugh about it....

You could have a good point their, it reminds me of the masochist who kept screaming at the sadist to beat him, the sadist takes a long drag on his fag, looks at him and say's.........................................NOoooooooooooo.

You could have a good point their, it reminds me of the masochist who kept screaming at the sadist to beat him, the sadist takes a long drag on his fag, looks at him and say's.........................................NOoooooooooooo.

Yeah I can see that as a business tactic. Make people wait so long and get so frustrated waiting for season tickets/football shirts that by the time they are released everyone is desperate for them. Wouldn't put it past a pro businessman like Cortese.

I wish I wasn't so tempted by that carrot on that stick.

Fair enough mate, but tell me why u were not so keen on what you saw?

It was boring. I don't want to go into too much detail as I don't want to drop people in the ****. I had high expectations, probably because of all the hype surrounding the 125th anniversary. Sadly what I've seen failed to live up to my expectations. I'm ****ed off with the whole thing now. If what I saw is then new shirt then personally I'm disappointed. I think the badge is a pretty poor design that any school kid could have produced & i'm inclined to say that the shirt I saw was of a similar standard.

This will be my last post on the subject as I'm sick of being pestered with private messages asking for more info, or calling me a lying bastard for refusing to share. I'm beginning to wish I'd never seen or mentioned the bloody thing! :(

Edited by Cestrian Saint

The new 10-11 Home Kit is due for release……. But you can't see it just yet!!

Fans will have to wait just a little longer before they get to see the new 10-11 Home kit design, one of the most eagerly anticipated in recent memory.

The details surrounding the 125 Anniversary strip are being kept a closely guarded secret ahead of its official launch, the only way you can ensure you are amongst the first to see it is by regularly checking the Club's website. All will be revealed soon.

Whatever gave them the impression people were impatient....? Anyone would think they are reading these threads....

p.s. anyone got a dictionary defintion of "soon" to hand....?

Just saw that.

What a bunch of incompetent c'nts.

They clearly have absolutely NO idea what they are doing.

Does give some weight to the "Cortese interfering and endless reshooting of the photos" theory though. I mean they clearly don't have even enough of a plan together to present it as a teaser, it's just a b011ocks placeholder in lieu of them actually knowing when things will happen.

More like a mushroom every day under this media policy.

The new article must mean it's not today, but you'd think Friday would be very stupid given the focus on the World Cup, so that means tomorrow?

Unless launching on the day of the World Cup somehow means everyone is thinking about football, excited, and happy to spend?

I really couldn't care about the shirt tbf. World Cup starts on Friday and that is my priority for the next month! It's only a shirt!

Just saw that.

What a bunch of incompetent c'nts.

They clearly have absolutely NO idea what they are doing.

Does give some weight to the "Cortese interfering and endless reshooting of the photos" theory though. I mean they clearly don't have even enough of a plan together to present it as a teaser, it's just a b011ocks placeholder in lieu of them actually knowing when things will happen.

More like a mushroom every day under this media policy.

Judging by their interpretation of 'A few days' in the announcement last week, I think it's safe to say that we'll be left waiting until next week at the earliest.

Maybe Cortese is getting Spencer Turnick, to do some kind of abstract before and after photoshoot, and it's delayed, whilst Tunick works out the composition. Let's not forget that the chairman has said only the best at this club now.

No idea what they're doing, except that now we have everyone desperate to see the shirt, and no doubt buy it, rather than the usual 'oh look, a new shirt...meh' reaction.

Which is probably what they want, they've got all the gheys on here wetting their pants because they have to wait a little longer to see the new kit.

A job well done IMO.

Maybe Cortese is getting Spencer Turnick, to do some kind of abstract before and after photoshoot, and it's delayed, whilst Tunick works out the composition. Let's not forget that the chairman has said only the best at this club now.

could be that, first game of next season, entry only if naked.