Players we've detested over the past 5 years

Big_Bald_Si

Someone I know thinks Schniederlin is ****. Shows how much they know about football.

Have they seen him play much this season?

Takes some people a long time to change their opinions on a player, especially if they make a massive point about being negative.

I am so happy to have a team we can love again after the years of despair with players who under performed because the Club was broken from the top down. There were so many mercenaries but I didn't detest them it was just that the Club was sick

I am so happy to have a team we can love again after the years of despair with players who under performed because the Club was broken from the top down. There were so many mercenaries but I didn't detest them it was just that the Club was sick

Indeed. Can't be bothered to look back to that era, and don't even want to.

Rudi Skacel - "a transfer coup" he was, but he never delivered.

I thought he was utter terrible, not only did he never live up to his reputation but looked absolutly exhasted, even after 10 mins. Don't think he really had any strengths, James gets a lot of stick now for not having pace, but he looks faster than Rudi did.

For the record, I've just checked and in 21 career appearances for Saints and Grimsby, Oliver Lancashire has been sent off 4 times and scored 2 own goals.

I take it you won't want to purchase this then? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/OLLY-LANCASHIRE-MATCH-WORN-GRIMSBY-SOUTHAMPTON-SHIRT_W0QQitemZ120556599795QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_3?hash=item1c11bbb9f3#ht_500wt_1182

Fuller - couldn't stand the player - he just couldn't score and ran around like a headless chicken missing chance after chance. He came back after his loan spell, and went on a good run, but I just couldn't bring myself to like him.

Irrespective of his time here, he returned with Stoke and took a shot at goal in the dying minutes rather than returning the ball when Saints conceded possession due to a player being down injured. C**t.

Chris Makin

Jason Euell

Stern John

Calum Davenport

Olivier Bernard

Kevin Phillips

If that **** had been replaced by a half-decent centre back we wouldn't have been relegated imho. So he is near the top of my list.

Jason Euell...waied and eaited for a good performance to happen , but gave us bugger all.

Peter Crouch...cant understand why everyone else praises the guy after his spel with us. OK he scored a few BUT missed loads of chances and couldn't head the ball (as he still does these days). How the **** he can get picked for England baffles me. Never forgive him for giving the ball to Evertons keeper in the last seconds, for him to hoof it up field and them to score (the BT game). Doh.

Crouchy scored the penalty that knocked the skates out of the cup. He was given a lot of stick by Saints fans before he even played a game, but I thought he had a good season (when Saggy Chops finally picked him): 16 goals in 33 matches for Saints. Why is he picked for England? Maybe it's 20 goals in 37 internationals (many as sub)? :cool:

On the other hand, this lot are worthy of contempt:

Delap: Saints' record transfer fee for a pile of crap, who went on a free transfer. His long throws were crap for us, but infuriatingly they have now turned into lethal weapons for Stoke.

Dixon and Speedie: Br*****t's disastrous signings, and the worst possible replacements for Shearer.

Edited by St Landrew
astericks

Uwe Rosler, can't remember him ever scoring for us in his 2-3 years here.

What about Stephen Crainey, (supposedly a left-back and now at Blackpool), I dont think he ever wanted to be here in the first place, - came with McCann, I think. !

Of course we should'nt forget those wonderful players from Ecuador,(Delgado and Chalis)

For the record, I've just checked and in 21 career appearances for Saints and Grimsby, Oliver Lancashire has been sent off 4 times and scored 2 own goals.

I honestly believe he is the most untalented player to play in a Saints first team since Ali Dia! However, I have never hated a recent Saints player - just imagine if this thread was on the MK Dons forum, if Mr Ince was reading it, he'd have them all banished!!!

Jermaine 'Sh!te' Wright

Jason 'Donkey' Euell

Oliver Lancashire (for his 100 career sending off's and 10 own goals)

Paul 'HOOF 'N' HACK' Wotton

Nigel Quashie - 'nuff said.

jermaine wright

danny "o.g" higginbotham

neil mccan

Lloyd James

Edited by Avenue Saint

jermaine wright

danny "o.g" higginbotham

neil mccan

Lloyd James

I liked Danny. Remember his reaction to his goal at Palace just before we went down. It obviously meant a lot to him.

Frannie Benali said that after the 2003 Final, Danny offered him his medal because "You've been here since you were a school kid, you deserve it more than me".

I liked Danny. Remember his reaction to his goal at Palace just before we went down. It obviously meant a lot to him.

Frannie Benali said that after the 2003 Final, Danny offered him his medal because "You've been here since you were a school kid, you deserve it more than me".

yeah, never really detested him, just used to scare the **** out of me a lot of the time.

Totally with you there mate.

The whole reason for creating this thread was hearing a load of Reading supporting mates always whining about their players - I used to do the same, but this year is the first year where I've not actually hated any of our players or wonder why they're in the team etc.

Irrespective of his time here, he returned with Stoke and took a shot at goal in the dying minutes rather than returning the ball when Saints conceded possession due to a player being down injured. C**t.

I was there for that game - got booed to sh*t for it, and rightly so.

Grade A c**t. I'll be booing him to sh*t every time he returns.

Going off topic, isn't it nice to have a team to be proud of at the moment. There's not one player that annoys me at the moment. (maybe semi does when he pulls out of the odd tackle) but this has been a great season. Onwards and upwards

Have they seen him play much this season?

Takes some people a long time to change their opinions on a player, especially if they make a massive point about being negative.

They're a season ticket holder which makes it worse. They say 'everyone around me in the Northam says he's **** too.' I went to show them his goal the other night and they said 'don't care, he's crap.'

If you think he 'played well', then i think you know even less than me!

Own goal and missed penalty, to me, suggest that he didnt play very well.

Own goal was a freak. Are you saying that a missed penalty automatically means you played badly? So every player who's ever missed a penalty in a penalty shoot-out had a bad game? Stupid comment.

Any player who's ever scored a freak own goal has played badly?

His general play was excellent. He created Viafara's second goal with a great turn and pass and generally outplayed his defenders all night. We were by far the better team and he was an important part of it. If anyone should have been singled out as the scpaegoat for losing that tie it was Pele and not Best.

So you detest him?

What an unpleasant person you are then.

I can be unpleasant,you are right, but in this case i was not.In my first post on this thread i stated i did not detest the man, in answer to another post i re-iterated i did not detest the guy, and for the third time i do not detest anyone, i just don't think Paul Wotton is very good.

Davenport - Bullied off the ball costing us the Villa and Everton home games, which would have kept us up.

Idiakez,Wright-Phillips, Pele - Bought by Burley instead of keeping better players Oakley, Blackstock and Higg. Waste of transfer cash and wages.

Speedie - First real mercenary to come to Saints. Only interested in the money

Mark Hughes - Complete cack, more interested in fouling his marker than trapping the ball. Also tried to split the dressing room against Tiss. I still play Football Manager 2000 now and again, just so I can sell him.

If anyone should have been singled out as the scpaegoat for losing that tie it was Pele and not Best.

I think Ostlund losing the ball and not getting back is partly to blame as well!!!

Also, I thought that Paul Williams was an excellent fill in CB, between Dean Richards and Killer.

Crouch - If only he had stayed until Christmas after relegation we would've gone straight back up

Davenport and Bernhard - For not realising that the tall slow one wins headers, while the short quick one sweeps behind

Danny was a great player for us, always gave 100%

Idakez - so,so much hype, spent more time having treatment than he did on the pitch, I really thought he was the final piece of the promotion jigsaw.

Dyer - Complete tosser, really thinks he's the bee's knee's, met hiim down Oceana in Wales for a night out with uni budlins, told him what I thought of him. oh yeah!

BWP - When he scored that goal against Derby iin the opening game of the season, I thought we had a new cult hero, oh dear do we heck, living off Daddies name.

Davenport - Jesus christ the lad has no positional sense at all.

Madsen - really did'nt see the point in him, was a waste of space on the pitch. Only ever had one good game.

Leon Best - just purely for his ignorant 'swagger' and that own goal against Derby.

Kenwyne Jones - loved him to bits when he wanted to play for us, was different class, thought he was a new breed of striker. Then the **** went on strike, idiot.

does anyone remember his overhead kick that nearly got us a late 3-3 equalizer at old trafford?