Saints Vs Oldham - Post Match Reaction

Ponty

pards is getting a bit of a bashing with the reactions on the radio

Hardly a surprise when we win he's a hero when we lose he's the target for peoples frustration. The people complaining tonight will be the same ones praising him last saturday. Is always the way with football fans.

Hardly a surprise when we win he's a hero when we lose he's the target for peoples frustration. The people complaining tonight will be the same ones praising him last saturday. Is always the way with football fans.

that is how football goes..it has been like that for over 100 years

im surprised people still dont get it

Indeed.

Perish the though that the interviewer infer you lost your head at a critical point of the season...

I don't think it was a mad substitution. Taking off Wotton and putting on a far better passer. Sounds alright to me.

Before you spunk in your pants I expect James got injured, you really are a c8nt.

If it was that simple an explanation why did Pardew not just say that rather than lay into the interviewer for asking a 'negative' question? Pardew said he subbed James because we needed to get another forward on.

I guess he brought James on at half time to try and do a better job than Wotton. Then when the goal didn't come we took off the holding defender to play an attacking player. In hindsight a wasted sub but if James would have scored or set up a goal nobody would be questioning it.

Unlucky fellas. Didn't mind you lot until a load of trolls invaded our board banging on about how great you are and how **** we are etc. Still, I'm sure that was just a minority

3 points for us at Stockport and it's goodnight vienna for you lot

You'll walk it next year though

EIEIEI OH UP THE FOOTBALL ELAGUE WE GO :smt039

Cheers mate

See you next season

looking at the attendance it seems as if a large majority of Saints fans didn't think it was possible anyway. Well done for the 18K who did turn up.....shame on the missing thousands who took the glory day at Wembley but couldn't be bothered to cheer them on when they needed it most (I think I have a valid excuse for missing the game).

Disappointed we can't find a creative spark for that one moment of magic that would get us a goal.

Overall mark for the season though has to be 8 out of 10.....just wishing we could have kept the dream alive until the last game of the season.

I guess he brought James on at half time to try and do a better job than Wotton. Then when the goal didn't come we took off the holding defender to play an attacking player. In hindsight a wasted sub but if James would have scored or set up a goal nobody would be questioning it.

But he didnt.......

If it was that simple an explanation why did Pardew not just say that rather than lay into the interviewer for asking a 'negative' question? Pardew said he subbed James because we needed to get another forward on.

We've done everything bar score tonight and you get some c*nts still moaning. Unbelieveable.

but he never..

anyway, it was a fair question

It's often common when managers are frustrated and a result doesn't go there way that Journalists are just a major annoyance who get the wrath of a seething manager. Don't look too much into it, we battered Oldham and didn't win. Sometimes teams can get those back to the walls defensive displays away from home. Afterall when we were in the premiership how often did we do it away?

Sadly, who else is there than Wotton?

It will be sorted in June for sure.

Use some imagination. It doesn't take a genius to work out what Oldham were going todo tonight. Play either Puncheon or Lallana in the middle and Antonio/Papa out wide. Or, if he insists on playing long ball, he might as well play 3 up front from the start and then he has another striker to latch onto any lambert flicks etc.

But seriously, what did anyone expect from a team with Wotton and Hammond in midfield apart from dull, unimaginative football?

Unlucky fellas. Didn't mind you lot until a load of trolls invaded our board banging on about how great you are and how **** we are etc. Still, I'm sure that was just a minority

3 points for us at Stockport and it's goodnight vienna for you lot

You'll walk it next year though

EIEIEI OH UP THE FOOTBALL ELAGUE WE GO :smt039

see you in the prem!

I know you must be p*ssed off this evening, like the rest of us, but is there any need for all the abuse ?

You have a point. Time to take a chill pill everyone. It was always odds against we'd do it and at least with it ending now we won't be even more gutted about it ending later.

sometimes in football even good teams can't beat bad teams. Thats what makes it fun.

If you are good enough over a season you will get your rewards- for every last minute winner there is a dodgy penalty decision.

We were in a close to impossible position 10 games in.Would have been nice to take it into the last game- which mathematically we still could.

Just really hope next season is our last in L1.

We didn't lose, not reaching the playoffs is a ****er but who thought we would after 10 games - half the *****s on here thought we were going down. The turn around since then is 2nd place form - if we strengthen in the summer and keep AP we will win this League next season and be back in the Prem in 5 years which *was* the plan.

I'm not a ****ing happy clapper either - just a realist

We didn't lose, not reaching the playoffs is a ****er but who thought we would after 10 games - half the *****s on here thought we were going down. The turn around since then is 2nd place form - if we strengthen in the summer and keep AP we will win this League next season and be back in the Prem in 5 years which *was* the plan.

I'm not a ****ing happy clapper either - just a realist

Well said that man (or woman) :-)