Bart Vs KD

offix

I seem to remember that at the time when we acquired Bart a large group of posters (maybe even a majority) fancied Bart to be the better goalie. It would be interesting to know if that has changed, and if so is that because KD got better or did Bart get worse (and why?)

I certainly thought he looked the part and had a great future.

Seemed to go off the boil after his injury and lost a bit of confidence, which I think is a massive factor for goalkeepers.

Wouldn't write him off just yet and being honest I miht have lost my confidence with our defence in recent years.

By contast Davis seems to have found is confidence and has improved immensely.

Bart stopped playing.

Kelvin was in for most the playoff season and not performing that well. Bart came in and did very well indeed. But he started the season in front of the worst saints defence I've ever seen. We really could have conceded 10 at home to a very poor palace team. Bart was then dropped by Burley, who'd previously said regarding Kelvin that you didn't drop keepers after a bad game. But that was the usual consistency of Burley theory.

Bart hasn't fully recovered yet by the look of it, BUT he has looked ok, and does still have a lot of potential given his age. At the same time, Kelvin has improved this season, perhaps relishing the role of being a senior pro and role model, perhaps getting a kick up the arse by seeing how much better Richard Wright was than him last season.

I'm happy enough for Bart to come in when needed though. He'll get better and learn from mistakes. If Kelvin can improve so much in one summer, then Bart has all the time in the world.

In terms of his career he may have "all the time in the world", but Saints don't have that luxury.

. At the same time, Kelvin has improved this season, perhaps relishing the role of being a senior pro and role model, perhaps getting a kick up the arse by seeing how much better Richard Wright was than him last season.

KD has not improved that much , he was consistantly good last season fans just let their predudices get the better of them. He made some fantastic saves to keep us in matches.He got injured and RW came and did very well.He had the bonus of fans giving him a completely fresh start and so that was shown in his preformances.

Bart has lost his confidence in a big way and I cant see him getting it back for some time if ever.Blayney was the same also Paul SMith although now he has regained a lot of his confidence.

Same, but now I get the feeling he was part of the Bale settlement.

That's the way I understood it at the time. But I remember there being all sorts of talk about him being well-regarded at Spurs, about him only leaving there to get games. Perhaps there was no option for us to take money as settlement.

An Idea

Part of Barts problem is that he gets very few cometitive games

What about loaning him to a club that will have him as 1st choice player

The loan would be on the basis of reclaiming him with 24hrs notice

Meanwhile Forcast keeps the bench warm

Comments??

Gives him experience, gives us our safety net, but with no risk. I like it :)

That's the way I understood it at the time. But I remember there being all sorts of talk about him being well-regarded at Spurs, about him only leaving there to get games. Perhaps there was no option for us to take money as settlement.

there was a contract stipulating that they would pay us X amount. Why the **** did we not sit and wait for the cash to roll in rather than take a third string keeper instead? the bank wanted cash not extra wages.

Did we even need a 3rd keeper? We could have got an emergency loan if we had got an injury to Davis/Bartor just used a youngster to sit on the bench. Madness.

The only thing I can think of was Davis was sold and it fell through at last minute and we got left holding the baby (Forecast).

there was a contract stipulating that they would pay us X amount. Why the **** did we not sit and wait for the cash to roll in rather than take a third string keeper instead? the bank wanted cash not extra wages.

Did we even need a 3rd keeper? We could have got an emergency loan if we had got an injury to Davis/Bartor just used a youngster to sit on the bench. Madness.

The only thing I can think of was Davis was sold and it fell through at last minute and we got left holding the baby (Forecast).

I understand Forecast came as part of the Gareth Bale 'Early Settlement' not all all it , I'm pretty sure we recieved a lump of cash in addition to TF .

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/search/?mode=movenav&page_id=10277

Reading the article it seems pretty clear he was promised a good chance of 1st team football and it's not very much of a logical jump to assume that Bart or Davis were presumed to be leaving at that time .

Giving a young untested player a 5 year contract seems strange to me , perhaps Rupert was trying to maximise any future transfer fee by tying the player down to a long contract - of course he'll never be worth anything until he successfully plays in the 1st team .

After last night's performance it is clearly KD, all the things people accuse Davis of (not commanding his area being the charge most leveled against him) were evident in last night's game and then some. For his and our sake, an particularly as we have Forecast, he should go out on loan somewhere, even just for a month or two.

Even then I've never bought into the argument that Davis is a bad keeper, his game has flaws but at this level he is a very, very capable player. So for me Davis is by far and away our best option between the sticks, and I'd put Poke ahead of Bart too.