Can we do it??? YES WE CAN!!

Ian the Red

As much as I hope otherwise, I don't see Huddersfield dropping that many points. Two of the teams they are playing are at the bottom end of L1 and their home game will get such good support I can't see them losing. 5 points minimum, IMO.

Charlton will beat Exeter and Oldham. That puts them right out of our reach.

I can see Swindon dropping the most points, but not losing all three.

We mustn't be arrogant enough to forget that all these teams are above us for a reason. They have beaten teams like those they face in the next three games many times before and there is nothing to say they wont continue to do so.

Is now an acceptable time to change the thread title to 'Can we do it? No.'

nope, not until it is mathematically impossible.

optimistic ? hell yea thats why i buy a lottery ticket every week, i know it wont happen, but i still waste a quid on it !

Anyone who thought Saints would go on their best winning run in decades was deluded anyway.

Haven't we already ?

Can't see it happening, but there's still a mathematical outside possibility at least until Saturday.

As mentioned in all the other threads and posts, it's still a possibility and we have to go out and beat Carlisle on Saturday because Huddersfield just may ****-up their last 2 games. Stockport may just have a great day of football left in them - who knows?

I don't think anyone's suggesting the team goes out to just try and see who can hit the crossbar from 40 yards or do the most Cruyff turns on Saturday.

And even the sides who have no mathematical chance of doing anything will be trying to win...

Anyone who thought Saints would go on their best winning run in decades was deluded anyway.

Not decades, EVER.

Our best winning run EVER in ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY FIVE YEARS, is 6... we needed to win 8 on the bounce.

Mind you, the club still believe... their management have this on their email signature...

believe.jpg

Gotta love their optimism...

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2031405,00.html

what on earth?

why are those comments coming from a ''Club spokesperson'' ?

why do they still believe we can do it? Hudds need 3 points from a possible 9, are they all of a sudden going to become relegation fodder?

If huddersifled slip up on sat. it will make me feel sick because you'll know what a change we've missed.

if we had won our game in hand we would have still be in there, albeit a long shot - but we didn't, so i don't see why they are still trying to build this up, it will only equal more disapointment.

the only thing i can see is that they're trying to keep the crowd numbers up for the last 2 home games.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~2031405,00.html

what on earth?

why are those comments coming from a ''Club spokesperson'' ?

why do they still believe we can do it? Hudds need 3 points from a possible 9, are they all of a sudden going to become relegation fodder?

If huddersifled slip up on sat. it will make me feel sick because you'll know what a change we've missed.

if we had won our game in hand we would have still be in there, albeit a long shot - but we didn't, so i don't see why they are still trying to build this up, it will only equal more disapointment.

the only thing i can see is that they're trying to keep the crowd numbers up for the last 2 home games.

This is just cash register filling, everybody knows we will not make the play-offs, most suspected that we wouldn't a long time ago but some fairly unexpected results from other teams and some excellent results from our lads

prolonged the suspense a bit.

No doubt the JPT cost us the play-offs but that's life.

No reason not to support the team for the remaining 3 games though,something may still depend on the outcome of them.

Edited by Window Cleaner

No doubt the JPT cost us the play-offs but that's life.

So little doubt there's already a massive thread devoted debunking and dismissing this from a statistical perspective, we actually had a higher average points return from matches either side of Cup games than in successive League games this season.