Jans Verdict

Mr X

Yeah, I agree.

I'd be interested to know how confident he is dealing with the board though.

Does he have the balls or power to say to RL "we need to drop kids like James and Gillett because they aren't good enough for this league"

And I'm also interested to know if he is being stopped from playing certain players due to their appearance fees

JP's inexperience is really starting to shine through now and he could be in danger of losing the dressing room. What is needed is a forceful personality, a leader if you will, for the kids to look up to and follow. Maybe the rumours of Rupert's pre-match dressing room visits are not so far wide of the mark after all.

Yeah, I agree.

I'd be interested to know how confident he is dealing with the board though.

Does he have the balls or power to say to RL "we need to drop kids like James and Gillett because they aren't good enough for this league"

And I'm also interested to know if he is being stopped from playing certain players due to their appearance fees

It seems a certainty, why else would he not pick are better players :confused:

Agreed totally. As posted on another thread:

Is it just me, or does JP's post-match OS report show the first signs of despair, desperation and disillusionment?

The last sentence in particular says it all. He came, full of confidence, backed by Lowe, sure that his radical ideas would work. But they are not working and it's clear he doesn't know what to do now except say it's got to be better. My guess is the team are losing faith rapidly and we're now on a fatal downward slide.

I hope he can pick things up for Saturday, but I really doubt it. Donny are a physical team, but skillful too, and they play with the passion that comes from being proud of having got to the CCC.

okay very marginaly better players like skacel and dare I say it Euell

Nothing marginal about it.

Skacel is a better left-back than Mills or Surman and whilst Holmes is injured, he's potentially our best option at left-wing.

Euell improved greatly towards the end of last season and I would like to see him back in the team

Sounds like he's resigned to the fact we are not good enough for this league allready

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/articles/article.php?page_id=10642

thoughts? :confused:

The article is written in a very strange way. Why is the official site putting things like:

"I think it's very disappointing," Poortvliet sighed.

'Poortvliet sighed'????? What is this, a creative writing course?

Churchill springs to mind or am I thinking Napoleon.

The Good Luck message comes at the end of a 20 minute team talk does it not?

You'd love it to be the case, in fact he may install more belief than the manager but he goes and wishes the team luck.In our crazy world where the fans want to beleive that RL does such things there is no stopping people wishing to believe it.He is away and so couldnt have done it last night.

You'd love it to be the case, in fact he may install more belief than the manager but he goes and wishes the team luck.In our crazy world where the fans want to beleive that RL does such things there is no stopping people wishing to believe it.He is away and so couldnt have done it last night.

As I said, when he does do it, when not on scouting missions he reminds everyone of That French leader just before another defeat.

No I would not love any of this to be true but I am a great believer in leaving the changing room before games to the football men or in our case allow the coach to mention the Directors best wishes if need be. In any case you have it totally wrong as it should be The Football Chairman if you insist on a Director interfering in the changing room and not all the odds and sods from the Directors box. Why does Lowe go in there at all?

The coaching staff and particularly the players do not need a circus just before a game. As I have said before some people just can't let go of the toy they think the own.

As I said, when he does do it, when not on scouting missions he reminds everyone of That French leader just before another defeat.

No I would not love any of this to be true but I am a great believer in leaving the changing room before games to the football men or in our case allow the coach to mention the Directors best wishes if need be. In any case you have it totally wrong as it should be The Football Chairman if you insist on a Director interfering in the changing room and not all the odds and sods from the Directors box. Why does Lowe go in there at all?

The coaching staff and particularly the players do not need a circus just before a game. As I have said before some people just can't let go of the toy they think the own.

I think you will find itvis not only our club that a director or chairman goes in to wish players luck.

I think you will find itvis not only our club that a director or chairman goes in to wish players luck.

Football Chairman, yes maybe, but personally not required at all, as in my opinion its a show of who is in charge.

The fellow Directors should now realise urgent change now not in Nov/Dec when it is too late. Re-appoint someone else to change things now. It just is not working.

Football Chairman, yes maybe, but personally not required at all, as in my opinion its a show of who is in charge.

The fellow Directors should now realise urgent change now not in Nov/Dec when it is too late. Re-appoint someone else to change things now. It just is not working.

No showing support for the team.

Does anybody think that it helps in any way if he does?

well perhaps not everybody thinks he's no good. He knows all the players and must speak to them when he talks about contracts and the club signs them. I recall seeing him taking Morgan around the facilities so he could introduce him to the squad.

They see him from a different angle I suspect and are not so bound up with predudices.

What, has he got a suspected broken fingernail or something?

Don't you at least suspect that any player who'd get appearance fee money will be suffereing from perpetual injuries as doagnosed by Dr. Lowe?

Seriuos shoul.der injury I think. Thomas has a long term knee injury I think you will find

It's sounding more and more like Jan would have been the ideal choice to replace Georges Prost in the system set up.. I still believe he has what it takes and like to think he's using these early games to test out formations and will go on to win in the long run. His comments about the other teams in the past not doing well in the opening 10 games but later gaining promotion lead me to think this. After all, look at Sunderland 3 seasons back, or Crystal Palace who were bottom at Christmas and went on to get promoted.

He's still experimenting and I'd convinced he's got one or two aces up his sleeve in the form of the senior players he's not used. We can but hope. Very little choice in the matter. It's swim or sink like a stone.

well perhaps not everybody thinks he's no good. He knows all the players and must speak to them when he talks about contracts and the club signs them. I recall seeing him taking Morgan around the facilities so he could introduce him to the squad.

They see him from a different angle I suspect and are not so bound up with predudices.

Nick you appear to be saying that Lowey is Mr Football here or even Mr Southampton. This is not the behaviour of a Managing Director/Chairman of a big club/Business. Why would he do contracts? Normally The Football Chairman would deal with football side of business,contracts etc and why the hell would he be showing Spiderman around ground and introducing him to squad, again, Football Chairman or Wotte or JP or the man who wil not let go of the toy. Not prejudice purely puzzlement re the behaviour of a man who appears in my eyes to be a dictator and a control freak. No wonder JP is scared to blow his nose without permission. Wildey just a figure head and Wotte not good enough to be Director of Football..Another wasted wage down the drain.. You seem to suggest you know so much and if you do good luck but your protection of Lowey even on reasonable queries is very strange

and not my business what your agenda is but does not lead to level discussion by supporters re some of the unusual goings on by a Director with so little ownership of a share of ownership of the company.

What, has he got a suspected broken fingernail or something?

Don't you at least suspect that any player who'd get appearance fee money will be suffereing from perpetual injuries as doagnosed by Dr. Lowe?

Yes Jason Euell faked a dislocated shoulder...it's very easy to do...you just sit on your arm for a few minutes until it goes dead then swing it around a bit...

Lowe being the evil genius that he is taught him this technique...

The chairman should never dabble in the detail. Having chosen a manager and appointed him then he should leave him to manage and not meddle in the details. The captain of a ship should be in his chair on the bridge, always available, and not rushing around trying to do other people's jobs for them. Think John-Luc Picard saying 'make it so'

Nick you appear to be saying that Lowey is Mr Football here or even Mr Southampton. This is not the behaviour of a Managing Director/Chairman of a big club/Business. Why would he do contracts? Normally The Football Chairman would deal with football side of business,contracts etc and why the hell would he be showing Spiderman around ground and introducing him to squad, again, Football Chairman or Wotte or JP or the man who wil not let go of the toy. Not prejudice purely puzzlement re the behaviour of a man who appears in my eyes to be a dictator and a control freak. No wonder JP is scared to blow his nose without permission. Wildey just a figure head and Wotte not good enough to be Director of Football..Another wasted wage down the drain.. You seem to suggest you know so much and if you do good luck but your protection of Lowey even on reasonable queries is very strange

and not my business what your agenda is but does not lead to level discussion by supporters re some of the unusual goings on by a Director with so little ownership of a share of ownership of the company.

I dont know who does the contracts, but my point was that RL is not necessarily seen as an ogre by players who have had contact with him when joining the club.You just wish to see any involvement by him as a negative. The players dont blame him for our demise or relegation as they werent here and so they see him through different eyes than your bigoted ones. They also wouldnt expect him to give team talks but no doubt apreciate that he takes time from a cosy boardroom to come and wish them luck.I suspect he's more normal than some of them ore moronic fans they have ot put up with.

Yes Jason Euell faked a dislocated shoulder...it's very easy to do...you just sit on your arm for a few minutes until it goes dead then swing it around a bit...

Lowe being the evil genius that he is taught him this technique...

I was there when he did it and believe me it looked bad as soon as he went down! There was no way he would fake that injury ....unless he is a contortionist!

Its a shame as he was playing really well and the kids seem to like him and respect him and I believe exactly what we need at the moment.

Whether he will rush back having been told him and Thomas were surplus to requirements..who knows maybe he will be a model professional and will but its hardly a motivating thing is it and until January he can still pick up his wages on the sick.

Bigoted...Negative...Moronic...Hissy fits.. you are really dishing it out to-day.

You still do not mention all the strange behaviour pattern of Lowey.

I do not know the man but what I have seen myself and heard even from you he is not the man I would want running my business or my football club. That is my opinion and my posts are my observations and if you want to call names when it suits you that is your perogative. I have never stated he was an ogre that is your own observation and I would suggest you look at the post past and present which will show you quite clearly in my opinion every chance was given to him and his staff of coaches but in my eyes he has failed and I believe another should take the chair and attempt to sort it out.

Nick please don't have a hissy fit we are all supporters of the team and the club. Put up with us you sound just like Lowey AND HIS MOB.

I was there when he did it and believe me it looked bad as soon as he went down! There was no way he would fake that injury ....unless he is a contortionist!

Its a shame as he was playing really well and the kids seem to like him and respect him and I believe exactly what we need at the moment.

Whether he will rush back having been told him and Thomas were surplus to requirements..who knows maybe he will be a model professional and will but its hardly a motivating thing is it and until January he can still pick up his wages on the sick.

I don't doubt it for a second...mate of mine dislocated his elbow last year...not nice...

Bigoted...Negative...Moronic...Hissy fits.. you are really dishing it out to-day.

You still do not mention all the strange behaviour pattern of Lowey.

I do not know the man but what I have seen myself and heard even from you he is not the man I would want running my business or my football club. That is my opinion and my posts are my observations and if you want to call names when it suits you that is your perogative. I have never stated he was an ogre that is your own observation and I would suggest you look at the post past and present which will show you quite clearly in my opinion every chance was given to him and his staff of coaches but in my eyes he has failed and I believe another should take the chair and attempt to sort it out.

Nick please don't have a hissy fit we are all supporters of the team and the club. Put up with us you sound just like Lowey AND HIS MOB.

OSM I dont think those comments were aimed at any one person/poster but a general statement.In fact i dont recall you ever having a hissy fit on here in fact this post is the closest to one by you.

Bigoted views maybe would be fair, but that is my opinion only.

I have never said he is not the person I would wish to run the club, there are many better but he is not the worst choice of what went before, again IMO.

OSM I dont think those comments were aimed at any one person/poster but a general statement.In fact i dont recall you ever having a hissy fit on here in fact this post is the closest to one by you.

Bigoted views maybe would be fair, but that is my opinion only.

I have never said he is not the person I would wish to run the club, there are many better but he is not the worst choice of what went before, again IMO.

OK Mate, Lets get back to Saints and some major improvements and some wins before its too late. Be more gentle in future.

His comments about the other teams in the past not doing well in the opening 10 games but later gaining promotion lead me to think this. After all, look at Sunderland 3 seasons back, or Crystal Palace who were bottom at Christmas and went on to get promoted.

I wonder if Jan realises that both Palace and Sunderland had a change of manager before they had a change of fortune...