New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

very strange to release info in the evening. Hopefully then we'll have our teaser and official release date tomorrow afternoon then.

Surely when they say the kit will be revealed they wont give us a teaser and then official launch. It will be a full reveal.

Just had a text from a mate who works at Staplewood, he told me that they were doing photoshoots for the new kit there today. An announcement on the kit will be released either tonight or tomorrow night is also what he says.

Did he not tell you what it looked like?

Apparently Lucy Pinder will be wearing the kit and then involved in the "full reveal". [NB - please note' date= this might not be true]

So still not much of the kit will be seen in this photo then.

That rumour about doing the photoshoot today is patently bo110cks, these things are usually done months in advance, they would hardly risk a last minute thing for something as revenue generating as this.

Or, erm, Season Tickets... :/

ps it's now past midnight, where are the ITKs with their expired NDAs???

If this was true then I would be very surprised the club will of made a brochure in that quick time to display all the training tops and keeper stuff etc.

They did that last time.

They've re-pulped the last matchday programme for this very purpose according to my sauces.

They can never stop me!

:-)

However I was not there yesterday!

:-(

I was wondering.

Well we'll be able to tell if the photoshoot looks like its been done in the p15sing down rain, won't we ?

I'm a bit worried the OS has a clip of the ghastly kit from 87-89

It was almost exactly like Denmark's kit in the 86 World Cup

I hated it big time, I'd be gutted to see something like that

Agree,it was one of our worst kits ever although the worst in my view was the effort that preceeded it,white shoulders on a otherwise totally red shirt.

so its exactly a week after the ''in a few days'' article, and we still have no kit.

nice one.

i know it's not a big deal, but that was such a stupid article to put up.

I agree. However, I don't see this as a reason to believe the club is in turmoil like some posters do!

It's a frustrating wait, but it's no reason to call for Cortese's head. (not that you were S-Clarke)

I agree. However, I don't see this as a reason to believe the club is in turmoil like some posters do!

It's a frustrating wait, but it's no reason to call for Cortese's head. (not that you were S-Clarke)

Cortese out ;)

It didn't start raining yesterday till about 4ish, so I guess we will never know ;)

It was p15sing down in Eastleigh all day, anyone in the vicinity of Staplewood able to verify... it certainly wasn't SUNNY anywhere, and prior to that it was a good couple of weeks since we had an overcast day, so should be able to tell if its outdoors anyway.

That's assuming it was even at Staplewood...

No doubt there will be uproar if there isn't any news on the kit today.

If our recent home shirts are anything to go by it won't be available in the megastore until early July....

That's probably about right, the expiry on the home kit offer is currently June 16 and this near the World Cup NO-ONE is selling new kits because they know people will buy World Cup shirts, they've either launched at the end of the season (Chelsea home, Liverpool home) or are waiting until mid-July (Man U, Arsenal).

That's probably about right, the expiry on the home kit offer is currently June 16 and this near the World Cup NO-ONE is selling new kits because they know people will buy World Cup shirts, they've either launched at the end of the season (Chelsea home, Liverpool home) or are waiting until mid-July (Man U, Arsenal).

This theory would be all well and good had the club not released that article a week ago.

This theory would be all well and good had the club not released that article a week ago.

All that article says is that the kit will be "announced", we're talking about being able to actually buy it.

Well, I have interpreted "in the Megastore" to mean "available to buy", at least.

I for one just want to see the kit, im more than happy to wait till after the world cup to get it... just seems like we should have seen it by now due to that silly OS article! Very frustrating, but tbf the news of players signing etc will be more interesting news and the kit aint going anywhere is it.

It was p15sing down in Eastleigh all day, anyone in the vicinity of Staplewood able to verify... it certainly wasn't SUNNY anywhere, and prior to that it was a good couple of weeks since we had an overcast day, so should be able to tell if its outdoors anyway.

That's assuming it was even at Staplewood...

Doesnt really matter when you can photoshop the pictures to be a nice sunny day.

Doesnt really matter when you can photoshop the pictures to be a nice sunny day.

Yeah, but in which case why not just photograph the pics on mannequins and superimpose heads etc. Why bother photographing the thing at all, and especially why wait until supposedly yesterday to do it ?

Last year they did "dark atmospheric kit photos" with Paul Wotton in the training dome - rain didn't matter :)

Indeed, but

None of the staff were allowed near the training field, all he knew was that it was off limits because they were doing the kit photoshoot.

implies that this was outdoors, yesterday, when it was significantly different weather to the previous few weeks. So if it's true, we might be able to tell from the pics. I remain heathilty cynical about the whole thing.

It doesn't matter what the weather was like full stop. Who cares if it was raining in Eastleigh yesterday?

I did, I got soaked walking to the car.

In case you're having trouble keeping up, someone has claimed they took the photos yesterday at Staplewood, outdoors. It was chucking it down less than 5 miles away pretty much all day, so there's a fair chance that if the weather can be identified on the pics we'll be able to verify if this rumour is true or not. And if it IS true, and they have been taking pics the day before the launch, it's some pretty rubbish planning.

I have kinda come full circle to thinking "who cares" myself now having explained that, but that was the point of it all, and there's only so many times you can have the "stripe/not stripe" argument.

I did, I got soaked walking to the car.

In case you're having trouble keeping up, someone has claimed they took the photos yesterday at Staplewood, outdoors. It was chucking it down less than 5 miles away pretty much all day, so there's a fair chance that if the weather can be identified on the pics we'll be able to verify if this rumour is true or not. And if it IS true, and they have been taking pics the day before the launch, it's some pretty rubbish planning.

I have kinda come full circle to thinking "who cares" myself now having explained that, but that was the point of it all, and there's only so many times you can have the "stripe/not stripe" argument.

Unless they were taken when it poured down with rain last Tuesday ;)