Honorary Lions Fans for Friday Night..?

St Landrew

i see its cut the wrists time on here. We all knew it was a long(very) shot that relied on other teams results.

So why the defeatest attitudes!

Lets go for it next season!! ;)

Exactly, this team needs to do that, that team needs to do this. Stop worrying about it - we could get tonked at Yeovil, so it would be bloody immaterial anyway. Sit back, enjoy...

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25349&posts=20&highlight=southampton&highlightmode=1#M341321

"Biggest league game in decades"....PMSL. We don't even care about them.

They even call us scummers. PMSL.

Ungrateful little pr*cks. Loaning them players, arranging pre-season friendlies and contributing to the bucket collections at their little dive just to help keep them alive. Jokers. Worst club badge and nickname in the history of English football.

Edited by miltonroad

I think Beckham's goal against Wimbledon was a tap in relative to this long shot. A defeat against Walsall would have given us a shot, but realistically nobody is going to overhaul an 8 point gap in that space of time.

If we could get within 10 points of Charlton, that would be a big moral boost IMO. If Leeds and Millwall go up with Norwich, this League will be a LOT easier, regardless of who comes down.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=25349&posts=20&highlight=southampton&highlightmode=1#M341321

Haha, WTF? Who the **** are they to us?

Why do they even think they have a rivalry with us? Sad. I used to quite like Bournemouth and used to be pleased to see them win. Not even sure why they refer to us as the scum or scummers when we have no history with them to call us that? :confused:

Probably best just to pat them on the head and shuffle them back off in the direction of the beach.

Millwall were rubbish - they would not have scored in a month of Fridays. How did that **** Okinwa or whatever miss that header my gran could have scored that. Prediction Huddersfield will not get another point this season.......................(:

There are still three teams we could overtake on GD if they mess up...i.e. if Charlton or Swindon only manage 1 point from their remaining games we would still be in there assuming we win all remaining games. And the way Huddersfield played against a rubbish Millwall would suggest winning 2 from 3 might be a tall order for them.

It's not over yet people - stay positive.

What I cant believe is that both tames are in the place off places

The reason they are in the playoff is that they have won a lot of points .

Like SFC sometimes they dont play well especially in such an important match

If we had a better start and beaten say Stockport and Brentford at the beginning of the season we would probably been in the playoffs

Huddersfield still have to get 5 points from 3 games to be guaranteed a playoff place which is by no means a certainty

Edited by John B

The reason they are in the playoff is that they have won a lot of points .

Like SFC sometimes they dont play well especially in such an important match

If we had a better start and beaten say Stockport and Brentford at the beginning of the season we would probably been in the playoffs

Huddersfield still have to get 5 points from 3 games to be guaranteed a playoff place which is by no means a certainty

Agreed - in those fixtures we only picked up 3 draws so it's still possible..... just.

Apparently we spent £1m on Puncheon.......?!:rolleyes:

Gotta laugh at them, and I really hope we save up a Bristol Rovers away performance for Dean Court (or whatever it's called now) and a Huddersfield home performance for the SMS game.

There is no doubt in my mind now that we are the best team in this league. Unfortunately we have left it just too late to prove it.

We still have a chance, I think Huddersfield will drop points in their last three games, but ptobably not enough.

I'm looking forward to us playing Bournemouth next season (Dean Court just 15 mins from me), I've always followed them and wanted them to do well. I've never thought of them as rivals until now. Makes me laugh how some people get wound up by some cretins on their forum, we've got our fair share too.

I can quite honestly say that a match against Bournemouth means no more or less to me than a match against Hartlepool, S****horpe or Carlisle, for example. Still, if we can help to brighten up their lives then that is a nice thing.

As to the thread... don't give up. Huddersfield will drop points, let's make sure we don't.

There is no doubt in my mind now that we are the best team in this league. Unfortunately we have left it just too late to prove it.

We still have a chance, I think Huddersfield will drop points in their last three games, but ptobably not enough.

I'm looking forward to us playing Bournemouth next season (Dean Court just 15 mins from me), I've always followed them and wanted them to do well. I've never thought of them as rivals until now. Makes me laugh how some people get wound up by some cretins on their forum, we've got our fair share too.

Pretty much as I see it, too. Although I've not followed them, as you have, I have never wished ill on them. In fact, I've always wanted to see a stronger southern regional presence in football, with several teams in the south with Premiership status, if only to shut up the Northern and London bias. Southampton FC would be at the top of this particular pile, of course.

Every time I encounter it, it surprises me more and more how much Bournemouth fans seem to dislike us. Surely it must grate with them that they are so insignificant to us that even if we are in the same division as them next season, I would see the Bournemouth match as "just another game".

Remember my Dad (Newcastle fan) meeting a load of Bournemouth fans on a train when he was travelling back down from Newcastle and they were travelling back from an away game. He got talking to them and he mentioned he lived in Southampton and also looked out for our results and occasionally attends matches home and away. Bournemouth fans said to him "in Bournemouth we call Southampton fans 'Scummers'... what do you call us?". His reply was instant, deadpan and even funnier totally honest. "We dont even think about you" he said.

Haha, WTF? Who the **** are they to us?

Why do they even think they have a rivalry with us? Sad. I used to quite like Bournemouth and used to be pleased to see them win. Not even sure why they refer to us as the scum or scummers when we have no history with them to call us that? :confused:

Probably best just to pat them on the head and shuffle them back off in the direction of the beach.

I work in Bournemouth and they try so hard to have a rivalry with us it's embarrassing. I've even had cherries saying that it's as big as us vs pompey and that the policing will be the same.

It's actually pretty funny when you take the wind out of their sails by pointing out that the large majority of saints fans like them and want to see them do well.

Personally i think when we play them we should clap their team out, and then just ignore them for the rest of the game. Or better yet just sing "it's not a derby game" at them, so they finally realise stealing pompey's nickname for us and getting angry by themselves isn't a rivalry

I hate P*mpey more than anything. However, their calling us of scummer and scum is acceptable. We have a massive rivalry and we hate eachother.

Bournemouth are nothing!! Why are they even calling us scum. I know of fans of other clubs like MK Dons who call us scummers but B'mouth doing it just seems desperate. They are desperate to have a big rivalry, but they won't find it here!

We are the P*mpey haters!

I hate P*mpey more than anything. However, their calling us of scummer and scum is acceptable. We have a massive rivalry and we hate eachother.

Bournemouth are nothing!! Why are they even calling us scum. I know of fans of other clubs like MK Dons who call us scummers but B'mouth doing it just seems desperate. They are desperate to have a big rivalry, but they won't find it here!

We are the P*mpey haters!

Frankly that's a little too similar to Bournemouths attitude for me :lol:

That's the thing though most cherries i speak to think it's two ways and look kind of hurt and confused when i point out we like them and want them to do well (obviously not better than us). Personally i hate spurs, cardiff and derby more than them, and i'm guessing i'm not alone in that

Teams I hate more than Bournemouth:

P*mpey

(huge gap)

Spuds

MK Dons

Reading

Chelsea

Man Utd

F*CKING MILLWALL

Dirty Leeds

Man City

Liverpool

Huddersfield

Ipswich (or whatever team Roy Keane is at)

Notts County

Northampton

Barnsley

Sc*nthorpe

Tranmere

(huge gap)

Carshalton

Lewes

Hayes & Yeading

Bournemouth