Markus Liebherr

dune

Just shows how thick the Skates must be given he was born 3 years after the War ended.

Oh come on, even Skates have a sense of ironic humour, you'd need one if you had to spend two hours in Fratton Park once a fortnight, and believe you were in a football stadium. (Actually its even more of a laugh walking round the outside. I thought I was back at Brisbane Road in 1966.)

He lives here, HTH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulle

Bulle apparently loosely translates to Dubai in some language, which got lost in translation during an interview. He doesn't live there.

Bulle? Wow! I camped there in 1978! If only I'd known I was doing a pilgrimage to the home of our Savoiur "in advance". I wouldn't have bothered with that visit to the Gruyere cheese factory just down the road.

And we wouldn't have bought any extra mature Gruyere to eat , and my wife wouldn't have thrown up in my lap after the Grand St Bernard Pass, and I wouldn't have smelled of cheesy puke all the way down the Italian autostrada to Pisa.

Markus, you need to make it up to me!

HOPE this thread does not mean people are getting withdrawal symptoms regarding off the field issues at SMS being more important than on the pitch.

had enough of that cr*p during the previous regimes,

SMS is a happier place because of Marcus LETS leave it like that, stop chanting the blokes name and just turn up in our thousands next tuesday night

The close season is fast approaching....

• 13 years later...
On 15/04/2010 at 16:13, once_bitterne said:

I have been asking for ages if he has any children as it would be good to know he has an heir to pass the club down to and that our revival isn't something that will, sadly, die with Markus.

Spooky

On 15/04/2010 at 21:49, benjii said:

Irrelevant and unduly morbid.

He's 62 (I think) not 82.

I expect he will be planning to sell up long before he gets to an age where anyone needs to worry.

• Sad 1