The Truth about Nick Clegg

dune

It's common sense that an amnesty will encourage more illegal immigration just like it's common sense that paying randsoms will encourage more kidknappings by Somali pirates.

You really think that potential immigrants will be thinking "oh good, so if I manage to sneak into Britain and hide in the shadows for 10 years they might make me a citizen, sounds like a good deal, when's the next boat?".

Come on, the Tories and Labour hide behind this line of 'we will deport them all' because they basically have NO plan for dealing with existing illegal immigrants.

We are not going to be able to deport them all, that is just pie in the sky stuff. Basically the alternative is to leave them be as illegal immigrants, which just sends out the same message anyway, that anybody can come here and blend in illegally and we wont do much about it.

The theory that a one off amnesty would encourage more illegal immigrants than if we just ignored it is, in my opinion, completely flawed and has no basis in common sense.

But Dune/Stanley/Mole/Sword of honour or whaterever various names he uses has sent me a PM saying he is no longer a Fascist and a BNP voter and now is backing UKIP. I think he needs help.

I've never been a fascist. I've voted BNP as a protest, but now realise that the BNP is for disenfranchised Labour voters and that's not where I want my protest vote to go. I'm now a fully paid up member of UKIP because looking through their policies they are what I believe in and UKIP are the party for for those on the right of the tory party.

I've never been a fascist. I've voted BNP as a protest, but now realise that the BNP is for disenfranchised Labour voters and that's not where I want my protest vote to go. I'm now a fully paid up member of UKIP because looking through their policies they are what I believe in and UKIP are the party for for those on the right of the tory party.

I don't think UKIP are to the right of the Tories, the two parties are virtually identical on every policy except Europe, in which the UKIP want out, while to Tories prefer to allie themselves with extremists...

As wanting to increase trade is generally considered a right wing thing, you could argue that UKIPs hatred of Europe places them to the left of the tories (alternatively they might not be considering the economics of Europe, and instead just allowing their dislike of foreigners to cloud their opinions).

The truth about many Lib/Dems policies is they are written not as some sort of prinicple, but to appeal to both sides in any debate.

In immigration they can say to Tory leaning floating voters, "we're tough on immigration, people will only be allowed in with certain skills and only into areas of the Country with no immigration at present" to the Left leaning voter they can say "we're pro immigration, we will have an amensty".

Same with Trident, they are appealling to the left, by saying they'll scrap it and to the right by saying they'll replace it with a similar system, only cheaper.

On tax Cuts they appeal to the right with a massive tax cut for middle England, but appeal to the left by paying for it with a "mansion tax" and saying they'll take the poorest out of tax altogether (although the poorest hardly pay any tax as it is).The Lib/Dems are pulling the wool over the British voters eyes and the policies dont add up.

What will they replace Trident with, and how can they know the savings they'll make if they dont know what the replacement is.:rolleyes:

How can you have a regional immigration in a small country like ours.:rolleyes:

How are they going to pay for a tax bribe for middle England :rolleyes:

How can they call for a clean up from top to bottom of Parliament when they refuse to give back Michael Brown's stolen money to the people he stole it off. :rolleyes:

My Daughters school are doing some work on elections and have candidates standing for a mock one. I would expect those policies will form part of these 9 year olds manifesto's. I dont really expect to see them from a serious British Party.

The truth about many Lib/Dems policies is they are written not as some sort of prinicple, but to appeal to both sides in any debate.

In immigration they can say to Tory leaning floating voters, "we're tough on immigration, people will only be allowed in with certain skills and only into areas of the Country with no immigration at present" to the Left leaning voter they can say "we're pro immigration, we will have an amensty".

Same with Trident, they are appealling to the left, by saying they'll scrap it and to the right by saying they'll replace it with a similar system, only cheaper.

On tax Cuts they appeal to the right with a massive tax cut for middle England, but appeal to the left by paying for it with a "mansion tax" and saying they'll take the poorest out of tax altogether (although the poorest hardly pay any tax as it is).The Lib/Dems are pulling the wool over the British voters eyes and the policies dont add up.

What will they replace Trident with, and how can they know the savings they'll make if they dont know what the replacement is.:rolleyes:

How can you have a regional immigration in a small country like ours.:rolleyes:

How are they going to pay for a tax bribe for middle England :rolleyes:

How can they call for a clean up from top to bottom of Parliament when they refuse to give back Michael Brown's stolen money to the people he stole it off. :rolleyes:

My Daughters school are doing some work on elections and have candidates standing for a mock one. I would expect those policies will form part of these 9 year olds manifesto's. I dont really expect to see them from a serious British Party.

Centralist party attempts to attract voters from around it shocker!! You should work for the mail.

Lets take the immigration point for starters. Exactly what is wrong with saying 'We will have an amnesty for those that have been here 10 years but put in place more controls to stop more illegal immigration'. Both quite sensible and complementary and yet you appear to think their are not?

while to Tories prefer to allie themselves with extremists...

Polish president Lech Kaczynski's PIS Party were part of the grouping the Torys sit with.

After his recent death tributes poured in from Barack Obama,Angela Merkel who said “Lech Kaczynski has been a real representative for the interests of his country, he loved his country and he fought for Europe. I knew that he dedicated his whole life to Poland’s and Europe’s freedom.” , Gordon Brown said the whole world would be 'saddened'. Nick Clegg paid tribute to the man, as did The Queen. I doubt very much whether the tributes would have been so wholesome and full of praise if he was an "extremist". Or are these leaders just hypocrite's?

Polish president Lech Kaczynski's PIS Party were part of the grouping the Torys sit with.

After his recent death tributes poured in from Barack Obama,Angela Merkel who said “Lech Kaczynski has been a real representative for the interests of his country, he loved his country and he fought for Europe. I knew that he dedicated his whole life to Poland’s and Europe’s freedom.” , Gordon Brown said the whole world would be 'saddened'. Nick Clegg paid tribute to the man, as did The Queen. I doubt very much whether the tributes would have been so wholesome and full of praise if he was an "extremist". Or are these leaders just hypocrite's?

I think you need to understand that some of the groups in the new tory ragtag and bobtail group are more extreme than others. Just because of of the groups is not particularly extreme does not automatically exclude the others.

Centralist party attempts to attract voters from around it shocker!! You should work for the mail.

Lets take the immigration point for starters. Exactly what is wrong with saying 'We will have an amnesty for those that have been here 10 years but put in place more controls to stop more illegal immigration'. Both quite sensible and complementary and yet you appear to think their are not?

There policy is for regional immigration, how does that work?

Are they to be given passes and told where to live?

Are we going to stop and search immigrant looking people to check they're living in the right place?

Are they allowed to visit and stay with friends in other Non Immigration regions?

What if you're caught living in a non immigration area, can you apply for the amnesty?

Whose checking where these people live, do they have to report to the Police station every week?

It is not workable.

As for an amnesty, if it's easy to check whether someone has been here for 10 years, then it's easy to track them down and throw them out. It appears Lib/Dem policy that if you're a Doc from India wanting to come to the UK, you may get in, but you'll have strict controls on where you work and live ( The BNP would like that one), but if you're a uneducated illigal Somalian ex pirate, you can turn up saying "hi I've been here 10 years", and you can work and live where ever you want.

I would expect my 9 year olds mock election to have better thought out policies than that.

Are we going to stop and search immigrant looking people to check they're living in the right place?

Are they allowed to visit and stay with friends in other Non Immigration regions?

What if you're caught living in a non immigration area, can you apply for the amnesty?

Whose checking where these people live, do they have to report to the Police station every week?

It is not workable.

As for an amnesty, if it's easy to check whether someone has been here for 10 years, then it's easy to track them down and throw them out. It appears Lib/Dem policy that if you're a Doc from India wanting to come to the UK, you may get in, but you'll have strict controls on where you work and live ( The BNP would like that one), but if you're a uneducated illigal Somalian ex pirate, you can turn up saying "hi I've been here 10 years", and you can work and live where ever you want.

I would expect my 9 year olds mock election to have better thought out policies than that.

I will explain it to you later. Got to go to a meeting....

Is this the same PIS whose chairman in 2005 said: "The affirmation of homosexuality will lead to the downfall of civilization. We can't agree to it" ? And whose chairman asked his MoJ to investigate: "‘any crimes of a pedophile nature have been committed by homosexual persons"?

but if you're a uneducated illigal Somalian ex pirate, you can turn up saying "hi I've been here 10 years", and you can work and live where ever you want.

So long as the Somaili pirate can produce evidence to support their claim to have been in the country for 10 years...

So long as the Somaili pirate can produce evidence to support their claim to have been in the country for 10 years...

What evidence?

His pay slips?

Council tax bill?

Knowing the Labour Govt, he'd proberly be able to provide his benefits book.

If he can provide evidence, then he can be found and chucked out.

I have some knowledge of living illigally having done so in the past. For 4 years, I worked in the US and met countless others doing the same. Believe me, there would have been no trace of me, and no way I could prove I'd been living there for 4 years.I paid no tax, had a dodgy driving licence, paid my rent in cash with a false name, and generally went about my daily life leaving no trace. I even got fined $96 for disorderly intoxication and still left no trace.

Sounds like the Pope to me, perhaps Mr Clegg should take up with his his Wife her "aligning" herself with that extremist.

I know you're saying that with tongue firmly in cheek, but had you said it seriously I'd be inclined to agree with you...

What evidence?

His pay slips?

Council tax bill?

Knowing the Labour Govt, he'd proberly be able to provide his benefits book.

If he can provide evidence, then he can be found and chucked out.

I have some knowledge of living illigally having done so in the past. For 4 years, I worked in the US and met countless others doing the same. Believe me, there would have been no trace of me, and no way I could prove I'd been living there for 4 years.I paid no tax, had a dodgy driving licence, paid my rent in cash with a false name, and generally went about my daily life leaving no trace. I even got fined $96 for disorderly intoxication and still left no trace.

Well I guess you could have been there for 4 years or 15 then - if there is no record of you, then you won't get amnesty... you'll simply have alerted the authorities to your existance, whoops.

high proportion of spending to the MoD..?

isnt it at a low point per % of the GDP..?

UKIPs defence policy:

5 Defence

· Boost the military budget by 40% so our armed forces are properly equipped

· Demand one clear achievable mission for Afghanistan or seek a negotiated exit

· Keep Britain’s independent nuclear deterrent strong

· Look after our service heroes with better pay and conditions

· Expand the Army by 25% and double the TA

· Provide more RAF helicopters and aircraft

· Expand the Royal Navy to its 2001 strength, guaranteeing the future of Plymouth, Portsmouth and Rosyth ports

Well I guess you could have been there for 4 years or 15 then - if there is no record of you, then you won't get amnesty... you'll simply have alerted the authorities to your existance, whoops.

So is that the Lib/Dems plan. Come forward for the amnesty, and we'll deport you? I think Mr Griffin might go for that one.

None of the sandal wearers have answered the question. If they can prove they've been here for 10 years and have real evidence, why cant the Lib/Dems track them down and chuck them out?

UKIPs defence policy:

5 Defence

· Boost the military budget by 40% so our armed forces are properly equipped

· Demand one clear achievable mission for Afghanistan or seek a negotiated exit

· Keep Britain’s independent nuclear deterrent strong

· Look after our service heroes with better pay and conditions

· Expand the Army by 25% and double the TA

· Provide more RAF helicopters and aircraft

· Expand the Royal Navy to its 2001 strength, guaranteeing the future of Plymouth, Portsmouth and Rosyth ports

Ouch, spending an extra £15 Billion on armed forces. Wonder how they plan to fund that?

So is that the Lib/Dems plan. Come forward for the amnesty, and we'll deport you? I think Mr Griffin might go for that one.

None of the sandal wearers have answered the question. If they can prove they've been here for 10 years and have real evidence, why cant the Lib/Dems track them down and chuck them out?

Can we afford to lose their tax payments ? ( Somebody has to make up PCFC's shortfall ).

It is not workable.

Right, back from meeting.

The current system as it stands at the moment is that for an immigrant to come in they have to have a job to come to and be sponsored by their prospective employer. Then someone says 'yes you can employ that person' or 'no you can't'.

All the Libdem policy is that at the point where they apply they have to identify where in the country the job will be based. So we are just talking exactly the same as the current system with an extra layer on top to make sure any immigrants go to area's of the country where their arrival can be coped with.

If that person then wants to move to another job somewhere else in the country they will have to apply in exactly the same way as they did when they originally arrived.

Think this one is going round in circles. Labour has been fruitlessly hunting down the immigrents but so far have found it expensive, and largely joyless. The Tories have dreampt up a soundbite about kicking them out, despite not knowing where 'they' are... but heck it goes down well with the skin heads and toffs. The Lib Dems have proposed something different which hasn't really been tested... considering the other policies have failed, isn't trying something new a good idea?

he he "its nice reading the tory loons on here driving more people away from the tory party:D

I think the record viweing at any time on this forum has been 20, normally it's 5-10. What any of us writes won't make the slightest bit of difference.

That said the BNP vote has grown by 50% since the last poll and the UKIP vote has increased from 0 to 2.

Right, back from meeting.

The current system as it stands at the moment is that for an immigrant to come in they have to have a job to come to and be sponsored by their prospective employer. Then someone says 'yes you can employ that person' or 'no you can't'.

All the Libdem policy is that at the point where they apply they have to identify where in the country the job will be based. So we are just talking exactly the same as the current system with an extra layer on top to make sure any immigrants go to area's of the country where their arrival can be coped with.

If that person then wants to move to another job somewhere else in the country they will have to apply in exactly the same way as they did when they originally arrived.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure Mr Clegg said yesterday they have to live in areas where the local services and schools can take them.

How are they going to enforce this?

For example a Doc from India can only work in the UK as a Doc, say in a NHS hospital in my home town of Poole, because there is a shortage. Poole's local services and schools can cope with his family. What if he wants to live in Ealing with his Dad from India's schoolboy friend who moved here years ago, and commute to Poole. The Ealing schools and local services are over run and if he wanted to work in Ealing, would not be able to do so. How do the Lib/Dems stop him living in Ealing, but working in Poole. Are there going to be Border Police on the Train to waterloo, will he have to report to Poole police station weekly,or will the border police call at his given address in Poole to check he's still there. The Lib/Dems are against ID cards for immigrants, so how can we check where he's living?

What happens when his children become 16, are they automatically allowed to work in Ealing or are they restricted to Poole? If he has 6 children and they want to live in an already saturated immigrant area, surely they are going to compound the problem.

Nick Clegg attacked Cameron for setting a limit/number on Immigration, but surely he's done the same only regionally. Once Poole reaches it's limit, no more immigration, Cameron's saying once the UK reaches it's limit, no more immigration , what's the difference?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm sure Mr Clegg said yesterday they have to live in areas where the local services and schools can take them.

How are they going to enforce this?

For example a Doc from India can only work in the UK as a Doc, say in a NHS hospital in my home town of Poole, because there is a shortage. Poole's local services and schools can cope with his family. What if he wants to live in Ealing with his Dad from India's schoolboy friend who moved here years ago, and commute to Poole. The Ealing schools and local services are over run and if he wanted to work in Ealing, would not be able to do so. How do the Lib/Dems stop him living in Ealing, but working in Poole. Are there going to be Border Police on the Train to waterloo, will he have to report to Poole police station weekly,or will the border police call at his given address in Poole to check he's still there. The Lib/Dems are against ID cards for immigrants, so how can we check where he's living?

What happens when his children become 16, are they automatically allowed to work in Ealing or are they restricted to Poole? If he has 6 children and they want to live in an already saturated immigrant area, surely they are going to compound the problem.

Nick Clegg attacked Cameron for setting a limit/number on Immigration, but surely he's done the same only regionally. Once Poole reaches it's limit, no more immigration, Cameron's saying once the UK reaches it's limit, no more immigration , what's the difference?

The person who is sponsoring them must state where the job is going to be based and would be liable for prosecution if it turned out that the job was not where they initially said so there is a legal encouragement for there to be a job in that location.

Anyone employing them elsewhere after that time is supposed to go through checks to make sure they are not employing illegal immigrants so anyone trying to take a job away from their original location will have to pass those checks which, in their case, would be for them to apply to live in the other location.

Obviously there will be some people who may dissapear under the radar once they have arrived but the same is true of anyone coming in under the current system. Surely a system that at least initally directs people to where they are most needed is better than a system without any such control?

comments about border controls etc just show that you don't understand the situation. This is not about controlling peoples movements around the country on a day to day basis. I think there is a reasonable assumption that if someone has a job in a particular location that they will generally try to find somewhere to live nearby. Obviously they could decide to live a considerable distance away and commute but these will be the exceptions rather than the rule.

Edited by pedg

The person who is sponsoring them must state where the job is going to be based and would be liable for prosecution if it turned out that the job was not where they initially said so there is a legal encouragement for there to be a job in that location.

Anyone employing them elsewhere after that time is supposed to go through checks to make sure they are not employing illegal immigrants so anyone trying to take a job away from their original location will have to pass those checks which, in their case, would be for them to apply to live in the other location.

Obviously there will be some people who may dissapear under the radar once they have arrived but the same is try of anyone coming in under the current system. Surely a system that at least initally directs people to where they are most needed is better than a system without any such control?

Clegg said they had to live where local services could take them. How do you enforce this?

How can we stop them commuting from areas that have too much immigration, where Clegg doesn't allow any more immigration, to a job in areas where they can work.

The job permit part I understand, but how do you enforce where they live?

What is the difference between the Tory policy (attacked by Clegg) of a certain number in the UK, and Clegg's of a certain number in certain areas?

That's right, place the burdon of immigration policing onto the small businesses who are already trying to recover from the worst recession since WW2. Great idea that!

Clegg said they had to live where local services could take them. How do you enforce this?

How can we stop them commuting from areas that have too much immigration, where Clegg doesn't allow any more immigration, to a job in areas where they can work.

The job permit part I understand, but how do you enforce where they live?

What is the difference between the Tory policy (attacked by Clegg) of a certain number in the UK, and Clegg's of a certain number in certain areas?

As I added above there has to be an assumption that people will tend to live near where there jobs are. Some may commute but most will try to find places to stay near where their job is based. So you are controlling where they live on a more general level.

That's right, place the burdon of immigration policing onto the small businesses who are already trying to recover from the worst recession since WW2. Great idea that!

But this is what is currently in place at the moment. I.e. at this moment in time businesses are supposed to check they are not employing illegal immigrants. If the businesses don't do the checking who do you think should?

But this is what is currently in place at the moment. I.e. at this moment in time businesses are supposed to check they are not employing illegal immigrants.

It will lead to more checks than are currently necessary as at the moment it is a case of are they elegible to work - yes or no. Under Scrambled's policy, further checks will have to be done on where they are allowed to work. Will it be split by region, county, town, postcode area?

What happens if the immigrant is sacked or made redundant...do they have to leave the country immediately or are they only allowed to look for work in the designated region, county, town, postcode. Who decides what region,county, town and postcode should be? Will the employer then be required to notify the authorities (in case they slip under the radar) as if we have not got enough to be getting on with.

Clegg attacked Cameron's policy of setting a cap on immigration, perhaps one of his many supporters could explain the difference between that, and no immigration in some areas and a cap in others?

The whole thing is a load of ******** and even Scrambled Eggs analogy in the first leaders debate was crap too....he said that should Man U want to sign a player, but the tory cap had been met, then he wouldn't be able to sign for Man U. How is this any different to the North West's cap being met and hence the player could still not sign?

If the businesses don't do the checking who do you think should?

How about Lib Dem voters as they are in favour of it?

The policy is a joke and you know it. At the end of the day, people (illegal or not illegal) will flow to where the money is. This type of 'planned' economy is communism by the back door. If I see anyone wearing sandals tomorrow, I will firmly stamp on their toes. Apologies to any non-liberal sandal wearers, but I'm afraid you will be collateral damage as the ends justifies the means.

Edited by Johnny Bognor

It will lead to more checks than are currently necessary as at the moment it is a case of are they elegible to work - yes or no. Under Scrambled's policy, further checks will have to be done on where they are allowed to work. Will it be split by region, county, town, postcode area?

What happens if the immigrant is sacked or made redundant...do they have to leave the country immediately or are they only allowed to look for work in the designated region, county, town, postcode. Who decides what region,county, town and postcode should be? Will the employer then be required to notify the authorities (in case they slip under the radar) as if we have not got enough to be getting on with.

The whole thing is a load of ******** and even Scrambled Eggs analogy in the first leaders debate was crap too....he said that should Man U want to sign a player, but the tory cap had been met, then he wouldn't be able to sign for Man U. How is this any different to the North West's cap being met and hence the player could still not sign.

The policy is a joke and you know it.

How about Lib Dem voters as they are in favour of it?

One assumes that a lot of this checking is subcontracted to specialist firms. Afterall at the moment how does a business check they are not employing an illegal immigrant? In that case the most it would be would probably be a small increase in the cost of the check.

If some one is sacked then its exactly the same as at the moment in that, I believe, they have a period of time in which they can attempt to find further work before they have to leave. Again the only different is that that further work, if they have found it must be approved based on location as well as the current criteria.

The policy is a joke and you know it. At the end of the day, people (illegal or not illegal) will flow to where the money is. This type of 'planned' economy is communism by the back door. If I see anyone wearing sandals tomorrow, I will firmly stamp on their toes.

A policy with a hard cap with no ability the adapt to changes in situation is a joke in my books but each to their own. Luckily for me I don't find it quite warm enough to wear my sandals just yet...

One assumes that a lot of this checking is subcontracted to specialist firms. Afterall at the moment how does a business check they are not employing an illegal immigrant? In that case the most it would be would probably be a small increase in the cost of the check. .

Phew, let's not only burden the business with the legal responsibility, but lets increase the costs of running their business.

If some one is sacked then its exactly the same as at the moment in that, I believe, they have a period of time in which they can attempt to find further work before they have to leave. Again the only different is that that further work, if they have found it must be approved based on location as well as the current criteria.

So who approves it?

I know, lets create another department of 10,000 sandal wearers on £40k per annum just to fulfil this function, because at the end of the day someone else will have to pay for it.

You lot just don't get it, our nation is going down the toilet and the only way to get out of this mess is to set the small business free.

The policy is a joke and you know it. At the end of the day, people (illegal or not illegal) will flow to where the money is. This type of 'planned' economy is communism by the back door.

Spot on.

There are so many unanswered questions that the Sandal wearers refuse to answer.

How long will thet get to come forward for the amnesty, because surely they wont know which areas need some "regional immigration" and which dont until they see where the amnesty lot are?

Clegg tried to push Cameron on the number that he would cap immigration at, so surely Clegg should answer which regions can take immigrants and how many.

How long can they work in an "allowed immigration" area before they can branch out into another area, or are they stuck there for life.I can see 60 years from now, "Grandpa, how come you lived on the Isle of Wight all your life? " "You'ld better ask that nice Mr Clegg".

Are the wives and Chidren allowed into these controlled immigration areas only? Once the children are of working age, can they move or do they have to stay put?

In the light of their new approach to Politics, perhaps the Lib/dems would answer the questions, rather than throw abuse. I thought they were above that sort of thing. Whilst on the subject of St Nick Clegg's clean up campaign, whens he going to pay back the £2.4million of stolen money from Michael Brown, they've kept?