Once again. BILLY DAVIES

Thedelldays

jesus...how hard is it to appoint someone who not only knows this league, knows how to pick up a bargain, knows how to bring through the odd young'un and knows who to bloody win...

ffs......all this is getting silly...we should have got him the min burley left..

Totally agree,personalities aside,it is not a popularity contest,he would be ideal.IMO.

I would like to point out actually, that Strachan had a worse start than Jan has if I remember correctly.

Difference is, WGS got off to a bad start with (relatively) decent players whereas JP has got off to a bad start with (relatively) poor players. Meaning WGS had room for a 3-point turn whereas JP is heading down a narrow cul-de-sac in a car without a reverse gear (crap analogy, crap team)

Just to nick what I said last year, and from a previous thread - BD would rejuvinate the club, fans, players and city. He'd create a siege mentality, and he'd give us the massive kick up the backside we obviously need.

Problem is, I don't think he's Lowe's cup of tea... :s

We could've just not sacked Pearson IMO.

Don't be silly. Lowe couldn't tolerate a manager not apointed by himself. What if pearson had done well? Lowes ego simply couldn't tolerate that. :rolleyes:

Plus he just couldn't resist getting one over on lawrie and leon. :rolleyes:

Difference is, WGS got off to a bad start with (relatively) decent players whereas JP has got off to a bad start with (relatively) poor players. Meaning WGS had room for a 3-point turn whereas JP is heading down a narrow cul-de-sac in a car without a reverse gear (crap analogy, crap team)

You can look at it like that, or you can look at it as Jan having done well considering the poor (inexperienced may be fairer) players at his disposal.

A few games ago remember how we were all on top of the world because of the way we were playing. Surely he is capable of getting back to that by taking things back to basics.

Problem is, I don't think he's Lowe's cup of tea... :s

Problem also is that RL has now publicly nailed his colours to the 'coaching revolution' so to change midstream would be embarrasing.That would never do.

Just remember how long he persevered with Wartface after publicly exclaiming him.,yet it was obvious after a few games that he was not up to the job and never would be.

Just remember where that got us though...

We should seriously be looking at Jurjen Streppel.

He has achieved no end of promotions and is successful with clubs with small budgets and loads of youngsters.

Probably cost too much.Unless he'd buy out his own contract.

Wonder if Rupert is on speaking terms with his club chairman now.

Great contribution!

You must be the forum retard, no?

no crab lungs, Im not the forum retard because Im not a sad git like you who will happily put up with just anyone in charge off our club just because our current boss is'nt doing well.

Not even Ferguson,Rijkaard or Mouriniho could do this job.

I find Davies an arrogant tit, when I read in a copy of 442 someone said he was'nt there favourite coach because of his technique's. He isnt a very good coach, ill give him his dues at the job he done at Derby, but this is a completely different job.

I completely fed up with seeing a new thread saying either "Pearson" or "Davies", neither are our manager and will be.

So why dont you get off your high horse pal

Edited by Tac-tics

no crab lungs, Im not the forum retard because Im not a sad git like you who will happily put up with just anyone in charge off our club just because our current boss is'nt doing well.

Not even Ferguson,Rijkaard or Mouriniho could do this job.

I find Davies and arrogant tit, when I read in a copy of 442 was somones worst coach.

So why dont you get off your high horse pal

My apologies sir, the who situation has bloody cvnted me right off.

I like Poortvliet, and I was a believer, I honestly was, but I am overcome with fear. I just don't want to log on to the OS next year before the start of the season and read how we are "looking forward to a serious promotion push" from League One....

Still, I do think BD can pull a few strings in the market (like he did at Derby) and make us competitive again. If we'd have started the season well, I'd imagine our confidence would have snowballed but on the flipside, we haven't and now the young 'uns confidence could potentially dip to new lows... :(

We should seriously be looking at Jurjen Streppel.

He has achieved no end of promotions and is successful with clubs with small budgets and loads of youngsters.

I'm more of a Ton Lokhoff man myself.

SBV Excelsior are top of the league, FFS.

My apologies sir, the who situation has bloody cvnted me right off.

I like Poortvliet, and I was a believer, I honestly was, but I am overcome with fear. I just don't want to log on to the OS next year before the start of the season and read how we are "looking forward to a serious promotion push" from League One....

Still, I do think BD can pull a few strings in the market (like he did at Derby) and make us competitive again. If we'd have started the season well, I'd imagine our confidence would have snowballed but on the flipside, we haven't and now the young 'uns confidence could potentially dip to new lows... :(

Certianly don't disagree with you about the youngen's confidence going, but we have no money for wages and a poor league history, a half closed stadium and dwindlling finances, so I cant see how BD can do it down here, we are'nt an attractive club with out wages anymore.

Im sorry for the rant, but Im sure your the same as me, Im fed up with whats going on and excuses, also I just don't like BD for how he behaved in the play offs and Derby.

As someone said on another thread, they have seen high times and low times, I pressume we have to jsut wait it out :(

It's too late for BD now. We know we don't have the money to go out and buy a new squad so we have to find somebody who can work with what we have. We also know that Lowe sees the youth as the future, so will only appoint somebody who plays nicely with that game plan.

I don't see BD fitting that description. And I don't see many managers in our price range being able to do a better job than JP with our squad and budget.

At the end of last season, with the squad we had, then I can see it working. But not now.

Billy Davies is apparently considering the Colchester job, we can surely afford him if they can. They are one of the few clubs in a worse financial position than us.
but do we want him, i believe it seems strange that none of the top sides in the premier league or championship have been rushing to appoint him has manager,i wonder why.

i don,t rate the guyi think pearson the ex saints manager is better than davies.

As posted on another forum I think this will go on for a few more weeks into October until the panic button is pressed by Lowe and co as gates fall and the spectre of administration looms closer (unless THFC pay for Llallana earlier than January). I have no idea if Billy Davies will be selected but we may be down to few options by then and if the performance at Doncaster is as bad as it sounded on ther radio tonight we may be grateful for him just to stay up.

jesus...how hard is it to appoint someone who not only knows this league, knows how to pick up a bargain, knows how to bring through the odd young'un and knows who to bloody win...

ffs......all this is getting silly...we should have got him the min burley left..

Shut up. Get behind the team.

Billy Davies would be last on the list anyway. Professional ****.

No - this forum is so fickle. Stick with the plan guys - give it time. Its like listening to a bunch of women.

If you could give me an idication of this so called plan I'd appreciate it. All I've seen so far this season on the pitch is unorganised chaos.

I'd personally welcome the likes of Billy Davies (despite the fact I think he's a ****!) with arms as wide as the Grand Canyon. I'd also like to see a couple of experienced Championship campaigners brought in on loan to balance up the inexperience. I'd then like to see a team playing in a 4-4-2 with the a balance of youth and experience.

Oh and just for the record I'd also like to see Skacel brought in at left back with Surman at left midfield... please?

Don't be silly. Lowe couldn't tolerate a manager not apointed by himself. What if pearson had done well? Lowes ego simply couldn't tolerate that. :rolleyes:

Plus he just couldn't resist getting one over on lawrie and leon. :rolleyes:

I am pretty sure it was something to do with high wages and Pearson not wanting to take a pay cut which would work out as Lowe and Wilde trying to do something for the benifit of the club. :o

but of course not, it was all down to getting one over on the other shareholders and people at the club as his master plan was to come back and wind us all up while taking us out of businuss. cause he will be happy if his shares are worth nothing and the polulation of southmpton hates him even more. :rolleyes:

One thing is certain with Davies(apart from him being a prize ****) he wouldn't let 20 year old nobodies sulk and moan at being asked to play a role and continue to pick him.

He wouldn't moan about a player in an after match interview " Bradley showed great energy against Ipswich coming on as a sub but didn't see that today" after Saturday yet he started last night.

BD won't get the job he is too opinionated for our current board

If you could give me an idication of this so called plan I'd appreciate it. All I've seen so far this season on the pitch is unorganised chaos.

I'd personally welcome the likes of Billy Davies (despite the fact I think he's a ****!) with arms as wide as the Grand Canyon. I'd also like to see a couple of experienced Championship campaigners brought in on loan to balance up the inexperience. I'd then like to see a team playing in a 4-4-2 with the a balance of youth and experience.

Oh and just for the record I'd also like to see Skacel brought in at left back with Surman at left midfield... please?

I dont think BD is the answer and I dont really want Another manager change. Given time the kids will learn to do what is asked of them and I personnaly think we shall see some good times.

However if we were to change managers I would be happy if a standard 4-4-2 manager came in and steadied the ship as I dont think we have enough of the time we need to achive the above. At this rate if we survive this season it will be a miracle.

A couple of wins on the bounce could see a complete change of direction by most on here though so this is all far too early

With the youth policy we HAVE to stick with Jan. No other manager would be as prepared to work with these players. We must stick it out, even though it may well end with relegation, because it is the only real option. One step back followed by, hopefully, two forwards.

I like BD and NP because both of them are their own man, know what they want and are single-minded in their pursuit of it. In short, precisely the type of manager that Lowe would have at the bottom of his list if they were both available, but precisely the type of manager that is needed to steady the ship and then make upwards progress in this division. As to those on here who hate Davies and call him all sorts of names, I recall WGS getting much the same treatment before we appointed him.

The major problem for us currently is the fragile confidence of the youngsters, which will be difficult to repair. Lowe obviously hoped that if we were successful as a club giving youngsters a chance of first team football if they were deemed good enough, that we would become a magnet for those youngsters wanting to fast track their careers instead of warming the bench for several seasons. But if we don't turn things around quickly, we will be seen as a team overloaded with youngsters losing games and threatened with the relegation that failure brings; hardly an enticing prospect for potential new younger recruits. So where it is accepted that we need a few older, more experienced heads to steady the ship, both BD and NP would know precisely who could do a job for us and also command enough respect to get in those loans or signings. Look what good it did us when NP got us Lucketti, Perry and Wright for example. Can you see JP having that sort of nous in English football?

I like BD and NP because both of them are their own man, know what they want and are single-minded in their pursuit of it. In short, precisely the type of manager that Lowe would have at the bottom of his list if they were both available, but precisely the type of manager that is needed to steady the ship and then make upwards progress in this division. As to those on here who hate Davies and call him all sorts of names, I recall WGS getting much the same treatment before we appointed him.

The major problem for us currently is the fragile confidence of the youngsters, which will be difficult to repair. Lowe obviously hoped that if we were successful as a club giving youngsters a chance of first team football if they were deemed good enough, that we would become a magnet for those youngsters wanting to fast track their careers instead of warming the bench for several seasons. But if we don't turn things around quickly, we will be seen as a team overloaded with youngsters losing games and threatened with the relegation that failure brings; hardly an enticing prospect for potential new younger recruits. So where it is accepted that we need a few older, more experienced heads to steady the ship, both BD and NP would know precisely who could do a job for us and also command enough respect to get in those loans or signings. Look what good it did us when NP got us Lucketti, Perry and Wright for example. Can you see JP having that sort of nous in English football?

Insightful as ever and I really couldn't agree more Wes .

We're not there yet but if the teams results and performance don't markedly improve (sooner rather than later IMO) Jan Poortvliet's position may well become untenable , in that eventuality Lowe will have to replace him with a strong experienced British manager such as Billy Davies or face the consequences . I could say much more regarding the gravity of Ruperts error in permitting Nigel Pearson to leave but it's all been said before and I don't wish to labour the point at this time .

If RL refuses to take timely action Micheal Wilde will probably have to wield the knife again and use his shareholding to oust RL and usher in yet another 'regime change' in the never-ending farce that is Southampton Football Club .

Everything changes - everything stays the same . :(

in that eventuality Lowe will have to replace him with a strong experienced British manager such as Billy Davies or face the consequences

The last time Rupert caved in to popular demand from fickle fans and appointed a "strong, experienced British manager" we got H*rry Redc*nt. I very much hope he doesn't make the same mistake again.