Leaders debate

SO16_Saint

My issue with the tories on here is that (a few excluded) they are like their party, quick to slag off but with no real idea of what to do themselves.

Just because you dont agree with them doesn't mean they've got no ideas. That's a rather simplistic approach to take.

Is not cancelling the NI rise an idea?, what about cutting waste, what about elected Police Chiefs, what about referendum over council tax rises? The Tories have a whole raft of ideas and yet because you dont agree with them, seem to think they dont count.

They're certainly better ideas than the Labour one , 5 more years of Gordon Brown.

This is a Party, let us not forget, that went into the last election with a seriously ill leader. A leader that had an illness that however unfortunate affects people's judgement and ability to do the job of PM. The Lib/Dem leadership, including Saint Vince Cable, knew about this illness, yet covered it up for electrol benefit. It is also a Party that complains about the Tories style over substance, but ditched Sir Menzies Campbell for a more media friendly leader. They are a party that claim to be whiter than white and yet have taken dodgey money, and have had MP's caught up in the expenses row.

I think you are over egging this massively - Churchill was a very old, alcoholic depressive but did okay when we needed him most.

Charles Kennedy is no Churchill but there have been leaders and prime ministers with these kind of problems down the years. And were there a Leaders debate five years ago, Kennedy would have ****ed it against Howard and Blair.

And I don't remember Kennedy saying he wanted out but was held in position against his will for Vince Cable's "electoral benefit".

And I don't say this as a Lib Dem supporter, to make clear.

I find it strange that people who said Cameron was style of substance are now praising Clegg. With his writting down of the questioners name and uncosted back of a fag packet calculations, anyone unfamilar with who the 3 were would have thought he was the "aire to Blair" people keep talking about.

The best thing about the debate is that the Lib/Dems policies will now be shone a light on. We'll see their uncosted tax bribe, the simplistic policy around Trident,the amensty for illigal immigrants and there flip flopping from left to right depending on which seat they're fighting. Their loony pro European policies, including joining the Euro, will be exposed. They are at the core further left wing than the Labour leadership (although you wont see that if you live in a Tory area).

This is a Party, let us not forget, that went into the last election with a seriously ill leader. A leader that had an illness that however unfortunate affects people's judgement and ability to do the job of PM. The Lib/Dem leadership, including Saint Vince Cable, knew about this illness, yet covered it up for electrol benefit. It is also a Party that complains about the Tories style over substance, but ditched Sir Menzies Campbell for a more media friendly leader. They are a party that claim to be whiter than white and yet have taken dodgey money, and have had MP's caught up in the expenses row.

sad to see die hard tories resorting to desperate tatics,the liberal has more detail in their manfesto then the wishy washey tory manifesto.

i,m still waiting for the tories to spell out their costings .

oh i forgot this is the tory party which the major tax avoider lord ashdown funds and will get his pay back after the election.

and the bankers who got us in this slump ,i expect them to be looked after to