Last Away day Theme?

dubai_phil

Just for info there's a pub called The Brittannia just along from the train station (High Street, that is away fan friendly and allows kids in. Also The Southern Belle opposite station, but a bit more lively on match days.

Nearer the ground is the Livvy, but I'd expect it to be packed on Saturday. Turn left out of station, follow Balmoral Road all the way to the end, you'll see the Brian Moore stand directly in front of you (Priestfield Road), take a right past Gordon and Franklin Roads and you are in Livingstone Circus.

May be worth taking a stroll along Gordon Road to see if they are letting us use that entrance too as it could save you a long walk around as kick off approaches..

The chippy at Livingstone Circus was the best for miles and I remember getting free bags of 'crackiling' as a youngster from there.

Ref the Gordon Road Stand, it was until fairly recently the oldest remaining wooden stand in the league.

There is also a British Legion along Livingstone Road for those who have CIU cards.

And stay away from those dark alleyways, they stink of **** and dog **** and although they have now erected gates to the ones leading to the away end, the Gillingham yoof have been known to 'jump' people using them as short cuts. iirc there was a mass brawl in one after a Fulham game a few years ago which left one chap dead. Allegedly the brawl started in the alleyway and there was no way out for innocent bystanders simply using it as a short cut.

white%20nurse%20outfit%20la%2083050_1.JPG

Swiss Miss Nurses Uniform For the hottie ladeez ;)

PS Note it has a Swiss Flag rather than the Red Cross on it, so not just an excuse for gratuitous hot babe pic !!!

I refuse, absolutely, to wear this for our last game! I stopped dressing up in Nurses uniforms when I reached 16:)

I cant remember many of our previous themes anyone care to help me out here?

As nobody else has answered, here are the ones I can remember:

Wimbledon - fezes for Kachloul

Derby - baldy wigs for Chris Marsden

Aston Villa (or was it West Ham?) - police hats for Jo Tessem

Aston Villa - tam-o-shanters for Gordon Strachan

As nobody else has answered, here are the ones I can remember:

Wimbledon - fezes for Kachloul

Derby - baldy wigs for Chris Marsden

Aston Villa (or was it West Ham?) - police hats for Jo Tessem

Aston Villa - tam-o-shanters for Gordon Strachan

I seem also to recall from my ever decreasing memory

bits of carpet worn as mickey evans sideburns

and viking hats and axes at some point as well

id like to throw my weight behind the volcanic ash idea - that'd be easy (cotton wool sprayed grey) and well funny!

You'd be about as funny as fatty corden. Don't do it, because someone might youtube it and you'll be made to look a complete tool. HTH

Del and Rodders are the only 2 that can make Batman and Robin funny, so don't waste your time with that either. you'll thank me for it monday!!

And stay away from those dark alleyways, they stink of **** and dog **** and although they have now erected gates to the ones leading to the away end, the Gillingham yoof have been known to 'jump' people using them as short cuts. iirc there was a mass brawl in one after a Fulham game a few years ago which left one chap dead. Allegedly the brawl started in the alleyway and there was no way out for innocent bystanders simply using it as a short cut.

True story, was at a Ginnum v Saints League Cup game some years ago (must have been about 14) and got some grief from three scumbag Medway youths walking through one of them. Kind of nervy because there's no coppers around and you end up getting lost. Stick to the main roads, they stink and all but that's just Medway for you :)

True story, was at a Ginnum v Saints League Cup game some years ago (must have been about 14) and got some grief from three scumbag Medway youths walking through one of them. Kind of nervy because there's no coppers around and you end up getting lost. Stick to the main roads, they stink and all but that's just Medway for you :)

Obviously not involved myself (pussy apparently) but the looks on visiting fans faces when they used to arrive at the train station to be greetes by hundreds of Gills fans was a mixture od surprise and fear. I lived at the top end of Balmoral Road MC so couldn;t really avoid seeing it all kick off whilst awaiting clear passage to my house.

Do you remember the cinema called The Plaza? It's a Lidl now I think, but was the venue for the early Tube (C4) programme after the cinema closed down. iirc it was there that Jools Holland spoke those immortal words one Friday evening whiocjh got him banned from TV. Can't remember what he actually said though!!

Another pub/club that was notorious was the Central Hotel on Watling Street, teams like Southend, Millwall and Sheff Wed would often try to 'take it' on a Friday night before a match, never knew of them being succesful as in those crazy cays Gillingham had an extremely hard bunch of fans. They never seemed to go looking for it but for some reason were seen as a real scalp to be had.

If one of my Grandsons came home and told me he'd seen some of the things that i used to see I would ban him from going ever again. Then again, I went to Upbury!

I thought it was already decided.. It is going to be a "new frocks" day.

Something Pards said earlier in the season about putting on our new frocks....

Quote:

"It just leaves us in a position where we can try and win a cup game on Tuesday and go to Leeds with real confidence of getting a result. We didn't want to go there on the back of a draw or a defeat today and be slightly nervous about getting a result. We can almost go there and let our hair down, put our best frock on and see if we can get a result.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10280~1903386,00.html