New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Interesting to see that the English term "Soon" has now over time been amended to mean Insh'allah.

I guess that's just the times a changing and one of the benefits of being based in St Mary's area

It's gone 1:25pm and another marketing coup foiled... :D

Etc.

Even I'm starting to not care, but I bet it's doing wonders for their hit counter.

its only clothes you bunch of girls!

Mixed metaphors. If we were girls this thread would have been about the new Jimmy Choo Saints Shoes or the new Gucci Sash handbag.

This is about wearing THE SHIRT, it's much more important than big girl's blouses

Indeed, but

implies that this was outdoors, yesterday, when it was significantly different weather to the previous few weeks. So if it's true, we might be able to tell from the pics. I remain heathilty cynical about the whole thing.

I've asked my mate about this and there was some coaching thingy in there.

He's also told me that the pitch is again off limits, they're doing a photoshoot again he thinks. He's also told me that the kit is to be announced tonight some time on the website.

I bet Cortese's sat in his office reading this forum laughing his tits off.

I'd hope he had better things to do, like work out how to implement a Season ticket payment plan, or attending "how not to p15s off your fanbase" classes.

I've asked my mate about this and there was some coaching thingy in there.

He's also told me that the pitch is again off limits, they're doing a photoshoot again he thinks. He's also told me that the kit is to be announced tonight some time on the website.

Right, who's getting down there to rummage in the bushes ? Piece of pee to get a cameraphone shot as evidence from the trees behind the one goal next to the main road, fence or no fence... ;)

this unvailing is going to be the biggest anti clmax ever known.

we will all hate it and all this waiting is just going to build it up and ultimately we will be dissapointed.

OS should not have mentioned anything.

Edited by saint lard

Just called my mate at Umbro. He said he was looking at a wall planner in his office and it clearly states 'Southampton Kit Launch' w/c 07.06.10. He also said there's been some changes to the shirt he showed me 4 weeks ago, but flatly refused to say what they were :(

Edited by Sidney Fudpucker the 3rd

- They have a nice 5 star hotel with conference facilities and Mediterranean climate.

- A tie in with the Maltese tourist board.

It isn't tax payers money, so don't worry. :)

Q: Where do the Football League ultimately get their money from......

A: Joe Public

Just called my mate at Umbro. He said he was looking at a wall planner in his office and it clearly states 'Southampton Kit Launch' w/c 07.06.10. He also said there's been some changes to the shirt he showed me 4 weeks ago, but flatly refused to say what they were :(

So, if it's changed from what he showed you before there'll be no harm in describing in intimate detail what showed you before.....go on, you know you want to.... :-)

Can't believe one hasn't surfaced on EBAY yet....

Q: Where do the Football League ultimately get their money from......

A: Joe Public

As I said, a tie in with the Maltese tourist board. So may cost them nothing if the hosts pay.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/latestnews/20100603/malta-partnership-announced_2245681_2063057

Also, giving money to the Football League is optional for the public, paying taxes is compulsory (unless you are Pompey ;))

Just got home from the megasatore after pur chasing some wicked garden gnomes and noticed that they have some NEW kit mouse mats in, and they are red and white stripes. GET IN THERE!

Interesting.

Did it have the 125 year badge on it?

Just got home from the megasatore after pur chasing some wicked garden gnomes and noticed that they have some NEW kit mouse mats in, and they are red and white stripes. GET IN THERE!

Is that 'new' as in the kit or 'new' as in the mousemats?

Most new 'miscellaneous' merchandise will carry the generic Saints stripes rather than the nuances of the current kit design.

Or have I just had a 'whoooosh' moment...?

:-)

So, if it's changed from what he showed you before there'll be no harm in describing in intimate detail what showed you before.....go on, you know you want to.... :-)

Can't believe one hasn't surfaced on EBAY yet....

I can't believe they're claiming to have changed the kit in the last 4 weeks, as it is complete incompetence from the club if the case - though I'm getting less convinced as time goes on.

Having worked for a Sports retailer in their warehouse a few years back, these kits are usually drawn up 12 months in advance, tweaked 6 months in advance, made not long after and then shipped for storage months before any product launch etc.

If we were making it ourselves I could believe it, but this is Umbro we're dealing with.

Something that hasn't been raised yet - we had a VERY unique deal with Umbro, as the kits are only currently sold online or in one of three stores (Megastore, West Quay and the IoW one) - as far as I'm aware, no other club has this kind of deal and the other clubs with Umbro CAN all have their shirts sold in supermarkets, sports retailers etc. Will this be changing ? We have a five year deal, but that element of it might not be for the entire duration.

Could we see Saints shirts back "on the High Street" (or at least in SportsDirect.com and JJB) again ?

Is that 'new' as in the kit or 'new' as in the mousemats?

Most new 'miscellaneous' merchandise will carry the generic Saints stripes rather than the nuances of the current kit design.

Or have I just had a 'whoooosh' moment...?

:-)

No, I think you're right, stripes are just a generic Saints thing we'll continue to flog even if the team is un-striped for a season. Judging from the pic of the stadium at the moment through the netting they seem to be changing the seats to red and white stripes too...

Was in the WestQuay store this afternoon and asked the staff about the new kit. They said hopefully some time this month!

Personally i dont care when its released makes no odds as far as i'm concerned and cant see why some people are getting their knickers in a twist over it!

Has anyone heard from Gecko Saint since he designed those amazing badges? What is the chance that they are changing the badge and that's one reason why it's delayed. Would be amazing if true, and they do look on here A LOT.

Noh, he's upside-down.

And they are absolutely, definitely 100% not changing that badge, having made such a big deal out of it.

Especially not to something completely unsolicited and different, at short notice.

Much as I like Gecko !

Was in the WestQuay store this afternoon and asked the staff about the new kit. They said hopefully some time this month!

Personally i dont care when its released makes no odds as far as i'm concerned and cant see why some people are getting their knickers in a twist over it!

I don't think anyone seriously is - I love this stuff but I can't say I'm that bothered by when they get around to telling us.

Was pretty stupid to say "a few days" over a week ago though, seems to be pandemic is the club's communications at the moment.

No, I think you're right, stripes are just a generic Saints thing we'll continue to flog even if the team is un-striped for a season. Judging from the pic of the stadium at the moment through the netting they seem to be changing the seats to red and white stripes too...

Think that was probably a pic from before the cup game against pimpley.

I can't believe they're claiming to have changed the kit in the last 4 weeks, as it is complete incompetence from the club if the case - though I'm getting less convinced as time goes on.

Having worked for a Sports retailer in their warehouse a few years back, these kits are usually drawn up 12 months in advance, tweaked 6 months in advance, made not long after and then shipped for storage months before any product launch etc.

If we were making it ourselves I could believe it, but this is Umbro we're dealing with.

Something that hasn't been raised yet - we had a VERY unique deal with Umbro, as the kits are only currently sold online or in one of three stores (Megastore, West Quay and the IoW one) - as far as I'm aware, no other club has this kind of deal and the other clubs with Umbro CAN all have their shirts sold in supermarkets, sports retailers etc. Will this be changing ? We have a five year deal, but that element of it might not be for the entire duration.

Could we see Saints shirts back "on the High Street" (or at least in SportsDirect.com and JJB) again ?

The same thing crossed my mind. I'm beginning to think they may have had a couple of designs drawn up & have been monitoring these boards to see what kind of response a sash kit would get from the fans. They're not likely to go with a sash if everybody's against it. They'll want to generate as much business as possible, so will want the fans to love it. If they've got a stripes and a sash kit all ready to go then they can leave it until the 11th hour to make a decision. That may also explain the recent delay... Just a thought :s

The same thing crossed my mind. I'm beginning to think they may have had a couple of designs drawn up & have been monitoring these boards to see what kind of response a sash kit would get from the fans. They're not likely to go with a sash if everybody's against it. They'll want to generate as much business as possible, so will want the fans to love it. If they've got a stripes and a sash kit all ready to go then they can leave it until the 11th hour to make a decision. That may also explain the recent delay... Just a thought :s

Thought you said you have seen it already?:confused:

Just received the Umbro football kit brochure for next season through the post.

Could be a couple of clues in there.

A new sash kit with a collar called 'Vasco' is shown. Picture in the brochure is of a white shirt with red (vermillion) sash. Design also available in other colours.

Another range called 'Winchester' is also shown. This range has picture of a yellow shirt with blue neck and cuffs and a thin blue stripe vertically on the outside of front on each side.

Swansea have unveiled both home & away umbro shirts.

Particularly like the away all black shirt & shorts with black & White hooped socks.

The home one is literally all White! Seems very baggy, perhaps not "tailored by"?

The new Umbro teamware paper / magazine was sent out yesterday, to all youth clus etc.

The website shows the Vasco kit in blue and white, but the hardcopy has a full page of it in Red and White with red shorts and socks.

It has probaly been posted on here before (Can't be bothered to trawl back through) but I'm pretty sure this will be our kit.

Old fashioned collar, but looks good

The new Umbro teamware paper / magazine was sent out yesterday, to all youth clus etc.

The website shows the Vasco kit in blue and white, but the hardcopy has a full page of it in Red and White with red shorts and socks.

It has probaly been posted on here before (Can't be bothered to trawl back through) but I'm pretty sure this will be our kit.

Old fashioned collar, but looks good

Nothing wrong with collared shirts, they've always been in fashion (just not produced) as far as i'm concerned.

Swansea have unveiled both home & away umbro shirts.

Particularly like the away all black shirt & shorts with black & White hooped socks.

The home one is literally all White! Seems very baggy, perhaps not "tailored by"?

That black one is fantastic, really nice. Would be very happy with something like that for our away kit, looks really smart. Their home one looks smart as well, but a bit plain. Hopefully ours will be jazzed up a bit!

I think you will find its the kit of Vasco Da gama in Brazil, hence why the kit is called Vasco!!!!!!!!!!! If you look all the other team kits are named after the club wear them proffesionally. I'm no rocket scientist but you lot are clutching at straws now.

Correct, but it (could be) a good likliness of our new kit, so a good reference point?

I own the vasco White & vermillion 2009/10 teamwear shirt, they have still included the same shirt for 2010/11 in the new catologue.

There is no way it will be this exact shirt, it is not of high enough quality and not a tailored by umbro shirt.

I do think though it will be based on a very similar design.

Well it is now 9 days since they said it will be announced "within the next few days". If it is not out today I suggest a mass protest on the Itchen Bridge demanding it's release or we all jump to our doom.

Moaning and groaning aside, one has to agree that it does seem a little odd for the club to declare an announcement is due in "a few days" and then not actually do what they said they would do. I think we'd all agree (perhaps) that 9 days is stretching the dictionary definition of 'a few' somewhat...

Thought you said you have seen it already?:confused:

I have seen the shirt that one of the other forum users has seen. However, from what he said on his earlier post I'm not convinced that it's the finished article... Although he swears that it is. I'm as confused as everybody else. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.:confused:

I have seen the shirt that one of the other forum users has seen. However, from what he said on his earlier post I'm not convinced that it's the finished article... Although he swears that it is. I'm as confused as everybody else. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.:confused:

Fair enough mate, but tell me why u were not so keen on what you saw?

Moaning and groaning aside, one has to agree that it does seem a little odd for the club to declare an announcement is due in "a few days" and then not actually do what they said they would do. I think we'd all agree (perhaps) that 9 days is stretching the dictionary definition of 'a few' somewhat...

Cortese is probably just holding it off while reading this forum and seeing people going mental about every little thing, while having a good laugh about it....