Honorary Lions Fans for Friday Night..?

St Landrew

Well I agree that's pretty much season over... except that I thought that a few weeks ago and then it looked possible again! You never know - Huddersfield may get complacent next week and suffer a shocking defeat at the hands of Stockport!!!

Highly unlikely, I know, but I just hope that our lads will keep going 'til the end anyway... just in case!! :)

Anyone who thinks Millwall's manager has thought "Lets go for automatic prom.....oh, hang on. I'd much rather try and get promoted in the playoffs it's alot more fun you get a trophy n' stuff. Aslong as we don't play that pesky Southampton anyway" ...is seriously deluded and should be American.

Not over yet - Huddersfield still need to win two of their remaining games to be safely into the playoffs ahead of us. A win and a draw will not be good enough.

i really cannot see it.

they have 74 points now, they need to get 5 more pts to be assured. It will take the mother of all ****ups from them to surrender this.

+ this now means we really do have to win every one of our games, which was always a long shot!

Anyone who thinks Millwall's manager has thought "Lets go for automatic prom.....oh, hang on. I'd much rather try and get promoted in the playoffs it's alot more fun you get a trophy n' stuff. Aslong as we don't play that pesky Southampton anyway" ...is seriously deluded and should be American.

I agree. But I feel stitched up tonight.

Why did Millwall suddenly play dogsh*t ?

Mathematically still in with a shout, so hopefully we can beat Yeovil tonight. Huddersfield still have to win two of their last three to stop us if we keep winning. Milwall are complete w@nk though. How the hell that shower of s41te ever got in the play offs I cant understand. Commentator said 'one shot on target all night - and they missed that'!!!! If we don't make the play offs I hope Huddersfield don't go up because it's 6 easy points next season against them too.

Milwall could have gone up automatically. No playoff lottery.

I wouldnt want to rely on form for the playoffs.

I really hope the c**ts crash-and-burn in the playoffs. Then we can mullah them next season.

You're not getting it, Alpine. They may well have a great chance of auto-promotion, but having lost this match they still have a great chance of promotion. The motivation wasn't that strong to bust a gut, IMO.

Anyway, back to reality. Huddersfield now need to either; 1] lose 2 of their remaining 3 matches, or 2] draw all 3 of them, or 3] win, draw and lose 1 each. It's not impossible, just improbable. Colchester need to beat them for us. That would be OK.

Millwall can **** off.

Also, while it really is Huddersfield we need to catch, there is also the possibility that Charlton will lose all of their remaining games - again highly unlikely (even though all their fixtures are very losable!) but Saints have to keep trying just in case!

Even if/when it does become mathematically impossible for us to go up, I hope we will still keep going to the end. Despite anything else it would be great for confidence to end the season on a big winning streak ready to start with a bang next season! :)

I can easily see Huddersfield losing their away games and if they do and we still win every game then then we're there. I actually think Huddersfield won't win again this season so if we take the foot off the pedal then we only have ourselves to blame!

Bought my southend ticket today and i really have a feeling we'll have something to play for. i cant see huddersfield winning the next two.

But I can't see them not getting 5 points.

I'll be there for the Southend game, but it'll be all over before then.

Just important to make it a celebration of a great recovery season. How many posted back in August that avoiding relegation would be success?

All the what ifs are frustrating, agreed, and so many results - Wycombe, Tranmere, Brighton etc could have made a difference, but don't be depressed. This season is good news. It's just important that next is perfect - nothing less than promotion.

Interesting how situation could change very fast. If Huddersfield lose to 10 man Warsall, they'll probably lose today too, then the best chance of playoff would go to us due to the easiest run in.

Anyway Huddersfield's next match will be crucial, if they lose, they have to win last two games under pressure, which is unlikely.

We have to win next three games to keep playoff hope alive.

Just have to concentrate on getting 6 points this week - no margin for error now from a Saints perspective.

Get the gap down to five points by the time we play Carlisle, and it suddenly doesn't look as comfortable for Huddersfield, although admittedly they have one foot in the playoffs now.

Two words though - Cardiff City.

Remember what happened to them last season...

You're not getting it, Alpine. They may well have a great chance of auto-promotion, but having lost this match they still have a great chance of promotion. The motivation wasn't that strong to bust a gut, IMO.

I'm sorry, but that's complete bol locks. Millwall lost in last years play-off final, so to suggest that they "tanked" that game does you no favour.

Millwall played exactly like they did against us. Badly.

I'm sorry, but that's complete bol locks. Millwall lost in last years play-off final, so to suggest that they "tanked" that game does you no favour.

Millwall played exactly like they did against us. Badly.

Fair enough. If you've read through the thread, you'll know that it was only a thought I had, that I wanted to share. I held no great store by it.

I didn't realise my merest thoughts were held in such esteem. But then I did say it was only a thought. Do I have to write out the caveat every time I post a message with a questionable standpoint..? ;)

Looking back, the last two minutes of Huddersfield - Walsall will be the defining moments. If Walsall had held on, Huddersfield would have been under pressure tonight, but they weren't and managed a result.

This week could easily have been 1 point at best for them, but they got 6 and that will be too much for us.

perhaps we should be - Bournemouth should be a nice 6 points and two home games! Besides our goal difference will take a real boost from those 2 games!

It will be interesting to see if the 'mouth can keep hold of Pitman and their other good player!