New Kit 2010/2011 - It's coming soon

Dr Who?

Of course, the fact that I'm not holding out any hope for the latter in the face of Cortese's total intransigence on every other matter so far is the crux of the problem.

How can they have mismanaged so badly that an anniversary season of celebration in which we're expected to challenge for promotion is already turning into a farce ?

There's a red nose on the badly redesigned badge, a large chunk of the fanbase are unable to afford to pay to renew STs due to ridiculously short notice, no instalment plan and no communication from the club. We managed not to have match programmes for the last game of last season, there's a booking fee on ticket purchases with the pay on the day surcharge being lower than the pay early one, and all of it has been met by resounding silence from the club to an increasingly disillusioned fanbase. Without regular wins to distract us from what's happening with the club itself, it looks pretty poor.

Other than Cortese's nice PR piece, has there been a single decision made since the JPT on the non-playing side that hasn't been a complete and utter ar5e-up ?

Spot on summary of the last couple of months. It's not even the decisions themselves that are the problem, but the terrible way they have been communicated to the fans.

No, but I can afford £277 to renew in the family stand.

So you might be forgiven for not understanding how annoying it is for the club to withdraw a facility they've always previously provided at St Mary's with 30 minutes' notice, leaving a significant number of people having to make alternative arrangements in order to continue to give their money to the club then ?

i do ;) lol

Long and short of it is that I've got savings too, but it's going to get spent on one-off "life" stuff that's due by July, along with some other unavoidable expenditure due to my house sale falling through, before Saints have a chance of getting hold of £328 of it.

And I already have a 0% credit card.

As for finding £80 for two new kits... :o

Edited by The9

Any news on keepers kit?

It will be a colour with an Umbro logo and Saints 125 Anniversary badge on it, and a tailored By Umbro label in it.

All joking aside, most likely it'll be very plain with a round neck and white cuffs, possibly with extremely strange elasticated elbow-bits, like the England keepers' shirts and the current Umbro England compression gear.

I don't like to think it yet alone say it but if Mr Lowe had been responsible for half the **** ups in the last month then there would have been fans on the streets.

Ok the club have decided an installment plan is too expensive, they have had all season to make this decision why only announce it now after every other club in the country has had tickets on sale for months? Surely we could have announced it earlier so poeple could plan ahead, sucked up the cost for a last season of the installment plan or asked people to pay an extra 10% for the installment option?

The match day pricing structure is odd and confusing once you put the booking charge in place and for the small sums of money involved just seems designed to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

The badge is a joke on a par with the statue fiasco, it looks sub primary school standard and even if it was designed for free by one of the tea ladies it should have been rejected.

I'm now expecting the aniversary kit to be a joke and the Ted Bates trohpy to be contested against the reserves. I'm begining to get the feeling our club is back in trouble and I don't like it.

I don't like to think it yet alone say it but if Mr Lowe had been responsible for half the **** ups in the last month then there would have been fans on the streets.

Ok the club have decided an installment plan is too expensive, they have had all season to make this decision why only announce it now after every other club in the country has had tickets on sale for months? Surely we could have announced it earlier so poeple could plan ahead, sucked up the cost for a last season of the installment plan or asked people to pay an extra 10% for the installment option?

The match day pricing structure is odd and confusing once you put the booking charge in place and for the small sums of money involved just seems designed to leave a bad taste in the mouth.

The badge is a joke on a par with the statue fiasco, it looks sub primary school standard and even if it was designed for free by one of the tea ladies it should have been rejected.

I'm now expecting the aniversary kit to be a joke and the Ted Bates trohpy to be contested against the reserves. I'm begining to get the feeling our club is back in trouble and I don't like it.

As much as I see what point your making regarding the badge and strange ticketing news, I still can't help but LOL at your post!

Back in trouble? What a short memory! These troubles are NOTHING compared to the rubbish we've been dealt in the last few years.

Anyone expecting the new regime to be perfect is naive, anyone who sees problems as the beginning of the end even more so. You will never have a club that you agree with every aspect of, unless you buy your own, so stop worrying about things that really don't matter.

Back in trouble? What a short memory! These troubles are NOTHING compared to the rubbish we've been dealt in the last few years.

Anyone expecting the new regime to be perfect is naive, anyone who sees problems as the beginning of the end even more so. You will never have a club that you agree with every aspect of, unless you buy your own, so stop worrying about things that really don't matter.

I wasn't bothered when it was just one thing but the list seems to be getting longer, what was the last thing we heard from on high that wasn't a PR screw up? It all starts somewhere and while I agree we were much worse off this time last year it still worries me that the new man doesn't seem to care what people think of him or his decisions which reminds me far to much of the last chairman for comfort!

Let's hope that if it's a sash kit it's available in both left and right shoulder versions, just as in 1885.

it was just dependent on what shoulder the individual player decided to drape the sash over, i believe.

Of the other kits featured in that video the only one that would make sense is the sash one. The rest would seem to be really random if used to commemorate 125 years.

Having said that I wouldn't mind the 92-95 one.

I would actually find it very funny if they used the last kit in the video as the anniversary kit though :)

92-95? That period had 2 kits - the Admiral one and the Dimplex Pony one. Both these kits were gash.

I am guessing you are a pessimist! :rolleyes:

Long and short of it is that I've got savings too, but it's going to get spent on one-off "life" stuff that's due by July, along with some other unavoidable expenditure due to my house sale falling through, before Saints have a chance of getting hold of £328 of it.

And I already have a 0% credit card.

As for finding £80 for two new kits... :o

:cool:

Edited by prideofthesouth

Do you not know anyone in Southampton that can buy tickets for you?

Yes, but it's a hassle. I ring up the club, give them the card details, and have them posted to the door. I'm not going to change how I buy tickets but the club can wave good bye to the £40 I was going to spend on the new shirt and they can wave goodbye to any other money i'd have spent in the club shop, and they can wave good bye to me buying a programme. You're probably only talking £100 a season in extra's tops, but that saving will pay for the ticket tax. Also I'll do less home games because I no longer feel behind the new owners and therefore the good will and loyalty has gone.

Yes, but it's a hassle. I ring up the club, give them the card details, and have them posted to the door. I'm not going to change how I buy tickets but the club can wave good bye to the £40 I was going to spend on the new shirt and they can wave goodbye to any other money i'd have spent in the club shop, and they can wave good bye to me buying a programme. You're probably only talking £100 a season in extra's tops, but that saving will pay for the ticket tax. Also I'll do less home games because I no longer feel behind the new owners and therefore the good will and loyalty has gone.

Are you throwing a tantrum! :rolleyes:

Not sure we are "in trouble"

But something is starting to NOT add up here ..

I have no idea what it is but a few things seem odd, the fact the people & team that usually sort all this ticket business out are as in the dark as us worry's me.

Not sure we are "in trouble"

But something is starting to NOT add up here ..

I have no idea what it is but a few things seem odd, the fact the people & team that usually sort all this ticket business out are as in the dark as us worry's me.

I think you need to get out more!

Good Riddance

Never has so much rubbish been spouted by so many people over so little. Hopefully we will start to have some real news to argue over.

By the way I agree that STs should continue to available under instalments for those fans who cannot afford one otherwise and I will be writing to Mr Luker privately along those lines. However even though I do not need to use it I do not see it as a reason to anyone to abandon SFC as there are other avenues of payment.

So you might be forgiven for not understanding how annoying it is for the club to withdraw a facility they've always previously provided at St Mary's with 30 minutes' notice, leaving a significant number of people having to make alternative arrangements in order to continue to give their money to the club then ?

Stop moaning!

You don't give the club your money for nothing. In return you get the same seat in your preferred location for every league game at SMS (at a discounted price)

Does your local cinema give you a payment plan?

Yes I am. But i'll make sure I cut back on spending on superfluous extras to recoup the cost of the stealth tax on tickets.

Perhaps if you had cut back on other SUPERFLUOUS EXTRAS in your life you would have enough money to buy your season ticket!

Oh go on, now tell me you are living on the breadline and don't waste money on anything else! :rolleyes:

Stop moaning!

You don't give the club your money for nothing. In return you get the same seat in your preferred location for every league game at SMS (at a discounted price)

For a cineworld pass its a monthly fee so I would say Yes

Stop moaning!

actually yes they do now you can pay 16 a month here & can go as often as you like!! so umm in answer to your question Yes!

I don't care what the shirt is as long as it's red and white stripes and black shorts.

Why black shorts? In the 65 years between 1885 and 1950 the club didn't have black shorts. That is over 50% of the clubs existence without black shorts!!!

What colour socks do you want"? Saints socks have been blue, black, white, red, red & white, with no one style dominating the rest in terms of frequency.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Why black shorts? In the 65 years between 1885 and 1950 the club didn't have black shorts. That is over 50% of the clubs existence without black shorts!!!

What colour socks do you want"? Saints socks have been blue, black, white, red, red & white, white with no one style dominating the rest in terms of frequency.

I am really hoping for a sash shirt, mainly to enjoy just how angry it will make docker-p!

I am really hoping for a sash shirt, mainly to enjoy just how angry it will make docker-p!

I too want a sash kit - this kit is a celebration/anniversary kit and should not just be the same as kits we’ve had the last few years.

The sash kits mocked up on here look great imo

I would agree - best way to launch a new kit would be to have a new player with it. Maybe 2 new signings? One with the home, one away?

why not go the whole way?

3 new signings - 1 in home kit, 1 in the away and 1 in the new training gear.

sorted ;)

I predict once the Daily Echo has printed it's first edition for the morning so they have to wait 24 hours before they can publish it.

So another 10.30- 11-00pm jobby.

I did wonder if the season tickets were announced on the OS at 11pm for that reason. :D

Stop moaning!

Used to, yeah. Cineworld Unlimited card. It was £10 a month to go as often as I liked back in 2000-ish. Decent value, affordable, I didn't have a bunch of unavoidable financial commitments and there wasn't a recession on.

It was a good idea when my local cinema was a top-level 13-screener, but I don't go any more. Southampton's Cineworld is not the highest standard and has only 4 screens - meaning my chances of seeing lots of good, high quality stuff for my up front payment is limited by the likelihood of those films appearing. You might get the odd blockbuster but mostly it'll be average fare.

Also, there are cheaper ways of watching films nowadays which don't involve being exploited by cinemas on a film-by-film basis, with all their daft booking fees and exploitative pricing schemes.

There is a possibility that we may have to wait longer than we are all thinking. If you look at the online store you will notice that the 50% offer on keepers kits, away kit expires on 12th June. In fact all 50% off's bar the home kit finish on 12th June with the home kit finishing on 30th June.

Now I am not saying that this is a dead cert, but could these dates be closer to the release date of the home kit? Whilst the article on the OS says it would be released in the next few days could something (such as many have suggested a big name signing) be delaying things until next week at the earliest?

Hmmmmmmm

(FWIW I would expect it this week but if it turns up next week then I definatly said it would be next week. Or the week after)

On the ST issue I feel that Nicola has displayed a typical banker's approach.

If you have the money, then come on in and give it to us NOW.

If you are less fortunate or not quite so good at budgetting then (rubs hands together) we have you by the balls. It's as if he has decided that a large section of his customer base is not credit worthy, amd hence shall be fleeced.

Unfortunately as fans we can't simply choose another club but he may be relying a little too heavily on people's loyalties with this one I fear.

Nicola, we are not CUSTOMERS, we are FANS, you need to learn the differences and you need to learn them quickly.

Note

I am not and have never been a ST holder, however soe of my best friends are.

On the shirt issue, I am sure i'm not alone in having wanted to show off my new shirt on holiday. Ironically some people will have already spent their ST and shirt fund on their holidays already.

WShen is the Solent Fans Forum anyway?

Edited by hamster

There is a possibility that we may have to wait longer than we are all thinking. If you look at the online store you will notice that the 50% offer on keepers kits, away kit expires on 12th June. In fact all 50% off's bar the home kit finish on 12th June with the home kit finishing on 30th June.

Now I am not saying that this is a dead cert, but could these dates be closer to the release date of the home kit? Whilst the article on the OS says it would be released in the next few days could something (such as many have suggested a big name signing) be delaying things until next week at the earliest?

Hmmmmmmm

(FWIW I would expect it this week but if it turns up next week then I definatly said it would be next week. Or the week after)

The Saints OS said yesterday...

The 2010/11 strip will celebrate the Club's 125th Anniversary and will be announced in the next few days

Interestingly the 50% off deals were originally scheduled to expire on May 30th, that's changed in the last two weeks (presumably in response to May 30th passing).

All that tells me is that the person in charge of the kit launch date isn't telling the online reduction monkey anything useful.

What. A. Surprise.

Interestingly the 50% off deals were originally scheduled to expire on May 30th, that's changed in the last two weeks (presumably in response to May 30th passing).

All that tells me is that the person in charge of the kit launch date isn't telling the online reduction monkey anything useful.

What. A. Surprise.

I'd expect them to continue extending the date until they've sold out.