Yeovil (0) v (1) Saints,post match chat...

saint lard

Not being rude derry.....Unfortunately you come across as if you are the head coach:prayer:..... and Pards has so much to learn from you.....

To be fair you did give Pards credit earlier in this thread....Maybe he is learning from your many coaching posts on this forum...

To be fair you have some good ideas but you are not a pro football coach in my opinion......I still believe you and your friends have an axe to grind re Pards and NC...My opinion on what I have seen of your threads re Pards and co.

We haven't an axe to grind but we generally agree on what we like. However one or two are close to the club so at times we hear things.

You are quite right, I am not a pro football coach but that doesn't disqualify my preferences any more than yours or anyone elses. I have no problem discussing opposing views but can't be bothered with rudeness.

The same people that go overboard on occasions also are amongst the same ones who can turn on a manager in fairly short order. I'm not doing that but I am not convinced.

Why do some of you on here, not give Derry a break. He is a decent guy, Whom I have got to know personally over the past year. He has his own opinions, like us all on this

board, and although I may beg to differ with him on occasions, I will re-iterate he is a

thoroughly likeable chap.

Why do some of you on here, not give Derry a break. He is a decent guy, Whom I have got to know personally over the past year. He has his own opinions, like us all on this

board, and although I may beg to differ with him on occasions, I will re-iterate he is a

The 'three scottish miners' were priceless.

Fair comment mate..

Sorry:cool:.... if I have upset you or derry.....I can only state that it was frustration on my part..

To be fair to derry, I was the same about Rupes and his coaching helpers..JP and Wotte. :smt073

I know that his group (derry )are all Saints supporters and will grow to Luv Pards eventually..:cool:

Joys of the internet many likeable people come across as tossers through a computer screen. Just take me for example.

I don't know derry apart from his computer persona and well to put it bluntly he comes across as arrogant with his views, doesn't mean he's not a nice bloke in the real world. Many of us don't translate well on the internet.

Lowe didn't exactly trash the club though did he, that was left to the wilde bunch spending money in the hope of promotion.
The club was trashed by Lowe the minute that we were relegated from the Premiership under his watch. Wilde was the meat in the sandwich until Lowe returned with the Double Dutch and finished the job that he started, the coup de grace.

derry.....Just for my benefit...What is the discredited Scottish Labour chappie candidate business....all about?

I am not saying Pards is the best coach in the world......That would be me...

But he ain't half bad and is certainly doing the business for me and many others..

As you say, it is all about different opinions.....I will have to accept that you do not rate him......

Didn't mean to be rude.....I am usually very good with much older peeps than myself....

'Coffin dodgers'

He just comes across NARROW minded at times.

Some of us, like Derry, like to have a bit of intelligent debate. If you disagree, then argue, but keep to the point. Witless insults and feeble put-downs are not very useful.

I might with respect suggest internet forums are not the place for intelligent debate, that's better saved for the pub after the match.

I will introduce you to him if you identify yourself on Tuesday at the game. David says he does not know who you are but Henri keeps smiling when I mention you as a poster. He knows but won't say.

DL does not know i actually post on here ,as for the pop at derry it was a joke about his constant gripes about our way of playing i`m sure he is a lovely old codger,wont be at the game to far to come.

There are managers whose teams play the sort of football I like to see. Disregarding top managers who are out of reach. I rate Paul Lambert, Lee Clark, Danny Wilson, Sean O'Driscoll and Eddie Howe also.

Next season will probably be a better time to see what Pardew is producing. Having seen all the home games this season, quite a few have been poor.

Thanks for answering.

At least you always put reasoned suggestions to go with the criticisms or analysis.

IMHO Don't think the new guys would have gone anywhere near a "good up and coming" manager at the time they bought the club. They had no experience of football and were always going to choose experience as I'm pretty sure they had no idea what they were doing from day one other than working to a plan. (Not done a bad job of it either TBH)

Next time around may be a different set of circumstances.

Lambert was recommended to me by a Jock mate as one we should have gone for back in the NP days and would agree with that

If someone hid a bomb under your house, with a timer to blow up one year later, would it be an obsession to be pissed off at the time it blows up, even though the bomb was planted a year earlier?

Our "obsession" will officially be over if Saints:

a) finish more than 10 points behind 6th, or

b) make the playoffs and get promoted, or

c) make the playoffs and fail to get promoted, provided they had finished more than 10 points from 2nd.

We lost 10 points but gained a billionaire. Seems like a fair swap to me ;-)

If someone hid a bomb under your house, with a timer to blow up one year later, would it be an obsession to be pissed off at the time it blows up, even though the bomb was planted a year earlier?

Our "obsession" will officially be over if Saints:

a) finish more than 10 points behind 6th, or

b) make the playoffs and get promoted, or

c) make the playoffs and fail to get promoted, provided they had finished more than 10 points from 2nd.

The late decision by Lowe is the most important factor, but the team could also have won those enough points last season for the 10 points to have been applied then and not carried over.

Surely, you can love Pards for what he has given usthis season in terms of results, improvement, attitude, passion, and committment... but also express your opinion on your preferred style and questions on tactics etc...is that not what normal fans do all the time?

I think the problem some have when ever anyone raises a question about Pards, is that we have suffered for so long, that to get to a point where there is an obvious recovery, some great results, an obvious push for promotion etc, it can seem churlish to expect more or something different...but that does not make the points any less valid.

I believe Pards will get us promoted - more likely next season, with a set of results that will amke us proud... but there will be times when questions are still raised about our style and performances and that is only natural.

I thought you thought he was a bit lightweight and crap, based on your then experience of never seeing him play.

Wrong on all counts.

Yes, I called him lightweight. I accept the feedback on here that he has worked on the physical side of his game this season.

I never called him crap.

I have seen him play.

D-. Must try harder...