Gas 1-5 Saints - Reaction

Arizona

Fantastic performance tonight, by the sounds of it.

Brilliant to see Morgan FINALLY get a goal after 79 appearances and untold goal line clearances. Let the flood gates open?

Confidence levels should be soaring after this result.

Keep the faith boys!

Bring on Yeovil [after Millwall thrash hudders].

I'll bet Huddersfield are ****ting it when they hear how we did tonight. :lol:

Edited by Plumstead_Saint

That result makes me feel so much better after trecking to St Marys in September to watch them snatch a late win against us on my boys 13th birthday.

Gutted about Huddersfield score though. It was looking very good for a short while.

Still you never know....

COYR's.

What a brilliant night of mixed emotions, got a feeling this is going to go to the last game of the season with the game against Southend being a real nail biter as they used to be at the Dell but this time for a different reason!

I agree... let's get this team supported at home like never before!!!!

Tell you what... if next season in League 1 is like this every week... bring it on!!!!

Proud of the team.

Just stay focussed on our results, I have a feeling it will all come good.

I don't i'm sad to say, Huddersfield will claw their way to the play-offs. They only need 8 points from 4 games to make it mathematically impossible for us. For us to win the next 4 is a big big ask and even then i doubt it'd be enough. That last minute winner for Hudds ended our season i'm afraid.

Had to go out for a business meeting. Sat in the Exec Lounge at the Intercon Hotel. He didn't bat an eyelid when I asked if I could sign in to Saints player on his laptop while we talked. Did get a reaction when Lambo scored, and even the waiters came out to see what the noise was about when the 3rd went in.

Then the taxi ride home, 4 & 5 go in, Walsall go ahead, I pay the taxi and Udders score two.

Maybe have to spend the rest of the season in taxis.

Fine result, sounded like an awesome performance. After the Tranmere & Swindon results all we can keep doing is our best.

I don't i'm sad to say, Huddersfield will claw their way to the play-offs. They only need 8 points from 4 games to make it mathematically impossible for us. For us to win the next 4 is a big big ask and even then i doubt it'd be enough. That last minute winner for Hudds ended our season i'm afraid.

No, we could be 2 behind with 2 to play. That would put all the pressure on them and we would have been on a run the like of which has never been seen at this club before. That would put all the momentum with us.

Agreed.

OR they only need to drop 4 points from 4 games for us to be able to catch them.

They weren't playing well tonight, and they'll be crapping themselves when they see our scoreline tonight.

This season is very much still alive at the moment.

No, we could be 2 behind with 2 to play. That would put all the pressure on them and we would have been on a run the like of which has never been seen at this club before. That would put all the momentum with us.

I hope you're right. I'm just giving my opinion.

Great performance from Saints but Friday is the key - Huddersfield v Millwall.

5 Points behind with 3 to play I don't think we can manage.

A draw would mean potentially 3 behind with 3 to play, certainly possible considering our goal difference.

And a Millwall win puts us right in it, possibly with 2 points behind and 3 to play.

COME ON YOU LIONS!!!

This is not over. We are the form side. Huddersfield are limping to the line and have some tough fixtures remaining. They will be looking over their shoulder at us whilst we can just get our head down and see where 5 more wins in a row takes us...

OR they only need to drop 4 points from 4 games for us to be able to catch them.

They weren't playing well tonight, and they'll be crapping themselves when they see our scoreline tonight.

This season is very much still alive at the moment.

After our 5th went in I switched to the Huddersfield commentary. By all accounts they were woeful against 10-men in the second half and loads of fans left after they went 3-2 behind. The final score will give them hope but their form has been poor - they were shocking against a very ordinary Brentford at the weekend.

All the momentum is with us I think, but anything less than a win at Yeovil on saturday and it will be all over.

Sorry, where I have got this wrong? Surely it is 2 behind with 3 to play if Hudders lose on Friday?

Nope, it's still on as the terriers have some very tricky games.

Great result, really great result at Rovers. Well done lads. Brilliant. Colchester got beat too which helps. Shame Walsall couldn't hang on, but Huddersfields confidence will be rattled for sure and they play Millwall Friday who really need the win after only drawing at Yeovil tonight. So all to play for - and a toughie at Yeovil off the back of their draw with Millwall. Still game on, and great for Saints to be extending the excitement........