would you settle for administration...

JustMike

..if it meant getting shot of RL and MW and getting new owners on the cheap?

I know its a scary thought but i really do not see an alternative unless this takeover LC was on about happens soon...like tomorrow!!

Yes, and I've been saying it (and been abused for it) for the last 9 months.

As someone so eloquently said this afternoon on here, Lowe is an administrator in all but title already. At least an appointed administrator would be faceless with no history or baggage.

FOOK THE POINTS. This club needs a clean slate before the healing and recovering can start.

There's no point throwing in the towel.

As long as there's a chance that we can finish 4th bottom then we must keep going and give it our all.

Administration will almost certiainly lead to relegation and won't necessarily get rid of those c ***s.

We, the fans, have always given our all but, with continued disappointments like tonight, it becomes ever harder. Unfortunately, the seamless transition of our youngsters into the first team stretches to not giving a sh*t about performances too.

Can't stand the thought of going down again, but think i would rather go down fighting than because of points deducted.

but i want those fools out, so if your going to go down anyway at least start again without them, I don't know whats best.

when is the cut off point for the deduction taking place this season? else we could go down and start next season on minus....or would that happen either way?

Can't stand the thought of going down again, but think i would rather go down fighting than because of points deducted.

but i want those fools out, so if your going to go down anyway at least start again without them, I don't know whats best.

when is the cut off point for the deduction taking place this season? else we could go down and start next season on minus....or would that happen either way?

Sometime in March I believe.

It seems to me that there are 2 choices:

1. League 1 next season with this "experiment" in place, and with Ru**rt and the traitor

2. League 1 next season with 15 points penalty, but without this experiment and without Ru**rt and the traitor.

I'll take option 2, because at least then we have a shot at surviving, or even thriving, in League 1

I wonder if Rupert may be relieved from his duties by the muppets whose proxies he holds.

I won't hold my breath, especially where the slimy Askham is concerned.

I doubt it.

I think that bunch shot their load of bright ideas when they brough him on board in the first place.

The one silver lining of administration will be seeing some of those people losing large amounts of money. I would feel very sorry for Crouch though (and any other businesses affected).

Yes, and I've been saying it (and been abused for it) for the last 9 months.

As someone so eloquently said this afternoon on here, Lowe is an administrator in all but title already. At least an appointed administrator would be faceless with no history or baggage.

FOOK THE POINTS. This club needs a clean slate before the healing and recovering can start.

Yes...I also suggested at the turn of the year that administration could be what we need in the long term - short term pain...long term gain. And, yes, I also got slated for it....but not as much as your good self!

No, I don't like to risk the existence of the club on the basis of pathetic class wars and personal vendettas. Just doesn't do it for me.

To be fair I think most realistic people would want shot of Lowe even if his Great Grandfather, Grandfather, Father and he himself were dockyard welders.

When You're sh1t at a job, you shouldn't continue with that job, simple really :smt102

Basically the reality is admin is not good. We get the points added on the following season meaning if we go down this season as looks likely we will have a 10-15 points deduction for league 1. If we survive that then we can build from there the following season. Meaning if we go into admin were looking a 2 seasons at least to return to where we are now. While that may sort out most of our problems it will also create many new ones. Without money today you don't get far.

What really should happen is Wilde and Lowe need to resign. They are representives of the club and they have failed. If you or i were like that within our jobs we would be fired and we would expect to be fired too. They are however immune to this by having an alliance. This alliance is what is killing the club. Lowe and Wilde deserve to lose their shares i think there is no doubt about that. However Southampton doesn't deserve the effects of admin.

If by January we are at bottom adrift by miles then we will probably go into admin anyway.

Administration is not the answer. We are financed diffently than other clubs, with the stadium.

Do not be surprised to see rupes coming out of administration with more power and owning us lock stock and barrell

Nah, not a prayer of that happening. Norwich Union and Barclays are the largest creditors unlike in the case of LUFC where Bates was. NU and Barclays would want the highest offer and Lowe basically doesn't have a pot to **** in in the scheme of things. Out of Lowe, Wilde and Crouch the latter is the wealthiest so if any of the three were to become our new owner post administration Crouch is the likeliest. That said a consortium (possibly including Leon Crouch) is the likliest scenario IMO.

Basically the reality is admin is not good. We get the points added on the following season meaning if we go down this season as looks likely we will have a 10-15 points deduction for league 1. If we survive that then we can build from there the following season. Meaning if we go into admin were looking a 2 seasons at least to return to where we are now. While that may sort out most of our problems it will also create many new ones. Without money today you don't get far.

What really should happen is Wilde and Lowe need to resign. They are representives of the club and they have failed. If you or i were like that within our jobs we would be fired and we would expect to be fired too. They are however immune to this by having an alliance. This alliance is what is killing the club. Lowe and Wilde deserve to lose their shares i think there is no doubt about that. However Southampton doesn't deserve the effects of admin.

If by January we are at bottom adrift by miles then we will probably go into admin anyway.

not if we go into admin before march, the points will apply to this season, we would only get a further deduction if other (cant remember what, something to do with voluntary something ala bournemouth) criterea isnt met.

Not ideal i know but what is the alternative? If we carry on like this we WILL go down, lose even more players, even fewer fans will attend the games, in short, be worse off than if we went into admin now and got taken over on the cheap

not if we go into admin before march, the points will apply to this season, we would only get a further deduction if other (cant remember what, something to do with voluntary something ala bournemouth) criterea isnt met.

Creditors Voluntary Agreement - basically where all the people who are owed money have to agree to accept a lower sum, usually between 1-10% of the debt. Apart from the players, who have to be paid in full, or the FA will throw the book at you.

The problem now is that the Inland Revenue has had enough of getting shafted by football clubs, and so is refusing to accept CVAs whilst the players are getting paid in full. And if you can't get a CVA (i think it has to be sorted out before the new season starts), then you get docked a further 17 points, as has happened to Rotherham, Bournemouth and Luton this season.

So I think that it's a given that going in to administration will cost ten points this season, and seventeen next season, and there's no guarantee that Lowe and Wilde wouldn't still be in charge!

UHm... apologies but even in administration, Lowe and wilde would still hold their shares whatever they may worth... unless they sell their interest whatever it may be worth. Only insolvency and liquidation would strip them of their share - and it is not beyond the realms of possiblity that under those circumstances they they would do a Ken Bates and buy back a greater share at a reduced price from the recievers.... just a thought to spooil everyones day.

Seriously Administration should be avoided at any cost.

Creditors Voluntary Agreement - basically where all the people who are owed money have to agree to accept a lower sum, usually between 1-10% of the debt. Apart from the players, who have to be paid in full, or the FA will throw the book at you.

The problem now is that the Inland Revenue has had enough of getting shafted by football clubs, and so is refusing to accept CVAs whilst the players are getting paid in full. And if you can't get a CVA (i think it has to be sorted out before the new season starts), then you get docked a further 17 points, as has happened to Rotherham, Bournemouth and Luton this season.

So I think that it's a given that going in to administration will cost ten points this season, and seventeen next season, and there's no guarantee that Lowe and Wilde wouldn't still be in charge!

HMRC will only be able to block the CVA if they (and other creditors opposing the CVA) hold 25% or more of the debt. Given the massive sums owed to Norwich Union and Barclays, I'd say it's highly unlikely they'd be able to block it on their own.

Even with that information, I still maintain that administration is simply not a road we want to be going down. Simply, there are no guaranteed benefits.

HMRC will only be able to block the CVA if they (and other creditors opposing the CVA) hold 25% or more of the debt. Given the massive sums owed to Norwich Union and Barclays, I'd say it's highly unlikely they'd be able to block it on their own.

Even with that information, I still maintain that administration is simply not a road we want to be going down. Simply, there are no guaranteed benefits.

Apart from the points docking (and I maintain that this new "golden era has probably cost us well on the way to 10 already), what's the difference between administration and what is going on now ?

Agreed. But frankly even if we wanted to go the CVA route I would be suprised if Barclays and Norwich Union would take a small percentage of what's owed. They can as much back every year in charges and interest so it would only be in their interest to allow this if we persistently defaulted and showed no likelihood of mending our ways.

Administration is something that seems to be viewed in the collective consciousness of fans as being an endpoint. I think it's increasingly likely to be a staging post on the way to liquidation - no more SFC or at best an Aldershot-esque outcome.

The opportunity to do a Leeds is simply not available to clubs anymore. Administration will no longer be the easy way out - it's going to be painful medicine which won't ensure a return to former glories, more like some kind of palliative care. It's not where we want to go

Ponty, FC, nick, get used to the idea of administration, however much you think it is not an answer.

If there is no takeover, its going to happen somewhen between now and the end of the season.

That may be the case, I still am hopeful we can avoid it. As I say I have no experience of administration in my 30 odd years of running business but all I do know it isnt pretty however you look at it. It may serve somes purpose to think the big bad wolves are going to be punished but I dont see it being the case.Who gets hurt is mr and mrs hard working small business who have worked their business up and then are cut at the knees by the administrator as they have to take a frraction what they are owed.It stops anyone providing/dealing with you in future as they make instant payment and no credit terms.

The best is sold in a firesale and you are left with the dregs.

In a lovely world no one gets hurt peolpe like Askham and the fools who were there and made PA turn away (before you all dismiss this, the powers that be want you to think he was never4 there, they would never want the fans to know they co#### up the biggest opportunity in the clubs history) but no they will make sure they are insulated before the administrator is called in.

Going into administration will hurt the little people and the big boys will still have the power.

Apart from the points docking (and I maintain that this new "golden era has probably cost us well on the way to 10 already), what's the difference between administration and what is going on now ?

Administration is only for the benefit of the creditors. The administrator has no responsiblity to leave a going concern, no remit to build for the future, all he will be tasked with doing is recovering as much of what's owed as possible during the term of his tenure. If he pays of the creditors and switches off the lights it's job done. We can rely on the self interest of the shareholders to at least mean they will attempt to do have something left for the future.

I dont see how it has cost us ten points. With the staff the club could afford we would have done similar whoever was in charge.I was happy to try NP not overawed, BD also) but with the constraints we would be very much as we are now.I know as UMp has said we could have perhaps had a few experienced pros but unless the bank are prepared to release funds to pay for them we would nt have them. The ridding of the high earmers would be a prerequisite to the banks support.

We have been spoilt to a certain degree of having star players over the years but have to accept that the parachute is gone and we are hurtling to the ground without a secondary one because people didnt make plans when it was about to close.

I dont see how it has cost us ten points. With the staff the club could afford we would have done similar whoever was in charge.I was happy to try NP not overawed, BD also) but with the constraints we would be very much as we are now.I know as UMp has said we could have perhaps had a few experienced pros but unless the bank are prepared to release funds to pay for them we would nt have them. The ridding of the high earmers would be a prerequisite to the banks support.

We have been spoilt to a certain degree of having star players over the years but have to accept that the parachute is gone and we are hurtling to the ground without a secondary one because people didnt make plans when it was about to close.

So if we don't have any money why sign Gasmi and Pulis? Why did we not use that money for more experience when it is bloody obvious these very talented kids need help? Sorry if that reads aggressive its not meant that way just I am baffled why we signed Pulis even if he is on £500 a week that could be used elsewhere plus agents fees etc.

So if we don't have any money why sign Gasmi and Pulis? Why did we not use that money for more experience when it is bloody obvious these very talented kids need help?
Ron I dont know the deals details.Its all smoke and mirrors, I dont believe we've paid for Pulis but IMO it may be a way to mask how much we got for AD and so have to pay less to Boro. I may be well off the mark but it seems if we could relly have him for free but on the books 200k is knocked off the AD deal then we have saved a bit of the sell on clause. Gasmi is out injured and so is not our player as yet as far as Imaware.

Nah, not a prayer of that happening. Norwich Union and Barclays are the largest creditors unlike in the case of LUFC where Bates was. NU and Barclays would want the highest offer and Lowe basically doesn't have a pot to **** in in the scheme of things. Out of Lowe, Wilde and Crouch the latter is the wealthiest so if any of the three were to become our new owner post administration Crouch is the likeliest. That said a consortium (possibly including Leon Crouch) is the likliest scenario IMO.

To be fair if any of the 3 get there grubby handn back on SFC after administration would be a bad thing. None of them have the funds or ability to make a difference so if we go into Admin I would want a fresh start completly and someone new in with drive and ambition.

That said I really dont want us to go into admin either. I dont see it as a way out and only see it as a huge step backwards that would not rid us of the bad eggs we have in the club.

Wouldn't Norwich Union just get possession of the stadium - I assume that the loan for the stadium is secured against it? And, given the number of players we had last year, and some of the stupid salaries they were on, I wouldn't rule out HMRC being over that 25% threshold.

"Oh yes it will...."

krankies-gal.jpg

I saw them in my local sainsburys last year and turned into a little kid lol. Growing up they were always on TV and I loved them (how sad is that?)

The embarressing thing in sainsburys was when I started doing all there catch phrases like "ooooh I could crush a grape" and " Rock On Tommy". They looked at me like I was mental and it wasnt till I got in the car that I realised that they were not there catch phrases!!!!!! :(

Made my day seeing them though lol

I saw them in my local sainsburys last year and turned into a little kid lol. Growing up they were always on TV and I loved them (how sad is that?)

The embarressing thing in sainsburys was when I started doing all there catch phrases like "ooooh I could crush a grape" and " Rock On Tommy". They looked at me like I was mental and it wasnt till I got in the car that I realised that they were not there catch phrases!!!!!! :(

Made my day seeing them though lol

Well it would make them think you were taking the rip.

I was staying in a hotel and Daqve Hill from Slade was there giving it the big one, people fawning over him.Anyway I was walking outside as he was coming in and I said @give us a song Dave.' He thought I was taking the p### and ignored me for the rest of the time there.