New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Had another look at the teaser video on the OS and had a re think. I dont know / can't remember if anybody else came up with the idea of the sash being stripes (if you understand).

I had a little play and came up with this.

21ah1kw.png

This is awesome BUT there is no way that umbro are going to want to represent 3 stripes...aka adidas!!

Think the solid sash is a stronger possibility.

I personally dont like the sash idea one bit and dont think it will be a good look if they go with it.

Will look more like a wavey ribbon around some of the bellies and moobs that will be in the shirts ;-)

You just know there will be a backlash of some sort however it turns out. This is the saintsweb forum afterall :snipe::smt071

I don't personally care about how anyone looks apart from the 11 players on the field. I haven't worn a replica kit since I was 13 (Patrick, Rank Xerox) and quite frankly anyone wearing one who has moobs - shouldn't as they are way too old to be wearing colours

which includes me

Edited by theyin
addition

I don't personally care about how anyone looks apart from the 11 players on the field. I haven't worn a replica kit since I was 13 (Patrick, Rank Xerox) and quite frankly anyone wearing one who has moobs - shouldn't as they are way too old to be wearing colours

which includes me

Im glad people disagree with you or we wouldnt have stadiums filled with colour, for example Holland. It beyond be why people have this view. Its almost as if they see replica kit wearing for children and you dont wear one to prove your a man.

I went past SMS yesterday to check out any sign of the giant "fans posters" being replaced... these are the FlyBe ones at each end of the Itchen stand. My guess is that as soon as there is a sign these are going to be replaced, we can expect an announcement on new shirts.

These areas are ideal for launching the new kit, especially as they are currently still FlyBe sponsored.

No sign yesterday, so perhaps anyone going that way can keep an eye for these changes?

Great method to build expectation, but I just hope it doesn't fall flat on it's face as the ST announcement did. Maybe that it causing some of the delay? NC et al running around all week trying to gauge how best to package the kit announcement with something to sweeten the fans after the backlash over ST's?

I bet a zillion quid (or someone's ST) that it's got a little triangle at the side of the shirt at the bottom, probably with some Saints anniversary year-type comment on it, all the Tailored By shirts have had that so far.

The England shirt doesn't....can I have a zillion quid? :)

My mate at Umbro has just sent me a text to say that the new Saints shirt launch is on thier schedule for next week.

TBH I think we'd worked that out already. lol

What a joke though! Wouldn't mind at all had they not said 'a few days' on tuesday.

If it's any consolation I have a new T-shirt which I could 'launch' today.

It's only a Primark plain white but would that help?

Why not put a red sash over it,and photoshop it on to here and say you are ITK.

Why not put a red sash over it, and photoshop it on to here and say you are ITK.

My word, I could never do such a thing, being as pure as yellow, sorry, driven snow as I am. I would have to do it for real, but unfortunately, the red sash shop in Taunton shut in 1953 and there are none to be had in the county at any price.

Oh and now I've spilt coffee on the shirt.

This day goes from bad to worse, I fear.

Woe is me.

01.06.10 'New kit is coming in a few days'. Sauce? OS.

few (fy)

adj. few·er, few·est

1. Amounting to or consisting of a small number: one of my few bad habits.

2. Being more than one but indefinitely small in number: bowled a few strings.

n. (used with a pl. verb)

1. An indefinitely small number of persons or things: A few of the books have torn jackets.

2. An exclusive or limited number: the discerning few; the fortunate few.

pron. (used with a pl. verb)

A small number of persons or things: "For many are called, but few are chosen" (Matthew 22:14).

[Middle English fewe, from Old English fawe; see pau-1 in Indo-European roots.]

fewness n.

Usage Note: The traditional rule holds that fewer should be used for things that can be counted (fewer than four players), while less should be used with mass terms for things of measurable extent (less paper; less than a gallon of paint). However, less is used in some constructions where fewer would occur if the traditional rule were being followed. Less than can be used before a plural noun that denotes a measure of time, amount, or distance: less than three weeks; less than $400; less than 50 miles. Less is sometimes used with plural nouns in the expressions no less than (as in No less than 30 of his colleagues signed the letter) and or less (as in Give your reasons in 25 words or less).

a. a small number of; hardly any few men are so cruel

b. (as pronoun; functioning as plural) many are called but few are chosen

2. (preceded by a)

a. a small number of a few drinks

b. (as pronoun; functioning as plural) a few of you

a good few Informal several

a. at great intervals; widely spaced

b. not abundant; scarce

have a few (too many) to consume several (or too many) alcoholic drinks

not or quite a few Informal several

n

the few a small number of people considered as a class the few who fell at Thermopylae Compare many [4]

[Old English fēawa; related to Old High German fao little, Old Norse fār little, silent]

fewness n

So OS lied. The kit should have been released yesterday.

I for one am fuming.

Cortese OUT.

In the context of human history, 'few' is a fluid concept.

Relax, let time wash over you and you'll have time to prep your complaints that:

- The neck is too tight (too tight, or have you just got a fat neck

- That the name printing font should be Bodini 35pt, not 34pt.

- That the badge is too scratchy.

Plenty of time. And for those who thinks Cortese doesn't listen, I firmly believe the 'no sponsor' decision was driven by the complaints that the sponsor logo was falling off after 3 washes at 4000 degrees centigrade.

The Football League annual meeting is in Malta 6th to 8th June.

Cortese will have gone and he won't be back in England until Tuesday at the earliest. He may want to be present for any unveiling of kit especially if combined with a player signing.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/latestnews/20100603/malta-partnership-announced_2245681_2063057

Cortese will have gone and he won't be back in England until Tuesday at the earliest. He may want to be present for any unveiling of kit especially if combined with a player signing.

http://www.football-league.co.uk/latestnews/20100603/malta-partnership-announced_2245681_2063057

Why? I should think he's already seen it. I would imagine the pictures they're gonna put on the OS were taken a while ago.

The kit is coming Monday afternoon/Tuesday morning apparently.

Based on England's kit in the Tailored by Umbro range.

Most likely the sash judging by that ^

From what I hear its definately the sash design. Like the umbro tailored for england shirt (before the current one) so with the old style collar. Although I only heard this from someone who knows someone at the club so take it or leave it as useful or not!! :-D Sounds good to me though if it's true!

From what I hear its definately the sash design. Like the umbro tailored for england shirt (before the current one) so with the old style collar. Although I only heard this from someone who knows someone at the club so take it or leave it as useful or not!! :-D Sounds good to me though if it's true!

Now would we want to stay with the sash design after this coming season or go back to stripes? i'd be quite happy to stay with the sash personally.

Now would we want to stay with the sash design after this coming season or go back to stripes? i'd be quite happy to stay with the sash personally.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... Saints = stripes. I just can't get enthusiastic about this sash kit idea. I realise the Sash design was Saints first kit but it just doesn't say Southampton football club to me. If we have to go down this root for a one off shirt this season in honour of our 125th year then at the least I hope we return to stripes the following season.

If the Sash design has been chosen and its anything like any of the fan designs on here I would be disappointed. I am aware most on here like the idea now but for me there just isn't enough Red to go with the white. I hope the final design ends up being a pleasant surprise but right now I am just not feeling the Sash design not sure I ever will.

I suppose the main thing is most of the fan base like it and most importantly the players enjoy wearing the final design.

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..... Saints = stripes. I just can't get enthusiastic about this sash kit idea. I realise the Sash design was Saints first kit but it just doesn't say Southampton football club to me. If we have to go down this root for a one off shirt this season in honour of our 125th year then at the least I hope we return to stripes the following season.

If the Sash design has been chosen and its anything like any of the fan designs on here I would be disappointed. I am aware most on here like the idea now but for me there just isn't enough Red to go with the white. I hope the final design ends up being a pleasant surprise but right now I am just not feeling the Sash design not sure I ever will.

I suppose the main thing is most of the fan base like it and most importantly the players enjoy wearing the final design.

What colour shorts do you want?

For over 50% of the last 125 years, Saints didn't wear black shorts.

What colour socks do you want?

There has been no style of sock dominent in Saints history, they have had blue, black, white, red, red and white.

If the Sash design has been chosen and its anything like any of the fan designs on here I would be disappointed. I am aware most on here like the idea now but for me there just isn't enough Red to go with the white.

Anything that stops our idiotic supporters singing "Red Army" or "Alan Pardew's Red Army" is fine by me. If anyone asked you what colour Saints played in, you wouldn't say 'Red', You'd say 'Red & White': so why people think it's ok to sing Red Army, as if we were United or Liverpool, is beyond me. There's probably more white in our current kit than red, but yet they don't sing 'White Army'. Idiots.

Sash Army.

I'm sure Cortese will be insistent on standing over the designers shoulder as he uploads the story yes :roll:

What colour shorts do you want?

For over 50% of the last 125 years, Saints didn't wear black shorts.

What colour socks do you want?

There has been no style of sock dominent in Saints history, they have had blue, black, white, red, red and white.

Irrelevant... he was talking about the shirt!

Edited by SaintNeil90
poor poor spelling

Anything that stops our idiotic supporters singing "Red Army" or "Alan Pardew's Red Army" is fine by me. If anyone asked you what colour Saints played in, you wouldn't say 'Red', You'd say 'Red & White': so why people think it's ok to sing Red Army, as if we were United or Liverpool, is beyond me. There's probably more white in our current kit than red, but yet they don't sing 'White Army'. Idiots.

Sash Army.

Sash army is even worse mate you 'idiot'.

Sash army is even worse mate you 'idiot'.

sarcasm |ˈsärˌkazəm|

noun

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt : his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment. See note at wit .

ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: from French sarcasme, or via late Latin from late Greek sarkasmos, from Greek sarkazein ‘tear flesh,’ in late Greek ‘gnash the teeth, speak bitterly’ (from sarx, sark- ‘flesh’ ).

sarcasm |ˈsärˌkazəm|

noun

the use of irony to mock or convey contempt : his voice, hardened by sarcasm, could not hide his resentment. See note at wit .

ORIGIN mid 16th cent.: from French sarcasme, or via late Latin from late Greek sarkasmos, from Greek sarkazein ‘tear flesh,’ in late Greek ‘gnash the teeth, speak bitterly’ (from sarx, sark- ‘flesh’ ).

In which case it wasn't very good

Interestingly the n.ireland umbro kit has come out and i'd be willing to bet that ours will be the same as that with red and white replacing the two tone green. If anyone goes to the club shop and see's the little kids shirts you'll get some idea, even maybe identical!

Interestingly the n.ireland umbro kit has come out and i'd be willing to bet that ours will be the same as that with red and white replacing the two tone green. If anyone goes to the club shop and see's the little kids shirts you'll get some idea, even maybe identical!

ireland-10-12-umbro-home-kit.jpg

May go against the 'Sash' concept, but it would be extremely smart.

sarcasm |ˈsärˌkazəm|

noun

Woah woah chaps, let's not ridicule the 'sash army' idea just yet. Let it breath for a while and have another go.

If it helps, I could present it in handy (and FREE!) installments so it's less offensive?

'S...' etc.

sarcasm |ˈsärˌkazəm|

noun

Looking forward to the 3rd post of the day .. or are you saving it for the "Missing Posters" fred on Lounge or Muppet site ;)