Gas 1-5 Saints - Reaction

Arizona

Nope, it's still on as the terriers have some very tricky games.

So do we. That said my hope will be rekindled should we win at Yeovil and they lose their next game (millwall at home i think).

Best case scenario for us is them 3 points ahead on the last day with a trip to exeter i feel.

Also don't forget that little issue of that club from Essex.

We have the momentum, but they both have the points on the board and it's going to take both Colchester and Huddersfield collapsing for us to sneak it.

Bloody hell you're right!

Thanks! Thought I was going mad! Obviously this counts on us also beating Yeovil and Oldham, but the way we are playing we should have no fear in those two. Although Yeovil drew with Millwall, Beagrie on SSN said Millwall played very poorly. Maybe Marcus should start dangling some bonus carrots (if they are not already in place) too.

Of course, we also don't need to overhaul Hudders' points total, given goal-difference, level will be fine by me!

Great result although I am really gutted that the miraculous comeback by 10 men Walsall was thwarted by Huddersfield in injury time. Would have been a 5 point gap, gaining 3 points on them, rather than no change on -8 difference. A perfect night of results up until the dying secs.

Still, great for team confidence and Lambert's goal tally (and my subsequent bets for League Top Scorer and Promotion). Our goal difference will surely come in useful if we peg level come last game. 2nd best in the league now. That is impressive!

Well done boys! OWTSGMI

I'm not dissapointed about Walsall throwing it away, I'm f***ing ecstatic about our 5-1 DEMOLITION of a decent top-half side.

Huddersfield were expected to win, the fact that they nearly screwed it up offers us hope that they won't gain too many in the coming weeks.

Come on you Saints, we CAN make the playoffs.

Huddersfield have Millwall and Colchester at home, Stockport and Exeter away.

It's quite feasible that they won't win any of those.

:confused:

Admittedly they were only moments away from dropping a bollock tonight, they will take great heart from that come back.

Remember our magic 3 goals in the last 5 mins comeback v Newcastle many years ago .... the momentum from certain relegation to ecstacy of The Spirit of Southampton being able to pull of survival at the death of the match was what probably turned the whole season around for us.

At the end of the day, none of us expected anything less than a home win, us on the computers at home probably feel more drained about the evening's events than our players as they were probably not so aware of the twists and turns elsewhere!!

Not going to let other results spoil this evening - 3rd time this season we've crashed in 5 goals (when was the last time you could say that) - great result, away from home - well done AP and the lads.

Got to keep it going in case somebody else folds, and so long as we do our bit I'll be happy no matter what the outcome.

Cant take much more of this season. So many squeaky bum times to come; Our remaining games, Hudds/Colchesters remaining games, Possibility of finishing a point outside of playoffs, the playoff matches themselves...

Id take the last game of the season tomorrow. (A playoff match that is ;-))

I hope if we dont make it this season then there wont be any nerves this time next season as we sit in first place 20 points clear of second! :) Dont think I could take another end of season like this! :-D

The one that really p*sses me off is Wycombe.

No, forget it.

We got to the end of September and had won ONE game.

Everything since than has been they way it is for all top clubs.

To have achieved what we have but having only won a solitary game in the first two months of the season is incredible.

If you want to lament anything, lament this...

The three days Lowe didn't bother to take us into admin to start this season on 0 points.

The three weeks Michael Fecking Falco wasted that could have been a preseason with Alan Pardew and a few signings...

No, forget it.

To have achieved what we have but having only won a solitary game in the first two months of the season is incredible.

The three days Lowe didn't bother to take us into admin to start this season on 0 points.

The three weeks Michael Fecking Falco wasted that could have been a preseason with Alan Pardew and a few signings...

Wise words.

No, forget it.

To have achieved what we have but having only win a solitary game in the first two months of the season is incredible.

absolutely, win our game in hand and add back the 10 points, we are 4 behind a top 2 finish.

quite remarkable really.

According to an 'uddersfield fan on FootballForums, they were shocking tonight after going 2-0 up, and barely deserved a point, let alone 3. The pressure is really on them, and I can see them struggling to cope. I still think it'll be a tall order for us to make 6th, but if we play like we did tonight, then we'll just have to see what happens.

Of course, but if I referred to this again, I'd only have SOGGY on my back going on about Lawrie fecking MacMenemy, as per usual.:rolleyes:

And i'm adament to this day that Lowe did it on purpose like a spoilt kid taking his ball home.

Wow, had this one as the banana skin and we blew them away. Absolutely superb result.

I'm wondering if Huddersfield are starting to wobble - they came agonisingly close to messing up on what I thought was going to be one of their more straightforward fixtures.

They still have to play a Millwall team on fire who are also fighting hard for auto.

Exeter and Colchester will be tricky games too. Not the kind of games I'd want to go into under pressure to get wins.

Huddersfield must now be feeling SFC breathing down their necks - the question is do they have the bottle to hold us off?

If Saints can keep on playing like this it may well be a photo finish for 6th place.

Just shows what perception is.

I haven't been able to keep tabs on any match this evening, and only got in about 10 minutes ago. Yes, I realise the Huddersfield result is a dampener, and plucky Walsall obviously tried bloody hard, but Charlton did for Colchester. This is great, I love it..!

No, forget it.

LTC, if I weren't already married with children, I would marry you and have your children. Even though I am a man. And not gay. Thank you.

Tw*tting another team for 5 goals is obviously sweet, especially with this one away from home, but anyone else think that an edgy 0-1 win might have been better for maintaining focus for the next game ?

Shut up :lol: You have GOT to be joking here. You asked for a performance AND a result - you got it.

Surely we can appeal against the 10 point deduction, after all it wasn't our fault and he isn't even our Chairman even more. :cool:

But seriously WTF was the logic in delaying the inevitable RL made some pretty fecked up decisions but this was his biggest by far (or his advisors?)

TBF to the old ruddy cheeked git, at least he operated within the laws of the game .. which is probably why redkrap couldn't wait to get out ... no brown enevelopes for the extension to is southbourne palace :cool:

Tw*tting another team for 5 goals is obviously sweet, especially with this one away from home, but anyone else think that an edgy 0-1 win might have been better for maintaining focus for the next game ?

Alpines back.;)

come on alps - stop joking around.