Charlton Athletic Build Up

Appy

This is a big game - we only have faint play off hopes but we just need to keep winning and hope Hudds blow it and as we know Brentford are a tough outfit for Hudds to face with no little energy, skill and pace at Griffin Park, they hammered us second half up there.

Pardew has already outlined that he will be strengthening in the summer so one or two players need to step it up if they are not to be spending next season benched. Mr Hammond in particular needs a consistent finish to the season as I can't see him dislodging Morgan next season but I can see Pardew bringing in at least one new CM, if not more. Hopefully Seaborne will continue to develop and stake a claim to a regular starting spot and Semi has done well so far but deal up in the summer.

The Charlton turnout (or lack of) thus far is surprising, they could go second if results go their way.

I'm sat in mcdonalds on the a20 and 4 lads wearing immaculate, matching training gear have just started tucking into some grub. I think we'll be ok! I'll find out who they are later, one is totally bald with a huge nose, another is going grey and has tats on his arms.

Are you sure that's not one of the Skates' fans coaches getting confused on their semi-final dates?

Mr Hammond in particular needs a consistent finish to the season as I can't see him dislodging Morgan next season but I can see Pardew bringing in at least one new CM, if not more.

There's no way Hammond will be dropped IMO. He's been one of our buys of the season - he's perfect for this league. We'll be lucky to hold onto Morgan for another year though.

I'm sat in mcdonalds on the a20 and 4 lads wearing immaculate, matching training gear have just started tucking into some grub. I think we'll be ok! I'll find out who they are later, one is totally bald with a huge nose, another is going grey and has tats on his arms.

Last one sounds like Matty Spring.

Baldy could be Shelvey?

I posted this on the echo site yesterday but will repeat it on here, Mount Pleasant Road is CLOSED by the Old Farmhouse for vehicles.

They are digging a trench for Gas repairs from the level crossing back towards Bevois Valley and all traffic are directed down Derby Road.

Traffic on the east side is stopped by the roundabout by the old TV studios.

The road is still open for pedestrians and bikes, but I know a number of people use this road to drop off and collect people on match days so I thought I should mention it otherwise there will be a lot of moaners on here come Sunday/Monday.

I hope we hit the ground running like the JPT game against Charlton. I've gone for 2-1 Saints COYR keep the dream alive for another week.

Yeh I would have to agree with that Under Weststand Mate as I also think that we will sneak a 2-1 win tomorrow but we will see :)!

COYR!!

well it all hinges on today surely. A win for us and we will be 8pts behind with a game in hand. Think Huddersfield could struggle against Brentford who will be tough to beat at home. Think Oldham will be up for it at home to Bristol and Colchester may well be beaten at home by Swindon. If all goes our way then I think its very much on.

The next week will let us know if the race for the playoff's are still on or not. If we come out of this week Charlton home, Bristol R Away, Yeovil away with at least 7 points we will still be in with a shout!

These are 3 very hard games, but after this I think the last 4 we should win them all!!

COYR!!

COYS.

At 3pm, I shall be sat in a 26ft sailboat aground and waiting for the tide to come and float us off. Then we'll be making our way up the Itchen to get some diesel, and I shall hopefully have time to get the radio tuned into Solent's commentary. My sailing buddy is definitely not interested in football, so I'll be listening out for crowd noises as we get nearer. Huge cheers will be taken as goals scored..! Let's have a few today, especially the positive ones.

COYS

In your opinion and mine they are gone. Others still have hope. Hopefully the players still do as i would love to beat Charlton.

Despair I can live with (get over it after kicking a few cats and massive hang overs) - it's the hope that kills me :-) Just when we think we have blown the play offs for this year, we put together a few results or some bright spark comes up with a possible (completely unrealistic but just about plausible) case for us making it and I get my hopes up again - just to end up in the same old football cycle of life and disappointment !!!

No matter how many times I convince myself we have blown the play off this season and just enjoy the remaining games and look forward to next season, some fracker (Caprica speak) gives me HOPE - not sure I can take any more :-(

p.s. hate to say it (as they are just about an English team), but delighted Manure lost last night !!!

We will win and win very comfortably - and I will keep hoping :-) COYRS Never boring supporting Saints is it ????

At 3pm, I shall be sat in a 26ft sailboat aground and waiting for the tide to come and float us off.

Westerly Centaur? Anyway, shame on you going sailing in footie season. I shall be doing housework or lesson preparation or something and popping in here. Wish I felt confident but I don't.