Pards' interview

Badger

Which is fine. I'm not questioning the decision at all. But having a sub on/off the pitch for twenty minutes is a conversation point. It just is.

Pardew could have answered it better but he was clearly angry with himself that they didn't do the job so came across a bit arsey. Perfectly understandable.

Anyway, I have contributed enough to this thread.

And it rumbles on...

For what its worth, I agree with CB Fry. Putting on a sub and then taking him off 27 minutes later is certainly worthwhile asking the question to the manager. You don't see it very often in footy and it's a justified question to ask, given that James didn't seem to be injured.

Where I think we've lost it is that a lot of people made a snap judgement about what AP was supposed to have said (and how he said it) without even listening to the interview! Ridiculous. I read all of these posts about how AP was out of the order, then found the link, listened to it and wondered what all the fuss was about. Talk about mountains out of molehills.

When AP was asked about his thinking behind bringing James on and then off, his actual answer was to say the following:

I don't think that's the right question to ask, if I'm honest, because its obvious that we're trying to push for a goal. Lloyd James came on to move the ball for us and then we had to take chances.

So he's already answered the question; there was an accusation from another poster on here that he hadn't even done that, so that's cleared up. In explaining taking james off again, the easy thing for AP to would have been to say "Lloyd had an absolute mare, he was even worse than Paul Wotton in the first half, so it clearly needed changing again, I'm only upset with myself that it took me 27 minutes to figure out". But he didn't, even though it was clear to everyone who saw the game that that was the case; he closed ranks and will obviously have had some harsh words behind closed doors.

I still can't understand the outcry that AP's response received for this; it was a fair question that AP gave a swift but fair answer to. Move on...