Saints Vs Oldham - Post Match Reaction

Ponty

i dont buy it...we should be able to beat a struggling team in this league without one player..without any single player

we had chances by the sounds of it...

You could be right, maybe it was just bad luck tonight. But it seems odd to me that we can't win without him. It's not him per se, but without him we lack any link up play because the alternatives are not up to it, sadly.

Unlucky fellas. Didn't mind you lot until a load of trolls invaded our board banging on about how great you are and how **** we are etc. Still, I'm sure that was just a minority

3 points for us at Stockport and it's goodnight vienna for you lot

You'll walk it next year though

EIEIEI OH UP THE FOOTBALL ELAGUE WE GO :smt039

Not too bothered. Play-offs was always a bit unrealistic given the slow start. Happy we gave it out best shot and hopefully next season we can keep most of this team together. Just enjoying supporting Saints in general. Fair play to Oldham who sounded like they defended for there lives and executed a good game plan to stop us. Unfortunately we really missed Morgan I bet. He's our engine.

You could be right, maybe it was just bad luck tonight. But it seems odd to me that we can't win without him. It's not him per se, but without him we lack any link up play because the alternatives are not up to it, sadly.

link up play...how many chances did we have tonight..?

poor finishing by the sounds of it..

lambert sounded very quiet...maybe that was the reason..?

Hey it was always a big ask to win that many games in a row. Lets just try to stay unbeatean for the rest of the season and take this last part of this seasons form into next season. Perform like we have this season with a better start and no minus 10 and we should do well next season.

Correct, he is our engine and creativity in midfield. We need to strengthen there, but I'm sure AP knows that.

Paul Wotton is not the future...

Too true. Now if only we had a f*ck load of money with which to strengthen over the summer..oh wait we do

Shame. Looks like the -10 will cost us in the end. I'd rather that then us finish 20pts off which looked likely back in September!!

Next season should be fun and games. Lets hope we can take the pressure and win the league by a country mile. COYR

Unlucky fellas. Didn't mind you lot until a load of trolls invaded our board banging on about how great you are and how **** we are etc. Still, I'm sure that was just a minority

I live in Huddersfield, and ive been to a few games, and if you think you will win the playoffs you are in dreeeeeamland my friend.

i dont buy it...we should be able to beat a struggling team in this league without one player..without any single player

we had chances by the sounds of it...

I'm sure plenty fans of big teams said the same about matches against us when we were in the premiership fighting for our lives

Talking of trolls you northern ****ing monkey...

Really what was that fiasco with James coming on, instead of Antonio, & then taking him off for Connolly what a waste of a substitution. Very strange decision?

It's seemingly strange decisions like tonight that lead to some people questioning Pardew's apparent lapses in tactical decisions every now and then.

You wouldn't catch me drawing such conclusions though

Because without him all we do is punt it long. Even the reporter on 5live tonight said all we did was play long balls up to Lambert. You would think with Lallana and Puncheon in midfield we should be playing some football. We rely too heavily on Lambert winning headers and feeding off the scraps. Wish we would play lallana on the right, puncheon on the left, get a little bit of width into our game and play some football. In odd games this season we have shown we are capable of tearing teams apart when we get it down and play, but when you start a home game with Wotton and Hammond in the midfield it sends out all the wrong signals i think

It's seemingly strange decisions like tonight that lead to some people questioning Pardew's apparent lapses in tactical decisions every now and then.

You wouldn't catch me drawing such conclusions though

pards is getting a bit of a bashing with the reactions on the radio

The dream is over. And it hurts. Just like losing to Derby on penalties.

I fear for the loss of key players over the summer.

Don't worry about losing players, if we do we'll just buy some more. There's nothing to worry about any more, the futures bright the futures red n white.:vom:

I can stop kidding myself now, anyway.

Or you can keep kidding yourself that Huddersfield could screw it up by failing to win any of their remaining games and losing at least one of them, while we go on a 3 game winning streak to end the season!! ;)

...you never know though... Huddersfield get complacent and fail to turn up... Saints relax and play some beautiful football... voila! Last game of the season and we are left wondering if Exeter can do us a favour and beat them while we win our last game?!!

....I wish!!! ;)

On a more realistic note, I hope that we can keep all our decent players and that we can find someone who will provide decent cover for Schneiderlin (or even better, someone who is better than Schneiderlin!)

:)

Because without him all we do is punt it long. Even the reporter on 5live tonight said all we did was play long balls up to Lambert. You would think with Lallana and Puncheon in midfield we should be playing some football. We rely too heavily on Lambert winning headers and feeding off the scraps. Wish we would play lallana on the right, puncheon on the left, get a little bit of width into our game and play some football. In odd games this season we have shown we are capable of tearing teams apart when we get it down and play, but when you start a home game with Wotton and Hammond in the midfield it sends out all the wrong signals i think

Sadly, who else is there than Wotton?

It will be sorted in June for sure.

Ultimately not quite good enough. Congratulations to the top 6 sides, who have all been very good all season and deserving of a play-off place. We have not been consistent enough over the season.

I disagree we have been very consistent since October but crap in the first few games