Alan Pardew

SamKimish

Alpine. you need to re tune the focus control in your brain and eyes. Its you that is obsessed and constantly posts negative and embarassing posts.

I know sad old git and a number of other sensible and more than educated people on here you put down and are abusive to on a regular basis.

I chuckle when you try to do battle with them but your efforts are so futile.

SOG can more than take care of himself in a war of words.

anyway if you have got time on your hands perhaps you can do the irony

on the washing basket. but then you would only do some irony in order to have a debate of whether your washing basket was half full or half empty!

What a pompous load of "either with me or against me" rubbish.

You dont like my post content or style, so I must be not be as intelligent or educated as your little inner circle. How revealing...

I bet you are a SaintsList member...

Alps , 'a STORY on here ' he told Salz. Ah there is a man who was our saviour Lol.

I dont want to go back and go over all the old ground so please do not distort the past to try and get 1 up on SOG.

RL did things the correct way legally and was assured by top London Lawyers that the -10 point penalty was not enforceable,due to the way the company was set up.

Those top lawyers obviously did not factor in the FL's ability to play with the rules to suit and threaten expulsion or further penalties if we did try.Add to the fact that the legal case would have run and run and we may not have ever got a buyer and so been wound up.

At the end of the day we came out in a fantastic shape, I doubt anyone would argue that, but watching the Pompey situation where they seem to have gone about everything the wrong way and against all fair and normal accounting ways. Perhaps we should have done the same and bent every rule in the book.

As a worrying aside, i had contact with a friend who is involved in the FL and he said you wont make propmotion this season, but walk it next.....but with a different manager. When pressed he would not say why.

Paul Ince has already cleared his desk at MK Dons in his NOTW column he said he is looking for somewhere long term with a bit of money behind them..............................;)

Nope, not having this.

Even assuming your version of events for one minute, it seems Lowe was talking to everyone except the people who should have been talking to - the FL. He should have been proactive enough to get their interpretation of the rules before consulting with fancy-dan lawyers about the corporate status of the club, which actually has nothing to do with membership of a private organisation.

It is a measure of the man that he went with the Lawyers's view and didnt pay more attention to the FL. The decision to dock us points has nothing to do with law.

Oh, and as for your last paragraph, forgive me for paying that as much attention as you do to the Salz story...

I dont doubt Lowe was in contact with the FL, but top lawyers would also be a top priority as Barclays had pushed us into a corner by reducing the overdraft a second time in 6 months, hence the imminent likely hood of us going into administration.

Neither of us will change our opinion on how this proceeded, but i do notice how guarded you are in not coming forward with a full endorsement of AP. Keeping your powder dry for the next couple of bad results you can wheel out Lol.

[/color]

Paul Ince has already cleared his desk at MK Dons in his NOTW column he said he is looking for somewhere long term with a bit of money behind them..............................;)

Lol, I hope that the gossip my frend had was not current but beofre the JPT success, where i believe things have improved. Their greeting after the game (NC AP ) was very public.

I dont doubt Lowe was in contact with the FL, but top lawyers would also be a top priority as Barclays had pushed us into a corner by reducing the overdraft a second time in 6 months, hence the imminent likely hood of us going into administration.

Neither of us will change our opinion on how this proceeded, but i do notice how guarded you are in not coming forward with a full endorsement of AP. Keeping your powder dry for the next couple of bad results you can wheel out Lol.

FFS, I have said (several times) I fully support him until Xmas and will review my decision based on where we are in the League (CCC or L1), and that is very much what most people think NC will do too.

I have added that I will not offer any manager a blank cheque in terms of my support for an open-ended period of time.

What the f**k is guarded or controversial about that ?? And what is with the totally bizarre change of subject ?

Who is in to 1-upmanship now ???

FFS, I have said (several times) I fully support him until Xmas and will review my decision based on where we are in the League (CCC or L1), and that is very much what most people think NC will do too.

I have added that I will not offer any manager a blank cheque in terms of my support for an open-ended period of time.

What the f**k is guarded or controversial about that ?? And what is with the totally bizarre change of subject ?

Who is in to 1-upmanship now ???

That is a fair position to take, and you have now made your position clear

That is a fair position to take, and you have now made your position clear

What I dont get is why anybody interpreted it otherwise. I have made it clear I was giving him until Xmas.

The only other thing I have written occasionally- during very poor performances and after poor results - that I would not be surprised to discover that NC is considering his options for the summer.

I have never, repeat, never called for his sacking before the end of the season or during the summer. Anyone who claims otherwise is a f**king liar.

What I dont get is why anybody interpreted it otherwise. I have made it clear I was giving him until Xmas.

The only other thing I have written occasionally- during very poor performances and after poor results - that I would not be surprised to discover that NC is considering his options for the summer.

I have never, repeat, never called for his sacking before the end of the season or during the summer. Anyone who claims otherwise is a f**king liar.

I dont think you have ever called for that, from where i sit i saw somebody sitting back having a few undermining digs and awaiting a chance to stick the knife in from the blind side. Now you have made yourself as clear as anyone could ask, I can now see i was wrong thinking that you were not fully backing AP.

Fair criticism is not wrong as long as its's constructive in my book

I know sad old git and a number of other sensible and more than educated people on here you put down and are abusive to on a regular basis.

What precisely is "more than educated"? Educated and wealthy? Educated and healthy? Educated and possessing a big d*ck?

Surely people are either well educated or not.

The thing I find annoying Alpine is that you seem more keen to discuss what would happen if things went wrong than if things go right.

The thing I find annoying Alpine is that you seem more keen to discuss what would happen if things went wrong than if things go right.

I am not sure I follow you.

If things "go right" we win games and get promoted

If things "go wrong" the management (on- and off-field) have to determine how to improve matters including fixes and personnel changes.

Seems to me there is more to speculate upon when things "go wrong" hence the volume of posting following a defeat is always heavier than a win (and that is not just me)

I am not sure I follow you.

If things "go right" we win games and get promoted

If things "go wrong" the management (on- and off-field) have to determine how to improve matters including fixes and personnel changes.

Seems to me there is more to speculate upon when things "go wrong" hence the volume of posting following a defeat is always heavier than a win (and that is not just me)

We will still have to make changes if we get promoted. You could always discuss those - and yet i've seen posts (not entirely sure they're from you to be fair) on threads discussing who we should sign saying "let's get there first", and "don't get ahead of yourselves".

We will still have to make changes if we get promoted. You could always discuss those - and yet i've seen posts (not entirely sure they're from you to be fair) on threads discussing who we should sign saying "let's get there first", and "don't get ahead of yourselves".

Those people discussing who to ditch and who to buy if we are promoted REALLY are difficult to please.

I am not seeing past promotion, to be honest. I see that as a moment really worth savouring.

Those people discussing who to ditch and who to buy if we are promoted REALLY are difficult to please.

I am not seeing past promotion, to be honest. I see that as a moment really worth savouring.

That's a fair point, but why then do you want to discuss what to do if we fail? It could be argued that, on the flip side of your reasoning for not discussing success, it wouldn't bear thinking about.

You know what, forget it. This is a forum for discussing football, not the ins and outs of peoples personality traits and nuances, so I have no idea why i'm being so childish about it all.

Alan Curbishley - you heard it here first.

Curbishley is a decent manager, but given the run of form that we've hit in the last 2-3 months it would be an act of lunacy to destabilise the team and change manager now. I sincerely hope the rumours aren't true, otherwise we'd be taking a sizeable and unneccessary risk.

Curbs for DoF? Perhaps...

Wes

I was having a dig at Alpine . because there is never any reasonableness in his arguments. No acceptance that others may have a valid opinion.

He using the F*** or variations in his post on numerous occassions.

The point I was trying to make perhaps not as eloquently as I should have was, that there are people on here who have extremely important jobs professions. Whether Airline pilots, Doctors etc for which you need more than an ounce of common sense or a solitary cse/ NVQ in finger painting

If your asking if I think he is thick possibly but its mainly about his constant negativity which I object about.

Oh for Alpine what has the saintslist got to do with my comment.

By the way I am on the saintslist and have been since it first started but rarely post. at least you know who is who on that list

Wes

I was having a dig at Alpine . because there is never any reasonableness in his arguments. No acceptance that others may have a valid opinion.

He using the F*** or variations in his post on numerous occassions.

The point I was trying to make perhaps not as eloquently as I should have was, that there are people on here who have extremely important jobs professions. Whether Airline pilots, Doctors etc for which you need more than an ounce of common sense or a solitary cse/ NVQ in finger painting

If your asking if I think he is thick possibly but its mainly about his constant negativity which I object about.

By the way I am on the saintslist and have been since it first started but rarely post. at least you know who is who on that list

If this were a forum on flight matters, I would have a great deal of respect for the opinions of airline pilots. Conversely, the same applies if it were a forum on medical matters, then the opinions of doctors and surgeons or nurses would also command some respect.

But it is a football forum. (Posts containing industrial language are to be expected too)

Therefore if there is a post by a doctor or airline pilot or other professional person, undoubtedly it ought to be put across with eloquence and a decent command of the English language. But there is otherwise no particular reason why the opinion ought to have more validity than those expressed by somebody without professional qualifications, regardless of whether their spelling and grammar might be poorer.

On the one hand, football is a profession for those engaged in it as managers, players, scouts, etc. Presumably you would give more credence to an opinion expressed by one of those contributors (as he has a degree of expertise to call on) than to say something that the Brain Surgeon posts about football.

On the other hand, football is a spectator sport, an entertainment. As such, there is inevitably going to be differences in opinion about the match, the players, the manager, etc. So can you make out a case that the opinions of the Brain Surgeon on the match that he has seen are the correct ones and that the bricklayer must be wrong? I don't think so.

And if Alpine's opinions are perceived by many to be negative, then they are surely a foil to those others that are endlessly chirpy. That's what life is all about. It would be a dull place indeed if everybody thought along the same lines and there would be no need for this forum, would there?

We go a man down, he throws on a striker for a defender and that super substitute crosses for Barnard (also a sub) to nod in at the back post.

Great tactics from a great manager that receives far too much stick from some of the idiots on here.

Regardless of whether he gets us promoted this season, I have faith that he has what it takes to not only take us to the Championship next year but also win the league.

COYR!

now whose the idiot? tactics, he thinks they're a f*cking sweet. Long ball all night and he wasted a sub. put that up your self righteous pipe and smkoe it.

So why did you bring up intelligence / education at all ? Btw, I think it would come as a shock to you to discover what I do and what my qualifications are.

Yep, thought so. Thanks for confirming.

Nail, hammer, head. Thank f*ck Alpine has nothing to do with decisions made at the club otherwise a very good manager would be on his way out.

Give him until Christmas? Very big of you Alpine. Frankly who gives flying f*ck what you think???

A poll perhaps?

If this were a forum on flight matters, I would have a great deal of respect for the opinions of airline pilots. Conversely, the same applies if it were a forum on medical matters, then the opinions of doctors and surgeons or nurses would also command some respect.

But it is a football forum. (Posts containing industrial language are to be expected too)

Therefore if there is a post by a doctor or airline pilot or other professional person, undoubtedly it ought to be put across with eloquence and a decent command of the English language. But there is otherwise no particular reason why the opinion ought to have more validity than those expressed by somebody without professional qualifications, regardless of whether their spelling and grammar might be poorer.

On the one hand, football is a profession for those engaged in it as managers, players, scouts, etc. Presumably you would give more credence to an opinion expressed by one of those contributors (as he has a degree of expertise to call on) than to say something that the Brain Surgeon posts about football.

On the other hand, football is a spectator sport, an entertainment. As such, there is inevitably going to be differences in opinion about the match, the players, the manager, etc. So can you make out a case that the opinions of the Brain Surgeon on the match that he has seen are the correct ones and that the bricklayer must be wrong? I don't think so.

And if Alpine's opinions are perceived by many to be negative, then they are surely a foil to those others that are endlessly chirpy. That's what life is all about. It would be a dull place indeed if everybody thought along the same lines and there would be no need for this forum, would there?

Are you Alpine and C B Fry one of the same person?

Curbishley is a decent manager, but given the run of form that we've hit in the last 2-3 months it would be an act of lunacy to destabilise the team and change manager now. I sincerely hope the rumours aren't true, otherwise we'd be taking a sizeable and unneccessary risk.

Curbs for DoF? Perhaps...

Hope not

Thanks Alan for your sterling efforts this season. To get as close as we have after the slow start and -10 shows how far we have come. And a trophy thrown in as well. I'm proud of the players, and our team, and i'm proud to have you as our manager. Onwards and very much upwards.

I think we might be witnessing our first forum related nervous breakdown.

Me and Wes Tender had an entertaining debate on another thread the other day (let me spell it out. We. were. on. opposing. sides.) And lord knows me and Alpine have had plenty of ding dongs about some sh ite or other on this forum going way back.

You, on the other hand, are rapidly descending into utter madness.

Looooooony. :rolleyes:

Do you lot get off on abusing Alpine? I've been lurking on the forum for a long time and have hardly posted, but i 'enjoy' reading all the comments. Just want to say several of you appear to have some grudge against posters for no real reason, other than their opinion seems to differ from your own. I think you should question why that is.

Do you lot get off on abusing Alpine? I've been lurking on the forum for a long time and have hardly posted, but i 'enjoy' reading all the comments. Just want to say several of you appear to have some grudge against posters for no real reason, other than their opinion seems to differ from your own. I think you should question why that is.

It goes back to the Burley days when Alpine and Delldays launched personal tirades against him at every turn.

Personally i am unsure how you can criticise Pardew for the tactics today?

We started with Wotten because he is our only other holding midfielder. We were not to know they would come and park up in the goal and play for a draw from the 1st minute. At half time he came off as he was having a mare. James is more creative then Wotten, is a good passer of the ball, has a lot of assists for the club. On another day he might have played better and we won, nobody would of said anything. He didn't play well so he came off. Now with the Barnard argument be honest about it, he did jack **** for basically 70mins. If he did nothing in that time why would he do something in the last 20? Seems a bit dumb logic to me.

With Waigo it was the right decision. We needed someone with a spark about them who could do something different.

Again we were all over their goal and in the last few mins we had some chances which someone should have put away. Plus add to that the penalties we should of had. Meaning if just 1 of those things had gone our way people would not be talking like they are.

The players looked knackered, they gave it their all. They have played so many games this year. You can't win every game. Not even Man Utd could win every game. To expect it is just setting yourself up for dissapointment.

Getting to the playoffs was always going to be hard.

Pardew has done a great job here. He has made some mistakes, but he has also made some great decisions. Today was just a typical game of football, it happens. That comes when teams fear your side. I remember this time last year, nobody feared us, they laughed at us. For me this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons i have witnessed, i think i have seen more wins then i have ever seen in one season. Have played some of the best football i have ever seen.

So really you have to say those who are unhappy are people who expected the playoffs. Most people would say they were un-realistic to expect that anyway.

No. I said he was way past his best an the drink got in the way of his job

Guess I was right.

I was not a Forum Member in those days but I find it strange that people did not agree with you I certainly did as did did many non forum members

But this is thread is about Pardew and I am still not completely sure he is the man to lead us forward as seems not to perform well under pressure but lets see how things work out next season before suggesting that he goes.

The team is still gelling but needs players to be playing consistently well all the time and creativity in Midfield

I think the defence is good as are the strikers so over to you Mr Pardew

Edited by John B

We were not to know they would come and park up in the goal and play for a draw from the 1st minute.

Weren't we? I think that was obvious. Mid to low table team needing a point or two from their last few games to be absolutely certain of staying up. They were only ever going to play in a 9 1 formation.

I was not a Forum Member in those days but I find it strange that people did not agree with you I certainly did as did did many non forum members

I said burley had lost it and should go DURING the season after the playoff year. When it was clear he was not interested... I also knew someone who worked at the club at the time and it was common knowledges that the drinking culture at te club was out of hand. Something that other posters ITK claimed te same

I got dogs abuse from the usual forum standard bearers.

So, what happens

burley demonstrates he was not interested and past his best

he goes to Scotland and was terrible and the new manager has to PUBLICALLY state he had to sort out the drinking culture from the last set up and invite players back who retired early

yep. I wad completely wrong and deserved the abuse lol

I said burley had lost it and should go DURING the season after the playoff year. When it was clear he was not interested... I also knew someone who worked at the club at the time and it was common knowledges that the drinking culture at te club was out of hand. Something that other posters ITK claimed te same

I got dogs abuse from the usual forum standard bearers.

So, what happens

burley demonstrates he was not interested and past his best

he goes to Scotland and was terrible and the new manager has to PUBLICALLY state he had to sort out the drinking culture from the last set up and invite players back who retired early

yep. I wad completely wrong and deserved the abuse lol

What really surprises me is that whilst talking face to face to most Saints fans there is little abuse and usually agreement on most topics

No. I said he was way past his best an the drink got in the way of his job

Guess I was right.

Where is your evidence? It was always third hand gossip. Plenty of manager's drink. Can you prove that Burley is/was an alchy? His made Alan Brazil certainly likes a drink and would know wouldn't he? Could an alchy run the London Marathon as Bulrey is due to do?

Maybe he did lose interest. Having had his three best players sold from under him and then his CEO coming out and stating publically that the promotion push was over (oh, and funny that he didn't get any stick from the usual suspects for that) then really, who could blame him for wanting out.

Have a pop at him for his team selections, players choices etc, but if you are going to accuse him of something like this, perhaps you would like to provide cast iron proof.

been **** all season and as i said on saturday he would get found out, why did he refuse to switch our wingers, and why bring on James who has about as much impact as slapping the goalie with a wet fish.

I dispair:mad:

Alpine

So what if I have been a member of the saintslist for many years?

or is it a case you got banned and have thrown your teddy in the corner.

You clearly have a gripe against the saintslist. Its not a secret club for your information but does have rules and repect for each other

Oh out on interest what is it you do apart from moaning about our managers?

Personally i am unsure how you can criticise Pardew for the tactics today?

We started with Wotten because he is our only other holding midfielder. We were not to know they would come and park up in the goal and play for a draw from the 1st minute.

I disagree. We have scouts who surely go to watch other teams before they come here and who can also probably analyse their other results against similar opposition. Now, I'm not sure, but if it became clear that when Oldham played away against the top teams, they deployed the same tactics, then it should have been clear what their game plan would be. Why, even most on here could have had an educated guess that it was probable that they would try to defend in numbers for the first half, hoping that if they stopped us from scoring, we would become frustrated, that the crowd support would diminish. Then they could always try and hit us on the break, which in fact they came close to doing a couple of times, requiring good saves from Kelvin.

Is this the best that you can do? To post an inane response, throwing mud? It just goes to show that you are incapable of debating a reasonable post, which incidentally was not even aimed at you. I didn't even mention you by name. My response was to Viking Warrior's post and I thought I answered it with courtesy, making my points thoughtfully. I don't see him complaining, so why have you taken umbrage?

If you don't have anything sensible to say arguing the toss against any of the points I raised, then I suggest that you don't post anything, in case it makes you look stupid and vindictive.

And did you mean to ask whether me, Alpine and CB Fry we were one and the same person?

We obviously are not, as that would easily be spotted by the administrators. Is senility creeping up on you?