2nd Debate Thread

dune

Score draw between Clegg and Cameron but Brown wasn't far behind.

My missus said that Cameron looked like he was trying to hard.

View from the Top, score draw or not I think the whole debate thing actually is unhealthy. I hate this X factor politics. Whatever your politics its unfair to Brown and that is not good from for democracy even if we listen to Clegg when many of us would not normally.

View from the Top, score draw or not I think the whole debate thing actually is unhealthy. I hate this X factor politics. Whatever your politics its unfair to Brown and that is not good from for democracy even if we listen to Clegg when many of us would not normally.

You'll get no argument from me on that but the "Heat" generation and the generally thick as s**t British public will choose their PM, if they can be arsed to vote, based on performance and if they seem nice and not policies.

Forgive me if I make up my own mind and await all of the polls.

He's not going to do enough to get a majority and he knows it and it shows.

Be fair, it's becoming rather clear that this may be the case regardless of whoever wins the 'race.'

Be fair, it's becoming rather clear that this may be the case regardless of whoever wins the 'race.'

Go back 6 week, 4 weeks even and most people, myself included, would have said a Tory government was nailed on.

If they don't do it now they've only themselves to blame, or, if you like, their pathetically weak front bench combined with duck houses and moats.

The don't look like "change" and that's a problem for them.

Nick Clegg annoyed me over the immigration debate

He was being quite confrontational to Cameron & Brown on their policies - this was a desperate attempt to cover his own dreadful policy of just leaving the gates open

How is attempting to get skilled immigrant workers to the areas that need it 'leaving the gates open'? The amnesty is at least admitting there has been some problem with immigration in recent years; the fault of Labour. The Tories general isolated stance towards immigration and Europe is both laughable and ridiculous.

I thought Brown did quite well... had DC on the ropes about eye tests and other benefits for the elderly.

How can Cameron clarifying something as soon as he was asked be classed as "on the ropes".

That's the sort of sweeping alarmist statement that people accuse the Daily Mail of making....

A resounding win for Cameron on Policy because there's a clear dividing line between being soft on immigration with the Liberals and Labour, and getting the problem fixed under the Conservatives. As much as those on the left don't think this is an issue it is an issue and the public have now seen that only the Conservatives will deal with it.

Brown again performed badly and that insipd smile he kept pulling as no doubt instruted by Peter Mandeson was comedy gold. He was smiling at all the wrong times -what a fake!

As to Clegg he put on a good show but his plan of making Britain defenseless in terms of our nuclear arsenal is bonkers. Iran is looking to go nuclear, N Korea already has them - we can't afford to turn Britain into such a puny nation in terms of millitary influence. Then there was Cleggs idea for poxy little windmills and solar panels as an alternative to Nuclear power - sheer madness - left to the Liberals power cuts would be the norm. On the Liberals wacky immigration propsal I loved how Cameron questioned his idea to limit migrants to working in a town or area of the Liberls choosing "are you going to turn the M5 into a border crosing?" or words to that effect. The Liberals really haven't thought any of their ideas through for the simple reason that their ides are the ideas of a party that has never had to be realistic and put forward ideas that make sense in the real world. As to the amnesty on illegal immigrants it's like I said the other day - give in to hostage takers and pay the randsom and you get more kidnappings, it' the same with the amnesty on illegal immigrants in that the Liberals policy will encourage more to come.

There is now a clear dividing line between a strong Conservative government that will start on the economy straight away and reduce Browns giant credit card, and a squabbling Lib_Lab alliance, soft mmgration, indecisive on the economy, that will see the country go down the pan.

This debate will go down as a defining moment because the Tory swing voters will now see that the Liberals and Labour are completely not what they believe in, however the Labour left will not return to Brown. There will not be a hung parliament, the Tories will win with a working majority.

Go back 6 week, 4 weeks even and most people, myself included, would have said a Tory government was nailed on.

If they don't do it now they've only themselves to blame, or, if you like, their pathetically weak front bench combined with duck houses and moats.

The don't look like "change" and that's a problem for them.

Well, the combination of a weak up front Tories, Strategically flawed yet lively Lib Dems and Tiring and idiotically stubborn Labour means you have a rather poor line up all in.

Yet, Because in terms of policy I agree with the Tories over the Lib Dems and Labour I will prefer to vote for them, however, as I live in an area where people would rather murder family members then vote blue, then I may end up voting Lib dem as a protest.

A resounding win for Cameron on Policy because there's a clear dividing line between being soft on immigration with the Liberals and Labour, and getting the problem fixed under the Conservatives. As much as those on the left don't think this is an issue it is an issue and the public have now seen that only the Conservatives will deal with it.

Brown again performed badly and that insipd smile he kept pulling as no doubt instruted by Peter Mandeson was comedy gold. He was smiling at all the wrong times -what a fake!

As to Clegg he put on a good show but his plan of making Britain defenseless in terms of our nuclear arsenal is bonkers. Iran is looking to go nuclear, N Korea already has them - we can't afford to turn Britain into such a puny nation in terms of millitary influence. Then here as Cleggs idea for poxy little windmills and solar panels as an alternative to Nuclear power - sheer madness - left to the Liberals power cuts would be the norm. On the Liberals wacky immigration propsal I loved how Cameron questioned his idea to limit migrants to working in a town or area of the Liberls choosing "are you going to turn the M5 into a border crosing?" or words to that effect. The Liberals really haven't thought any of their ideas through for the simple reason that their ides are the ideas of a party that has never had to be realistic and put forward ideas that make sense in the real world. As to the amnesty on illegal immigrants it's like I said the other day - give in to hostage takers and pay the randsom and you get more kidnappings, it' the same with the amnesty on illegal immigrants in that the Liberals policy will encourage more to come.

There is now a clear dividing line between a strong Conservative government that will start on the economy straight away and reduce Browns giant credit card, and a squabbling Lib_Lab alliance, soft mmgration, indecisive on the economy, that will see the country go down the pan.

This debate will go down as a defining moment because the Tory swing voters will now see that the Liberals and Labour are completely not what they believe in, however the Labour left will not return to Brown. There will not be a hung parliament, the Tories will win with a working majority.

Same old Dune. There's more than one person voting in this election, you know!

How is attempting to get skilled immigrant workers to the areas that need it 'leaving the gates open'? The amnesty is at least admitting there has been some problem with immigration in recent years; the fault of Labour. The Tories general isolated stance towards immigration and Europe is both laughable and ridiculous.

Unemployment is at a high mate, I have a good idea let’s give them the training and put them in work.

Actually sod it we can bring in immigrants to do it vote lib dem.

:eek: