Alan Pardew

SamKimish

only a fool would not back Pardew as our manager to continue to lead us due to:

1) his previous very good record

2) how he has turned around a club in chaos

3) how he is building a team, with young players for the future

4) the side he has built is now the best in the division and will very very strong favorites to win this league next year

Obviously.

I'll answer you when you've bothered to inform yourself sufficiently.

Okay Alpine, as you obvioulsy can't bring yourself to give a simple yes or no I shall assume that it is a no and that you are keeping your powder dry for when Pardew does something else to warrant more grief from you.

As for trying to "inform" myself "sufficiently". I was under the impression that I was trying to do with this simple question.

Time to move on....

Agree that Pards has done a magnificent job this season.

We were a broken club but are well under way to being nursed back to full health and Pards has certainly played his part in doing that.

I'm sure that NC as the architect of our recovery, does recognise the good job Pards has done, and will continue to back him into next season.

Agree that Pards has done a magnificent job this season.

We were a broken club but are well under way to being nursed back to full health and Pards has certainly played his part in doing that.

I'm sure that NC as the architect of our recovery, does recognise the good job Pards has done, and will continue to back him into next season.

I hope you are right Foxtone but NC has hardly backed hin to the hilt in public has he? There does seem to be this thing going on, you know, bring in a "name" manager, give him some money, instant promotion that NC propergates.

As we know, this is no instant recipe for success and if Pardew does pull it off this year he should be given the keys to the city.

It would be good if NC could come out and back Pardew 100% for next season now so that we all know where we stand over the closed season and AP can get on with rebuilding job.

Just read my post again Alpine you mong

If you are so mentally unstable that you contemplate suicide over someone elses comments, I suggest the best course all round is for you to avoid this site. Completely.

Where the feck did I was saying I was mentally unstable? your interpretation entirely. i was referring the the way the game was going on saturday look at the emotions of my fellow fans who posted through the course of the game.

I wouldnt contemplate suicuide over somebody elses comments either.

If anybody should avoid this site.its you. You are consistintly the most boring negative poster I have had the misfortune to read. now crawl back in your slimy wee hole

Oh another thing Messrs Alpine

for the other bunch of heroes I support The Help the Heroes charity

I notice you didnt manage to comment on the above or was it a case you didnt read beyond the word suicidal in my post.

I don't think you will be making a donation to my charity event by any chance? in aid of the HELP THE HEROES CHARITY

I hope you are right Foxtone but NC has hardly backed hin to the hilt in public has he? There does seem to be this thing going on, you know, bring in a "name" manager, give him some money, instant promotion that NC propergates.

As we know, this is no instant recipe for success and if Pardew does pull it off this year he should be given the keys to the city.

It would be good if NC could come out and back Pardew 100% for next season now so that we all know where we stand over the closed season and AP can get on with rebuilding job.

NC's behaviour does not worry me at all SOG.

I like his positive vision and his desire to keep everybody on their toes and focussed towards delivering the goals he has set.

There might have been a danger that "old Saints apathy" could have crept in - For example, accepting a mindset that we are too far behind to reach the play-offs and therefore accepting this "defeat" rather than focussing on the fact that WE CAN MAKE IT!

Cortese has set the standard and I like his attitude. I'm sure he regards Pards as having delivered a good season but it is'nt over yet in his eyes, nor should it be!

So two posters out of how many members? That's a bit like George bush saying that there is real scientific debate about climate change...

There have been others, but it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 1000, it still proves Glasgow wrong - there ARE people who want Pardew to go.

There have been others, but it doesn't matter if it's 1 or 1000, it still proves Glasgow wrong - there ARE people who want Pardew to go.

There are a couple of people but I'm not sure how serious they are (or how seriously we can take them).

One of said posters also slates Lambert and a year or so ago posted that he was through with Saints as he had the chance of a ST at the Emirates.

I think the question Glasgow asks is fair enough (I can't believe I just typed that) - considering the minute amount of serious 'Pardew out' posts, why are so many people people getting so worked up about it?

A couple of posters who aren't exactly regulars posting in the heat of the moment on a post match thread. It's like the Branfoot campaign all over again :rolleyes:

There is no campaign to get Pardew out, it's just made up by people to give themselves the comfort blanket of "I told you so" superiority against some mythical uprising.

But Pardew's success this season is not about "sticking with the manager" because he hasn't been here long enough to claim to have been stuck with. Nine odd months is not "sticking with the manager".

Pardew has delivered instant success, the phrase that you and SOG and lots of other bores hate and pretend doesn't happen and doesn't exist.

Well it does exist, at every single club that has had success in the last twenty years from Arsenal and Everton to Hull, Norwich, Forest, Leeds, Exeter and whoever else you want to name. And it's happened, this season with Pardew and Saints. Just as I said it would*.

You get success in your first eighteen months or you don't get success at all.

The sweet, sweet smell of instant success.

Edited by CB Fry
*The "i told you so" superiority is mine, all mine.

I looked at the thread. Yes, there were a few who wanted AP out. They are entitled to their opinions, however knee-jerk or unreasoned. The biggest chuckle I got was from Dalek2003 who, whilst not anti-AP, is still banging his Glenn Hoddle drum, after all these years. He doesn't mention Hoddle by name, but it's clear who he means.

Please, please stop it, for all of our sakes, and your sanity. Get over it mate - it really isn't going to happen. ;)

considering the minute amount of serious 'Pardew out' posts, why are so many people people getting so worked up about it?

I think that we're just all enjoying the current relative success so much after years of sh*te, that many people are a bit jumpy about anything that might derail it (eg any negativity towards AP frightens us).

I think the question Glasgow asks is fair enough (I can't believe I just typed that) - considering the minute amount of serious 'Pardew out' posts, why are so many people people getting so worked up about it?

Quite.

I've been slated all season for being a Pardew out person despite never, ever, once, ever saying anything even resembling anthing remotely close to "pardew out". Not once. Ever.

All I've ever said was with the resources he has had we should expect a level of performance and results to reflect that. Standard targets you would expect anywhere, and at any football club.

It's the "stick with the manager regardless" types that infect football clubs with the stench of complancey, laziness and blame-someone-else culture.

Thankfully, Pardew and Cortese agree with me and not the "don't worry about winning, you've got a job for life" brigade.

I think that we're just all enjoying the current relative success so much after years of sh*te, that many people are a bit jumpy about anything that might derail it (eg any negativity towards AP frightens us).

But the REALLY bizarre thing about this, is that so many think it is all down to AP, nothing to do with ML or NC, and are not in the slightest concerned about them walking away if their plan (due to the nature of the team management) fails to materialise and SFC starts to look like an endless money drain.

SOGGY and others can criticise the likes of NC all they like for their over-ambition (impatience), but they have bankrolled the renaissance of this club, so they expect it to be done on their terms.

What I am trying to say, in a somewhat messy manner, is that if I were face with the choice between AP staying and keeping the support of NC and ML (who we understand are a package), then the answer doesnt even bear discussion...

I don't remember you being quite so philosophical and magnanimous about his performance earlier on in the season, isn't this what politicians call positive spin?

Meh, I think you're fingering the wrong guy! I was delighted when Pardew was appointed.... :o

But the REALLY bizarre thing about this, is that so many think it is all down to AP, nothing to do with ML or NC, and are not in the slightest concerned about them walking away if their plan (due to the nature of the team management) fails to materialise and SFC starts to look like an endless money drain.

SOGGY and others can criticise the likes of NC all they like for their over-ambition (impatience), but they have bankrolled the renaissance of this club, so they expect it to be done on their terms.

What I am trying to say, in a somewhat messy manner, is that if I were face with the choice between AP staying and keeping the support of NC and ML (who we understand are a package), then the answer doesnt even bear discussion...

Spot on.

Of course, utimately we need NC and ML more than we need AP, but I don't think it's something we actually need worry about at present. AP is doing a great job IMO and I don't really think there is any rift at all.

Personally I think you have read too much into NC's statements earlier this season, and whether you mean to or not you have been scaremongering ever since by speculating about NC not being happy with AP's performance.

In the current climate, where we have come off the back of years with no stablity and a club divided and depressed, people are always going to react badly to the suggestion that things might not be as stable as they seem, because we are terrified that this current situation will not last (well, I am).

LOL, he certainly has the gift for avoiding answering questions!!!

If Alpine is akin to a politician, then you're certainly up for the Paxman award of apeing the most annoying political presenter.

The second most annoying thing after having a politician avoid answering a question is to have the presenter repeating time and time again ad nauseum "answer the question - a simple yes or no will suffice"

I feel sure that I have had a recollection somewhere buried in the mists of time on here, that you have accused others of only seeing a problem in black or white. I would be much obliged if you would kindly attempt to explain to me why you somehow believe that requiring an answer as either yes or no, is not in itself a request for the very type of black or white response that you would label as being either narrow-minded, naive or simplistic.

Do you see the irony here, by any chance?

If Alpine is akin to a politician, then you're certainly up for the Paxman award of apeing the most annoying political presenter.

The second most annoying thing after having a politician avoid answering a question is to have the presenter repeating time and time again ad nauseum "answer the question - a simple yes or no will suffice"

I feel sure that I have had a recollection somewhere buried in the mists of time on here, that you have accused others of only seeing a problem in black or white. I would be much obliged if you would kindly attempt to explain to me why you somehow believe that requiring an answer as either yes or no, is not in itself a request for the very type of black or white response that you would label as being either narrow-minded, naive or simplistic.

The only irony he sees is in the washing basket.

You have completely missed the point here Wes. Yes I am a shades of grey man (as opposed to a shades of black ;) ). All I am doing is trying to get Alpine to fess up. Personally I think that Pardew has done more than enough to prove his is good enough (and ambitious enough) to carry on his rebuilding job next season but I don't think that Alps believs that himself. So it was a cheeky attempt to get him to a) at least answer a question and b) let us all know where he nails his colours.

Of course we know where he nails his colours and that is not on this manager's mast if he loses another match or two..thing is every managers gets things wrong ad lose matches - it just seems like ours are not allowed to?

As for the paraphrasing again Alps, please get it right. I have no problem with NC's ambition (over ambition as you bizarely put it). What I have an issue with is the fact he went public when it should have been done behind closed doors between him and Pardew. Also the fact that it would be nice to see him give Pardew some praise for the good job he has done this season. To me his announcement smacked very much at putting distance between him and us not getting promotion. No doubt he saw the stick that Lowe got and has decided very early on that the buck stops with the manager (even if he does call the shots on the transfers).

We ALL want promotion don't we? It is just that there are some people who can see why it was going to be tough this season and if we have to wait another season so be it. I assume that ML and NC both saw it like this when they announced their 5 year plan - unless it was promotion this year and 4 years to get our of the CCC????

Personally I don't see why it is a problem to support someone who is obviously committed to doing his best for us and has already won some silverware. This constant sniping when he drops a point or three is what winds me up. By all means criticise players bought or tactics, but with APs record for us thus far to come out with "I am not calling for his head yet" seems more than a little previous to me and very disrepectful to a good manager doing a good job.

At the end of the day it really doesn't make any diffrence does it? Alpine is very hard on managers (oddly apart from Pearson who only managed to win 3 out of 13 matches for us) but thats the way he is. It is all a bit of internet banter but I am not the only one who gets irritated by Alpine's negativity and attitude on here am I?

Just a word in Cortese's ear.

Add our ten point deduction back on and win our game in hand and technically, we are a point off 2nd. And we've won the JPT - not bad at all.

No mean feat considering the many factors he had to overcome:

- Ingrained losing mentality

- No pre-season

- Threadbare squad (and full of youngsters)

- No time to 'gel' new signings

- 10 point deduction

- Pyschological effect of the deduction

Incredible, really.

hope some of the keyboard tapping/dont attend games brigade read this, spot and indeed on!

You have completely missed the point here Wes. Yes I am a shades of grey man (as opposed to a shades of black ;) ). All I am doing is trying to get Alpine to fess up. Personally I think that Pardew has done more than enough to prove his is good enough (and ambitious enough) to carry on his rebuilding job next season but I don't think that Alps believs that himself. So it was a cheeky attempt to get him to a) at least answer a question and b) let us all know where he nails his colours.

Of course we know where he nails his colours and that is not on this manager's mast if he loses another match or two..thing is every managers gets things wrong ad lose matches - it just seems like ours are not allowed to?

As for the paraphrasing again Alps, please get it right. I have no problem with NC's ambition (over ambition as you bizarely put it). What I have an issue with is the fact he went public when it should have been done behind closed doors between him and Pardew. Also the fact that it would be nice to see him give Pardew some praise for the good job he has done this season. To me his announcement smacked very much at putting distance between him and us not getting promotion. No doubt he saw the stick that Lowe got and has decided very early on that the buck stops with the manager (even if he does call the shots on the transfers).

We ALL want promotion don't we? It is just that there are some people who can see why it was going to be tough this season and if we have to wait another season so be it. I assume that ML and NC both saw it like this when they announced their 5 year plan - unless it was promotion this year and 4 years to get our of the CCC????

Personally I don't see why it is a problem to support someone who is obviously committed to doing his best for us and has already won some silverware. This constant sniping when he drops a point or three is what winds me up. By all means criticise players bought or tactics, but with APs record for us thus far to come out with "I am not calling for his head yet" seems more than a little previous to me and very disrepectful to a good manager doing a good job.

At the end of the day it really doesn't make any diffrence does it? Alpine is very hard on managers (oddly apart from Pearson who only managed to win 3 out of 13 matches for us) but thats the way he is. It is all a bit of internet banter but I am not the only one who gets irritated by Alpine's negativity and attitude on here am I?

Like any good politician he hide behind quotes and misquotes.

Bottom line...he doesnt rate pardew....all in my opinion of course...

Just like he didt rate most of the previous managers...

He must have a T1 Line with constant feed thats all i can say...

You have completely lost me with this one Alpine. The only thing I see in the washing basket is washing???

Do you have a sense of humour deficit? I thought that it was quite a pithy little come back.

So you're a shades of grey man, but Alpine isn't allowed to qualify his response by anything more than a simple yes or no?

Let's see if it works the other way, shall we? You have started up a thread raking over the coals of long ago, asking whether Lowe f*cked up over the timing of the club going into administration.

Personally, I believe that he did f*ck it all up and landed us with the -10 points deficit. I don't need to qualify my opinion, as I am now able to ask you what your position is.

Do you think that Lowe f*cked up the timing of the administration?

A simple yes or no will suffice.

No. I will qualify that if you like. If you read the thread and the posts from people who have a reasonable idea what they are talking about it is apparent that Barclays not Lowe determined when we went into administration.

You obviously dodn't read my original reply about the yes or no issue.

As for his "pithy" come back. Really? Alpine doing pithy is like Alpine supporting a manager.

Still, it is nice that he is building up a small support group. Care in the community and all that ;)

Your another one who will never forgive me for not joining the hanging party. Interesting to see that even people like Duncan are reappraising their view of the old CEO.

As for shades of grey, probably better than shades of black. Sorry, just trying to match Alpine's attempt trying to take the pith.

We go a man down, he throws on a striker for a defender and that super substitute crosses for Barnard (also a sub) to nod in at the back post.

Great tactics from a great manager that receives far too much stick from some of the idiots on here.

Regardless of whether he gets us promoted this season, I have faith that he has what it takes to not only take us to the Championship next year but also win the league.

COYR!

....and back to the thread!

No. I will qualify that if you like. If you read the thread and the posts from people who have a reasonable idea what they are talking about it is apparent that Barclays not Lowe determined when we went into administration.

You obviously dodn't read my original reply about the yes or no issue.

As for his "pithy" come back. Really? Alpine doing pithy is like Alpine supporting a manager.

Still, it is nice that he is building up a small support group. Care in the community and all that ;)

Your another one who will never forgive me for not joining the hanging party. Interesting to see that even people like Duncan are reappraising their view of the old CEO.

As for shades of grey, probably better than shades of black. Sorry, just trying to match Alpine's attempt trying to take the pith.

Dear oh dear.

I wonder if you realise just how obsessed and embarassing your posts appear.

Of course, Lowe was completely shocked by Barclays bouncing a cheque and forcing us into admin wasnt he, because he was so sure that the clubs finances were fine and admin wasnt imminent....

That is even more condemning of the man, since there is a story on here that he told Anthony Salz a few weeks earlier admin was immiment. Does he suffer bipolar personality disorder ? I dont think so...

Was he really so sure his "genius" set-up of club and PLC being separate would prevent the point deduction ? Condemn the man even further then, since that may sound good in corporate law, but it was clearly not in the spirit of the FL rule, and the FL being a private club means they can interpret the rules how they like.

Did he bother speaking to the FL before Barclays bounced the cheque, having already admitted to Salz the club was on the edge ???

No ???

Bang to rights, imo...

anyway back to the thread......

At the turn of the year I was not 100% convinced by Pardew, I felt there were still a few questions that needed to be answered. I think NC may have had similar feelings.

I feel that whatever happens between now and the end of the season, pards has answered those questions beyond doubt.

He has bought fantastically, the players are super motivated (I loved seeing 3 players challenging for the header that bought Barnards goal in the last minute), we have options tactically, and he has massively improved some of our undertperforming youngsters last year. goals goals goals

oh year and our first trophy for 25+ years!

Very good season, looking forward to next year whatever league we are in

hopefully NC is happy with pards now

Alpine. you need to re tune the focus control in your brain and eyes. Its you that is obsessed and constantly posts negative and embarassing posts.

I know sad old git and a number of other sensible and more than educated people on here you put down and are abusive to on a regular basis.

I chuckle when you try to do battle with them but your efforts are so futile.

SOG can more than take care of himself in a war of words.

anyway if you have got time on your hands perhaps you can do the irony

on the washing basket. but then you would only do some irony in order to have a debate of whether your washing basket was half full or half empty!

Dear oh dear.

I wonder if you realise just how obsessed and embarassing your posts appear.

Of course, Lowe was completely shocked by Barclays bouncing a cheque and forcing us into admin wasnt he, because he was so sure that the clubs finances were fine and admin wasnt imminent....

That is even more condemning of the man, since there is a story on here that he told Anthony Salz a few weeks earlier admin was immiment. Does he suffer bipolar personality disorder ? I dont think so...

Was he really so sure his "genius" set-up of club and PLC being separate would prevent the point deduction ? Condemn the man even further then, since that may sound good in corporate law, but it was clearly not in the spirit of the FL rule, and the FL being a private club means they can interpret the rules how they like.

Did he bother speaking to the FL before Barclays bounced the cheque, having already admitted to Salz the club was on the edge ???

No ???

Bang to rights, imo...

Alps , 'a STORY on here ' he told Salz. Ah there is a man who was our saviour Lol.

I dont want to go back and go over all the old ground so please do not distort the past to try and get 1 up on SOG.

RL did things the correct way legally and was assured by top London Lawyers that the -10 point penalty was not enforceable,due to the way the company was set up.

Those top lawyers obviously did not factor in the FL's ability to play with the rules to suit and threaten expulsion or further penalties if we did try.Add to the fact that the legal case would have run and run and we may not have ever got a buyer and so been wound up.

At the end of the day we came out in a fantastic shape, I doubt anyone would argue that, but watching the Pompey situation where they seem to have gone about everything the wrong way and against all fair and normal accounting ways. Perhaps we should have done the same and bent every rule in the book.

As a worrying aside, i had contact with a friend who is involved in the FL and he said you wont make propmotion this season, but walk it next.....but with a different manager. When pressed he would not say why.

As a worrying aside, i had contact with a friend who is involved in the FL and he said you wont make propmotion this season, but walk it next.....but with a different manager. When pressed he would not say why.

A few fair weather posters have said (on here) pardew will go one way or another in the summer

I looked at the thread. Yes, there were a few who wanted AP out. They are entitled to their opinions, however knee-jerk or unreasoned. The biggest chuckle I got was from Dalek2003 who, whilst not anti-AP, is still banging his Glenn Hoddle drum, after all these years. He doesn't mention Hoddle by name, but it's clear who he means.

Please, please stop it, for all of our sakes, and your sanity. Get over it mate - it really isn't going to happen. ;)

It is no secret that I would like to see Hoddle back at the club. He could be very useful in a coaching position.

Alps , 'a STORY on here ' he told Salz. Ah there is a man who was our saviour Lol.

I dont want to go back and go over all the old ground so please do not distort the past to try and get 1 up on SOG.

RL did things the correct way legally and was assured by top London Lawyers that the -10 point penalty was not enforceable,due to the way the company was set up.

Those top lawyers obviously did not factor in the FL's ability to play with the rules to suit and threaten expulsion or further penalties if we did try.Add to the fact that the legal case would have run and run and we may not have ever got a buyer and so been wound up.

At the end of the day we came out in a fantastic shape, I doubt anyone would argue that, but watching the Pompey situation where they seem to have gone about everything the wrong way and against all fair and normal accounting ways. Perhaps we should have done the same and bent every rule in the book.

Nope, not having this.

Even assuming your version of events for one minute, it seems Lowe was talking to everyone except the people who should have been talking to - the FL. He should have been proactive enough to get their interpretation of the rules before consulting with fancy-dan lawyers about the corporate status of the club, which actually has nothing to do with membership of a private organisation.

It is a measure of the man that he went with the Lawyers's view and didnt pay more attention to the FL. The decision to dock us points has nothing to do with law.

Oh, and as for your last paragraph, forgive me for paying that as much attention as you do to the Salz story...