Oldham build-up

SuperMikey

What no poll on who should replace Morgan in the middle out of Wotton, James, Gillett, Lallana, Puncheon, Antonio, Oxlade-Chamberlain or Pulis?

You could add Jamie White to that list, he got a hat trick against Salisbury in the first half for the reserves last week.

Southampton 2 Roger Milford 3 ...hate to say it

I could look it up, but are you talking about the poodle rock headed nkobhead referee from about 20 years ago? Please explain apropos Oldham.

On a lighter note, I'm getting those 'I can take failure, it's the hope that kills you' feelings normally associated with relegation.

But he's a striker.

And, sadly, I think if he was gonna be in Pardews plans he would have given him a chance by now...

Good Point Saint_Clark, however, Jamie started life as an attacking midfielder, he has two good feet, when Chelsea trialed him and wanted to sign him by the way, the coach asked for those who were right footed to go to the right and those with the left go to the left. Jamie did not move, when asked why he simply said that he could use both, Pardew has not used him, however, I strongly believe he could do a very good job in this position, although young, his head is that of a much older player, I just fear that we may lose him to another club and live to regret it as well.

I could look it up, but are you talking about the poodle rock headed nkobhead referee from about 20 years ago? Please explain apropos Oldham.

Milford was the ref when we drew 2-2 with Oldham at the dell in the quater final of the league cup in the late 80's-early 90's.We were 2-1 up deep into injury time when Andy bloody Richie scored.I remember walking out cursing Milford!We knew we would probably lose the replay on their plastic pitch and we did!Missed out on a great chance of getting to wembley because of him.

Just been to Ladbrokes to have a flutter on Rickie for first goal scorer tonight, was offered odds of 2/1...Outrageous!

Rubbish odds on Saints at the mo. Better off doing Connolly last goal scorer @ 5/1.

Is Antonio fit?! He gets goods odds.

It's hard predicting first goal scorer and scoreline with Saints. One day we'd hammer 5 past Huddersfield at home or 5 past Bristol away, another day struggle away to Tranmere or Exeter. Even Charlton was a struggle to score. Let's hope it's a high scoring evening game like Huddersfield, Walsall & Bristol.

bet365 have:

Barnard to score first & 2-1 result @ 25/1.

Fonte to score first & 3-1 result @ 125/1 (worth a quid or 2)

Dean Hammond to score first & 2-0 @ 40/1

Lambert to score first & 4-1 result @ 50/1

Antonio to score first & 3-1 result @ 65/1

Saints to win 4-1 @ 20/1.

But, knowing me they'll score first and all bets will be off! LOL

I went for Seabourne @ 50/1 for 1st scorer!!!

Puncheon at 7/1.

Saints to win 4-0 at @ 25/1.

Not done a scorecast as the last one I won was away at Barnsley last year when I had McGoldrought to score 1st and Saints to win 1-0 at a ridiculous price of 35/1, almost felt guilty taking £70 off the poor independent bookie in his little shed at the ground!

How can we have Wotton in the middle when we have a much more adapt footballer in James on the bench ??

I know James gets some stick but he is a lot better than Wotton IMO.

a few people reckon james is no way fully fit....but would be useful in an emergency or something

says alot about gillet

a few people reckon james is no way fully fit....but would be useful in an emergency or something

says alot about gillet

True, Gillett showed he could cut it at CCC and so there must be something rumbling on in the background here, i would imagine he no longer wants to be here.

I wonder what people would think of Fonte playing in the middle of the park ?? If jaidi was fit ??

True, Gillett showed he could cut it at CCC and so there must be something rumbling on in the background here, i would imagine he no longer wants to be here.

I wonder what people would think of Fonte playing in the middle of the park ?? If jaidi was fit ??

from what I have seen of him (twice lol)

he could do a job but that is it...I think he would get caught out of position when creeping forward and play too much likt e CB in the middle of the park

from what I have seen of him (twice lol)

he could do a job but that is it...I think he would get caught out of position when creeping forward and play too much likt e CB in the middle of the park

Perhaps, thats what i meant though, do a job, not actually turn him into a midfielder.

IMO he is a decent footballer and certainly more mobile than wotton.