Gas 1-5 Saints - Reaction

Arizona

We needed three teams to slip - Bristol Rovers, Huddersfield and Colchester.

Rovers we took care of and Colchester also lost.

So that's two out of three for us tonight and we still have the game in hand. Be positive!

Jeez, you're up late!

And I agree with Eric, c'mon, own up who really hacked Alp's account :-)

No injuries, no suspensions, no brain farts on selections, we could, just maybe possibly could do this

Colchester and Huddersfield could possibly eliminate each other.

Its down to us now. We can do this.

Okay .... who's logged into Alps's account :D

Sorry mate couldn't resist it ;)

Tw*tting another team for 5 goals is obviously sweet, especially with this one away from home, but anyone else think that an edgy 0-1 win might have been better for maintaining focus for the next game ?

I really do think you could be on your own on this one ..... :cool:

Still all to play for........Saints can only keep winning and hope the other results pan out in our favour.

Considering the abject start of the season and the non existent pre season, then even if we fall short,if we can hang on to players then next season should be a side worth watching and automatic promotion should be highly likely

No, forget it.

We got to the end of September and had won ONE game.

Everything since than has been they way it is for all top clubs.

To have achieved what we have but having only won a solitary game in the first two months of the season is incredible.

If you want to lament anything, lament this...

The three days Lowe didn't bother to take us into admin to start this season on 0 points.

The three weeks Michael Fecking Falco wasted that could have been a preseason with Alan Pardew and a few signings...

There are names you can add to the list. *** from Hungary, **** from Bahrain, but at the end of the day it comes down to one name we do know, Mr Fry from Barclays changing the overdraft limit after a visit from someone, shortly before said My Fry got a new job.

Leave the bad dead old days out of it and focus. This is about the next 5 weeks. If we don't then the If Only's could eat away at what WE as fans need to do and what the TEAM need to do which is simple.

KEEP FECKING WINNING

I see where you're coming from, but it isn't "job done" ... it's more a case of "season isn't over just yet .... more of the same" ....... please [-o

FFS will you and Alpine just get a room or something?

I know you've been up the Mountains for a few weeks but PLEEZE.

:lol:

Saints players caught in betting scandal!!!!

solentsport #Saintsfc midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin wins £500 bet with teammate Radhi Jaidi, who said he wouldn't score a goal this season!

FFS, sshhhhhushhhhhh, 19C may be listening and you know how he feels about Saints players and betting scams - we'll never hear the end of it....! ;)

Saints players caught in betting scandal!!!!

solentsport #Saintsfc midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin wins £500 bet with teammate Radhi Jaidi, who said he wouldn't score a goal this season!

-25 points and 10 billion quid fine to follow from Football League :(

Meanwhile Prem League allow Skatesmuff to enter Europe, annul -9 points ruling and actually credit them +9 due to the pain and inconvenience caused and tell Chelsea to play their under 15 girls team to give the cheating fish fiddlers a fighting chance in the cup final. :cool:

I think one of the best results for us tonight could strangely be the Yeovil vs Millwall result. It means that Leeds go above Millwall, so they will have to pull out all the stops on Friday to get back into the automatic promotion spot. That could be enough to spur them on to victory. Although of course, it could do the opposite and pile presure on them that causes them to crumble on Friday!

I think that match could well be decisive. If Huddersfield win it then I think we will struggle to catch them up. But if Millwall win it then of course it is very much 'game on!'.

Yeovil could be a very tricky banana skin though. We must not underestimate them. If we beat them, I can then see us getting complacent too and assuming we will beat Oldham, which must not happen!

Hopefully though Millwall will beat Huddersfield and we will win the next two to put ourselves within two points of Huddersfield.

COYR :)

Copied from the "Just back from the game" thread because I am a massive narcissist and because I know you all await my verdict with baited breath....

I'm back!

Congratulations to whoever started the "Walsall are winning 4-2" rumour in the terrace. Brilliant work!

We controlled the match from the off and conceded a silly goal. As soon as we scored the second it was game over though; Bristol had been most dangerous on the break and they were never going to catch us once we went ahead.

Some ratings:

KD - didn't really have anything to do. Handling and distribution was solid. 6

Semi - I had a bad view but appeared to be at fault for the penalty. Seems to have some sort of mental problem in relation to certain types of physical challenge and also concentration issues. Whether it's confidence or bottle remains to be seen. Anyway, without Murty or Thomas he's our best right back and provided some excellent forward runs as well as some good defending at times. 6

Fonte - faultless as usual. 8

Seabourne - really good game. Covered well and positioning was spot on. A couple of 50pence-piece-for-a-head moments but overall he continues to impress me. 8

Harding - usual solid self. What a brilliant signing. 7

Lallana - did well. Made the right choices and was unlucky not receive some better final balls when in good positions. 7

Hammond - Had a good game in possession and did his job well. 7

Schneiderlin - Probably his best game for Saints IMO even if he hadn't scored. Hardly ever gave it away and his positioning was spot-on. Unlucky to be booked. Brilliant goal. 9

Puncheon - put one on a plate for Hammond at 0-0. Made Lambert's first. Got fouled for Lambert's second. Scored one. Worked hard. Hassled well. Used the ball intelligently. 8

Antonio - tireless effort and some strong running in the first half. Got a bit ragged towards the end. A really great prospect who we must sign but I would revert to Barnard for the next couple of games. 6

Lambert - took his chances when they came and as usual preoccupied the hell out of the other team, creating space for others. 8

What a strange stadium. What a great result

I think one of the best results for us tonight could strangely be the Yeovil vs Millwall result. It means that Leeds go above Millwall, so they will have to pull out all the stops on Friday to get back into the automatic promotion spot. That could be enough to spur them on to victory. Although of course, it could do the opposite and pile presure on them that causes them to crumble on Friday!

I think that match could well be decisive. If Huddersfield win it then I think we will struggle to catch them up. But if Millwall win it then of course it is very much 'game on!'.

Yeovil could be a very tricky banana skin though. We must not underestimate them. If we beat them, I can then see us getting complacent too and assuming we will beat Oldham, which must not happen!

Hopefully though Millwall will beat Huddersfield and we will win the next two to put ourselves within two points of Huddersfield.

COYR :)

Well the Millwall chant of "No one likes us but we don't care" won't be true for 90 odd mins on Friday ... every Saints fan will be A Lion for a day ;)

Great result, fantastic in fact, it's just a shame that Huddersfield snatched the win late on against Walsall.

Still, Colchester slipped up, and Huddersfield have some difficult games to come, so it's most definitely not over!

If we focus on ourselves and keep picking up the wins then I'm confident that the teams above us will drop points.

The playoff dream is still very much alive!

What was that about lack of ambition? Following on from Pardew's pronouncements in the Echo his team delivered big time. Perhaps now he will get the support he deserves?

No way ... how on earth did such a negative team selection and tactics let a goal in ... Pardew out ;)

A lot of negative feeling and emotion all of the Huddersfield Town board tonight.

Many mention that their players taking their foot off the gas and swanning around at 2-0. Many saying that they haven't been at the races for months. Also lots of people complaining about the crowds volatile reaction (especially as they have such a young and sensitive side) and others are simply just recovering.

They had a major scare - I can only hope that this doesn't "wake" them up for the Millwall game. And I can only hope that tonights wobble only fuels their next one on Friday :)

A lot of negative feeling and emotion all of the Huddersfield Town board tonight.

Many mention that their players taking their foot off the gas and swanning around at 2-0. Many saying that they haven't been at the races for months. Also lots of people complaining about the crowds volatile reaction (especially as they have such a young and sensitive side) and others are simply just recovering.

They had a major scare - I can only hope that this doesn't "wake" them up for the Millwall game. And I can only hope that tonights wobble only fuels their next one on Friday :)

They're still managing to hold 3rd place in the form table, behind only Millwall and ourselves (we're top, btw).