What do you want to happen to P*mpey?

StuRomseySaint

I don't want them to die, i don't want any real fans clubs to die.

What i want for them is the action that they deserve and have dodged at every turn to be taken against them.

Let's not sugar coat it, they cheated, they are continuing to cheat.

They bought players with borrowed money that they had no intention of paying back, they loaned in players with no intention of paying their wages on time. They argued their finances were sound and they should have their transfer embargo lifted only to find a few months later they are £120m in debt. They lied to Vantis about their finances claiming the debt they owed was just 40% of the current total. They have sold countless players for vast sums of money which has vanished without trace. They have criminals running the club with connections to as dodgy as dodgy people get.

You could write for days about the things they have done wrong.

But they have yet to have any punishment handed to them. They are in admin but yet their admin is different to everyone elses. They are being bank rolled by an owner who got owenership of the club by a default on a loan. The actual administrator has history with those involved and is seen as a shift character etc etc

The only punishment they have had is the -9 which means nothing to club that was always going to get relegated. Even with fielding all those players that shouldn't be there they were miles away from staying up.

So i don't want to see them die, i just want justice to happen to them. Clubs like Luton for example have done nothing as bad as Pompey have and they got the book thrown at them. If they come out of admin on the 6th of may with nothing else happening to them then it is a total scandal. They deserve at least another -15/-25 next season and deserve a similar ban on them like Bournemouth have in terms of signing players.

I also completely agree with this post. I have absolutely nothing against Pompey fans, and I don't share in the stupid heightened rivalry. Their's is just another FC 22 miles down the road, as far as I'm concerned. But what does appall me is the way that PFC have got away with it. They will go into the Championship next season, quietly sweeping everything under the media carpet, owing £120M to various people, who'll never see more than a percentage of that money again, if ever. There are clubs who have managed their finances a damn sight better than PFC has, and they have behaved fairly and responsibly, while trying to survive, and yet have had various points deductions thrown at them. Yes, I'm thinking of Bournemouth AFC too. Bear in mind, that as Portsmouth FC sink into the Championship, incredibly to start on level terms with other clubs there, that they still have a lucrative FA Cup Final day to go, with an almost certain [unless someone in the footballing authority acts] European place awarded to them, whilst they have won matches that mattered under false pretences.

I can't help but think letting them linger on, stinking the world out would only serve their already ingrained 'poor little us, we're being punished' attitude.

Close the f()ckers down, its annoying enough now and we've only had a few months of it. 2, 3 years of this continuous misguided whining about injustice and 'fair play' could get very nauseating, let alone 10-15 years...

I disagree entirely.

I think that if the current club was punished by dropping them into the lower levels of football, they would harbour a grudge much greater than anything any of us could imagine. They already gripe about the fairness of their points deduction and relegation, even though the facts show that they could get the 9 points back with another 9 points as BONUS for being such good ambassadors for the game and still go down. If they dropped a couple of leagues without having suffered the actual relegations, that would only foster the culture of "poor us" at Fratton Park.

I would like to see the full details of their sordid club exposed, complete with a heavy points penalty for next season and the extraction of those ill-gotten parachute payments to settle at least a portion of their debts. Then they can appoint a cheap manager, play a youth team (just as we did) and see if it's as easy to hold off relegation when you aren't playing a team of mercenaries who are up for a cup final.

I want them to hawk that "bestest fans in the world" mentality around the Championship and L1 to see how it plays when the rest of football isn't that bothered about them any more. After all, we've seen first hand that the media only play the "plucky little club" story while you're winning. When you're down, they more than anyone else know you are just another "little club". In fact, you're actually smaller than the rest, because you're a club in demise.

After they've learnt that lesson again, I'd like to see them fight to get back into the Championship by fair means. Then the "debt" will be paid.

For those who think no PFC means happy times, just remember that the hatred is just as likely to come out in other ways. You won't be seeing red and white shirts down that end of the M27 in our generation or the next. Nor would you see blue shirts up here.

Edited by Torrent Of Abuse
Spelling