Alan Pardew

SamKimish

It is typical of most League 1 Clubs

I noticed a week or so that apart from Charlton all other attendances were less than 10000

Yeovil have a number of players out of contract at the end of the season, but they do not offer new deals until near the end of the campaign, as they know what their budget is.

Dean Bowditch, the No.14 that started today is one such example.

Why do people on here LOVE (love, love) to moan about the moaners...?

Why cant people just accept that everyone is different and everyone has different views, opinions and expectations.

GIANT Yawn

You must have been devastated when Barnard scored yesterday, hope you are feeling better now.

The trouble with the Moaning Minnies is that they fail to bother to look at the Bigger Picture and everything is about the last result. Irrespective of the fact that Pardew has done a fanstastic job they still can't quite bring themselves to give him 100% backing because they want to leave themselves free to have room to slag him off the minute we lose another match. One of the ring leaders of the MMs said the other day that he wasn't calling for Pardew's head "yet." Pretty much says it all.

There is not one team in any 4 of the divsions who has not dropped points to "inferior" teams or played badly on occasions. Why FFS should Pardew's team be any different?

And before C B Fry slags this post off....if you ready it very carefully you will see that I am backing Pardew.

Even by the MMs standards surely the bloke has done enough this season to justify support for next season????

Edited by sadoldgit
spelling

The trouble with the Moaning Minnies is that they fail to bother to look at the Bigger Picture and everything is about the last result. Irrespective of the facxt that Pardew has done a fanstastic result they still can't quite bring themselves to give him 100% backing beacsue they want to leave themselves fre to have room to slag him off the minute we lose another match. One of the ring leaders of the MMs said the other day that he wasn't calling for Pardew's head "yet." Pretty much says it all.

There is not one team in any 4 of the divsions who has not dropped points to "inferior" teams or played badly on occasions. Why FFS sgould Parde's team be aby different?

And before C B Fry slags this pos off....if you ready it very carefully you will see that I am backing Pardew.

Even by the MMs standards surely the bloke has done enough this season to justify support for next season????

Obsessed.

Alpine thanks for staying off the match thread yesterday. Its was bad enough with all the ups and down of those posting but at least with you being away I didnt become suicidal. Thanks can you find some gardening to do on tuesday night?

Right of to Yesanby have to do a a training hike in preparation for the other bunch of heroes I support The Help the Heroes charity

Just a word in Cortese's ear.

Add our ten point deduction back on and win our game in hand and technically, we are a point off 2nd. And we've won the JPT - not bad at all.

No mean feat considering the many factors he had to overcome:

- Ingrained losing mentality

- No pre-season

- Threadbare squad (and full of youngsters)

- No time to 'gel' new signings

- 10 point deduction

- Pyschological effect of the deduction

Incredible, really.

I don't remember you being quite so philosophical and magnanimous about his performance earlier on in the season, isn't this what politicians call positive spin?

I've not got any gripes with Pardew except his substitutions, which are sometimes a bit random and ill-timed, but today he got it spot on it seems. Nice to see him being positive and gunning for the 3 points rather than sending Wotton on to hoof the ball out of the stadium...

One thing I have noticed though is that this is a criticism levelled at most managers at most levels.

Fergie took stick for not bringing on Berbatov against Bayern the other week. I live with an Everton fan and he is forever bemoaning Moyes' subs, yet I don't see many questioning thee job he has done there.

And well, finally, Rafa...need we say any more on that fat Spanish waiter? How that man has gone so far is beyond me

Obsessed.

LOL, once again avoided the point.

So come on then Alpine, are you going to come out and support the manager for next season or not?

Of course I already know the answer because your posts are so predictable every time we draw or lose.

Out of 12,000+ posts it is amazing that you actually manage to avoid so many questions asked of you.

Alpine thanks for staying off the match thread yesterday. Its was bad enough with all the ups and down of those posting but at least with you being away I didnt become suicidal. Thanks can you find some gardening to do on tuesday night?

If you are so mentally unstable that you contemplate suicide over someone elses comments, I suggest the best course all round is for you to avoid this site. Completely.

Ah, so you think that it was directed at you then Alpine? So something has started to register. Feel free to deny that you come on and moan most days (I think the description very apt)...but please don't be so pathetic to use this as an excuse (once again) to duck out of answering a straight question.

You have called me (and others) far worse. Grow a pair, man up and be honest.

Will you or will you not back this manager 100% for next season?

Ah, so you think that it was directed at you then Alpine? So something has started to register. Feel free to deny that you come on and moan most days (I think the description very apt)...but please don't be so pathetic to use this as an excuse (once again) to duck out of answering a straight question.

You have called me (and others) far worse. Grow a pair, man up and be honest.

Will you or will you not back this manager 100% for next season?

Have you actually read my posts on this thread or is simply a case of "Oh we won, lets go and feed my obsession with baiting alpine"

You need serious help. I have stated my position on AP countless times, and it is not what you try to mis-represent, and I gave him significant credit yesterday.

You really need f*cking help.

It is typical of most League 1 Clubs

I noticed a week or so that apart from Charlton all other attendances were less than 10000

looking at our away games...were we frequently took 1500-2000 fans.

Leeds 25948, Norwich 23103, Charlton 19441, Hudd 12449, Swindon 11673 Millwall 11524, and MK Dons 10570

are the only games which attracted more than 10,000...the average of ALL the others was +/- 7000.

Of 20 League games at SMS only 2 were under 18,000 and 2 were over 30K. Great support , eh ?

so much so, that you reckon it should take pardew 3 season to challenge

yes, you really rate him

Oh dear, and i thought that C B Fry and Alpine were the only posters on here who could read a point and completely change it to suit their own agendas.

Not once have I said that it would take Pardew 3 seasons to challenge. I said it took that long for McMennemy to get promoted (and in that time these people would have called for him to be sacked no doubt).

After the start we had I said that promotion was unlikely (not impossible you will note). I still think it will be a tall order.

I supported Pardew when others were suggesting that he was on barrowed time. I simply said he was a decent manager and deserved time to get it right (which he is doing).

I have NEVER put a timeframe on his job or what I would expect him to achieve.

But don't let that stop you making up nonsense so you can support someone who seems to get off on negativity and getting rid of managers.

Sometimes I agree with you DD and sometimes I don't, but I gave you more credit than to stoop to the tactics of these others.

Oh dear, and i thought that C B Fry and Alpine were the only posters on here who could read a point and completely change it to suit their own agendas.

Not once have I said that it would take Pardew 3 seasons to challenge. I said it took that long for McMennemy to get promoted (and in that time these people would have called for him to be sacked no doubt).

After the start we had I said that promotion was unlikely (not impossible you will note). I still think it will be a tall order.

I supported Pardew when others were suggesting that he was on barrowed time. I simply said he was a decent manager and deserved time to get it right (which he is doing).

But don't let that stop you making up nonsense so you can support someone who seems to get off on negativity and getting rid of managers.

Sometimes I agree with you DD and sometimes I don't, but I gave you more credit than to stoop to the tactics of these others.

What you think doesnt matter. What NC thinks does, and it is apparent that in both these cases he has thought differently to you.

Steady on. SOGGY doesnt like facts that arent dated in the 70s.

Strange that isn't Alpine, as I have recently published Pardew's stats which I believe are for the 2009/10 season??? You will recall Burley's stats too and Strachan's etc etc.

Come on and answer the question. Are you backing Pardew for next season are not???

What you think doesnt matter. What NC thinks does, and it is apparent that in both these cases he has thought differently to you.

Answer the question please.

No what I think doesn't matter, but judging by the huge number of posts you have made you think what you do does.... ;)

Edited by sadoldgit

Strange that isn't Alpine, as I have recently published Pardew's stats which I believe are for the 2009/10 season??? You will recall Burley's stats too and Strachan's etc etc.

Come on and answer the question. Are you backing Pardew for next season are not???

Answered already, and this isnt a court and you arent a barrack-room lawyer.

I am just going out Alps, but here is your challenge, in one word, yes or no, is Alan Pardew the man for us next season or not? Just one word mind!

Look forward to the yes or no by the time I get back.

What have courts and barrack room lawwyers got to do with anything? I have asked you a simple question which you seem hell bent on ignoring.

Yes or no?

My sympathies that you have either reading problems or such a driving determination to get one over on people that you post without reading first.

Nope, and you have no "f*cking" right to demand it of me. He was throwing insults on that post within 5 words, so any point he may or may not have had is completely lost.

His post was referring to Glasgow, the fact you thought he was talking about you just proves you KNOW how miserable the majority of your posts come across as.

Hey, how am I involved here? I am new and happy Glasgow.

Yes, so you keep saying.

Well I don't swallow it for one second. Who are you and what have you done with the old GS eh?

Kidnapped him I'll wager and tied and gagged in a lock-up in Govan.

Well I'm onto you.:smt106

Yes, so you keep saying.

Well I don't swallow it for one second. Who are you and what have you done with the old GS eh?

Kidnapped him I'll wager and tied and gagged in a lock-up in Govan.

Well I'm onto you.:smt106

Hi Ron,

Its me (same Glasgow)

Im re-born and happy.

I just want everyone to get along, be happy (like me) and be kind to each other.

I am H.A.P.P.Y sing it with me.

Hi Ron,

Its me (same Glasgow)

Im re-born and happy.

I just want everyone to get along, be happy (like me) and be kind to each other.

I am H.A.P.P.Y sing it with me.

Nae way - yoor lyin', so y'ar pal.

Now tek a tellin' will ye, or I'm gonnae phone the Polis -

And you'll get the Jail, so you will.

Tongs ya bass!

I almost feel sorry for Pardew, or any manager, because football is so far away from being an exact science. Fortunately they get well enough paid for my sympathy to be limited.

But looking at the decision on formation and strikers - Saints have arguably the best 3 strikers in this league and there must be strong case to start each game with at least two of them. Often when Pardew starts with one striker, the goals only come after he switches to two during the game. But then you get the incredible result at Bristol Rovers, that turns that theory on its head, followed by the same team failing to score at Yeovil until the last minute, by which time there are 3 strikers on the pitch! On the other hand, if the header from Fonte or Seaborne (depends which report you read) from Puncheon's corner after 5 minutes, had not been cleared off the line, the game may have been totally different.

How can Pardew possibly predict what the outcome will be from any formation that he plays?

I almost feel sorry for Pardew, or any manager, because football is so far away from being an exact science. Fortunately they get well enough paid for my sympathy to be limited.

But looking at the decision on formation and strikers - Saints have arguably the best 3 strikers in this league and there must be strong case to start each game with at least two of them. Often when Pardew starts with one striker, the goals only come after he switches to two during the game. But then you get the incredible result at Bristol Rovers, that turns that theory on its head, followed by the same team failing to score at Yeovil until the last minute, by which time there are 3 strikers on the pitch! On the other hand, if the header from Fonte or Seaborne (depends which report you read) from Puncheon's corner after 5 minutes, had not been cleared off the line, the game may have been totally different.

How can Pardew possibly predict what the outcome will be from any formation that he plays?

I think the variable may just be 'the other team' and whether or not they are going to have a go at us or not..

Alpine can e objective. CBFRY is a different matter altogether. Never admits to being in the wrong. The most arrogant poster on this site.

My sympathies that you have either reading problems or such a driving determination to get one over on people that you post without reading first.

All I have seen you say is that you are not calling for his head "yet".

I have asked for a yes or no answer to the question are you backing our manager for next season. This is not tring to get one over on you. I am simply trying to discover whether you think that Pardew is the man to take us forward next season.

So then Alpine, once again. Yes or no?

This is exactly why you can't guarantee to buy your way out of this or any other league. What looks good on paper does not always produce on the pitch. The trick is to pick the team and the tactics to get a result on the day and then to make changes if things aren't going to plan. For the more successful managers they get it right more often than not but even Wenger can and does get it wrong and so does everyone else.

All managers have a hard job. On the plus side for them, most of them get rewarded very well for failure!

What a load of wind and p=ss. We've finally got a manager with charisma and talent, backed by a board with cash and hunger for success. We might not make it this year but we've given it a bloody good go, whatever happens I've enjoyed this season a hell of a lot more then many previous ones. Anyone who thinks different can suck sh1t through a sweaty sock

Regards