Rotherham V Saints Post Match Views

exit2

On last nights showing, we can't.

It goes back to the massive flaw in Lowe's plan for this season.

A few years ago we had a brilliant youth team. Of that youth team only 3 or 4 have gone on to play at even CCC level.

Last season we had an ok youth team. Surely logic dicatets we are only going to find 1 or 2 players good enough for the CCC. Which is what we've done.

The rest are barely good enough for league football. As was proved last night.

I'm still just awake to ask: 'were you there, sir?'

If you was one of us very small band of brothers who was there tonight then fair play, but otherwise don't shout abuse at our boys from a far. We are one club - players, fans and all.

Let's all get behind our lads for the Donny game and for ever more.

UP THE SAINTS

Were YOU there, sir?

A. When you left you seemed to think the game was in Rotherham.

B. How did you get the 228 miles back home to post when you did?

Don't tell me you DID go to Rotherham and then slunk back to Brighton without seeing the game!

Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Reading, Tranmere etc etc etc

We have ALWAYS been beaten by lower league teams .... it's nothing new.

Just think that some are completely over reacting.

Were you there? We were shocking last night, the worst performance I have seen in my time following saints (it is up there with the 5-0s of last season) and the worrying part is it comes so soon after what I consider the best performance I have seen (at Derby).

Surely one has the right to get a little worried about things?

Were YOU there, sir?

A. When you left you seemed to think the game was in Rotherham.

B. How did you get the 228 miles back home to post when you did?

Don't tell me you DID go to Rotherham and then slunk back to Brighton without seeing the game!

Victor an apology is in order .

Were you there? We were shocking last night, the worst performance I have seen in my time following saints (it is up there with the 5-0s of last season) and the worrying part is it comes so soon after what I consider the best performance I have seen (at Derby).

I wasn't ...... but I have witnessed more than my far share of cup himiliations over the last 20 years to know that last night was nothing unique.

On current form it is very hard to see how we will avoid relegation.

If we are relegated there will obviously be even less money coming in.

Gates are already falling dramatically.

Less money will mean more players on loan whose loyalty altimately will be elsewhere.

Clearly things are as bad as they have ever been at Southampton football club.

If things are allowed to continue how long will it be before we go into liquidation and are another club who have points deducted ?

Even survival in div 1 would be very difficult.

As a saints fan I am saddened to have to think like this, after all this is a great club.

We never had loads of money in the past but often would buy wisely and were well manged.

We need somehow to stop the rot NOW.

The club needs to take a long hard look at the way they have done business over the last few years which I believe quite frankly has been appalling.

We need a huge shakeup from the chairman down and as passionate supporters we need to demand some change.

Clearly for the good of this football club there has to be changes Now while there is some time and enough games to at least survive this season.because with this current set up

Up the Saints.

The Carling Cup is a joke anyway, now back to focusing on the league!

Could be a blessing in disguise as the manager and players will know they really need to buck their ideas up. Much better this coming in a cup match than in an important league game. Well done to everyone that attended.

COYS

I wasn't ...... but I have witnessed more than my far share of cup himiliations over the last 20 years to know that last night was nothing unique.

Don't think anyone is saying it is unique.

Just the result AND performance last night, coupled with the other performances highlights a big problem.

That we're not good enough for the CCC.

And in the 20 years i've been a supporting and going, that is a unique situation.

That's the sticking point.

Have to say, BD would do all of those things I mentioned above and create a much much much much needed siege mentality amongst the team and the players.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease BD, come down south...

... or he could alienate all the players so they won't play for him and then he'd have to replace them with old donkeys...

Just saying - he's got decent qualities, but he's also the type to dump players that don't fit what he wants and I'm not sure we have the resources for that sort of overhaul.

We're in a tight spot fellas.

W**t a l**d *f ** cking *hit.........again. Got there

How much more of this have we got to put up with?

This result really hurts. We can't defend and we can't score. Might as well just stand in the centre circle for 90 miniutes.

27 years in the top division and all let go in a flash.

Did you see the despair on Matt's face as each goal was scored?

Pathetic last night, nobody seemed even remotely bothered about winning the game.

Mills shouldn't have gone off, he did nothing wrong and Surman is useless at LB.

Nobody wants to shoot, we can look neat all day with passing in the middle but we get to the edge of the box and we get scared.

One bonus was Stern's goal, what an absolute belter!

Credit to Saints fans last night, we outsung the Rotheram who were very quiet, in the end we were singing songs about how bad we were because there was nothing on the pitch to shout about. I think we even pretended to celebrrate scoring a goal in the 85th minute just for something to do.

Well done to all those that travelled, the only bright point about this club at the moment

Victor an apology is in order .

Certainly - profuse apologies to 1976_child for any implication you might not have made it to the match.

And, having myself fallen asleep at the wheel and written off a car, well done for realising you were a danger to others and forking out for a night's kip. Even with expensive hindsight I would probably still have battled on - will I ever grow up? Probably not, I think it's too late now.

Certainly - profuse apologies to 1976_child for any implication you might not have made it to the match.

And, having myself fallen asleep at the wheel and written off a car, well done for realising you were a danger to others and forking out for a night's kip. Even with expensive hindsight I would probably still have battled on - will I ever grow up? Probably not, I think it's too late now.

good man , I knew you were someone of good character. we need fans like you and 1976

On current form it is very hard to see how we will avoid relegation.

If we are relegated there will obviously be even less money coming in.

Gates are already falling dramatically.

Less money will mean more players on loan whose loyalty altimately will be elsewhere.

Clearly things are as bad as they have ever been at Southampton football club.

If things are allowed to continue how long will it be before we go into liquidation and are another club who have points deducted ?

Even survival in div 1 would be very difficult.

As a saints fan I am saddened to have to think like this, after all this is a great club.

We never had loads of money in the past but often would buy wisely and were well manged.

We need somehow to stop the rot NOW.

The club needs to take a long hard look at the way they have done business over the last few years which I believe quite frankly has been appalling.

We need a huge shakeup from the chairman down and as passionate supporters we need to demand some change.

Clearly for the good of this football club there has to be changes Now while there is some time and enough games to at least survive this season.because with this current set up

....to be continued?

:)

p.s. you have that 'interesting' mix of 'May 2007' join date with 'not many posts'. Are you Michael Nank per chance?

Please, for the love of God, be Michael Nank

Edited by trousers

....to be continued?

:)

p.s. you have that 'interesting' mix of 'May 2007' join date with 'not many posts'. Are you Michael Nank per chance?

Please, for the love of God, be Michael Nank

we can pray but I dont think so.MC seemed to have someone who knew that set up, the club should buy her a ticket and get on a plane and get the deal sorted and tell them there is no problem they all want to go ahead.

I imagine that you were amongst the brave 400 last night and yes we were truly truly sh$£e. However, having been to Notts County, Mansfield and Peterborough I can honestly say that no this was most emphatically not the worst performance of the 4. That was the Mansfield performance. And at least Rotherham are by a mile the best side in League 2. Small consolation I know.

Again I would also agree that it is only one game but I would like to put on record that if the spineless and inept BWP or ND ever play for Saints again I will think seriously about not going.

Maybe everyone will feel better after our inevitable win at Donny.

Despite the initial promise, I have to say Billy Davies would give this football club and it's players a big ****ing kick up the arse it needs.

This is a man who can rejuvinate the club, the players, the fans and the city.

Pearson was kicking arse and then the board kicked his !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I imagine that you were amongst the brave 400 last night and yes we were truly truly sh$£e. However, having been to Notts County, Mansfield and Peterborough I can honestly say that no this was most emphatically not the worst performance of the 4. That was the Mansfield performance. And at least Rotherham are by a mile the best side in League 2. Small consolation I know.

Again I would also agree that it is only one game but I would like to put on record that if the spineless and inept BWP or ND ever play for Saints again I will think seriously about not going.

Maybe everyone will feel better after our inevitable win at Donny.

Personally i thought this was worse than Mansfield.

Brighton just beat Man City - puts it all into perspective.

Come on get real. It was the cup - anything can happen.

Rotherham had already beaten Championship opposition.

Rotherham were at home - was always going to be difficult.

Stay positive. What else do you have?

If we had been winning regularly in the league, this defeat could be brushed off as a one off. Unforetunately, we do not look like beating any opposition at any level.

True, Rotherham had beaten Championship opposition but only on penalties against weakened teams. They stuffed us in 90 mins and we fielded our strongest possible XI (with the exception of Bart for Davis). Rotherham are a team that has only just come out of administration and they weren't at home. They haven't got a home, so they have to play at a soulless athletics stadium 10 miles away in another city.

Therefore, to dress this up as anything but a disaster is completely wrong. We are in the sh!t.

Brighton just beat Man City - puts it all into perspective.

Come on get real. It was the cup - anything can happen.

Rotherham had already beaten Championship opposition.

Rotherham were at home - was always going to be difficult.

Stay positive. What else do you have?

We have got to stay positive.What else can we do indeed?

COYR

Correct me if I am wrong but we have been dumped out of the Carling Cup by a rubbish team 4 years running now - Mansfield, Notts Co, Peterborough and now Rotherham. This has prevented us four years running from any chance of progressing to a decent level in this competition and/or facing Prem opposition (and getting our hands on the resultant revenue). I'm not saying we should put the League Cup before the CCC but in my opinion this is an opportunity missed.

Don Valley is definitely the weirdest place I've ever watched football. People talk about these players putting in more effort than the ones from last season, but I just don't see it. These lot are just as lazy and useless as they were. I keep thinking it can't get any worse, but it always does. So depressing following Saints these days, there's absolutely nothing to get excited about now. How far are we going to fall?