Huddersfield v Oldham Build Up / Match Thread

dune

2-0 huddersfield, how the **** they have won that is beyond me.

oldham have dicked them without being able to finish.

playoffs are all gone now, smallest chance just went off in the distance.

we needed them to drop points tonight, if we were to have the games to catch them up.

we needed them to drop points tonight, if we were to have the games to catch them up.

No we didn't. Easiest game they had.

Next three Brentford away, Walsall home, millwall home. Won't win more than 1.

Not really, today was a game they were always going to win. Let's see them beat Milwall and Swindon. And see how they get on at Exeter.

Long shot for sure but they will drop six/seven points easily. It's just a question of whether we can go into the last game of the season within three points of them.

I think this has been said time and time again but until it is mathmatically not possible, I will still have hope.

Absolutely. If I had approached football with the mindset that the unlikely will never happen I would have given up on supporting Saints before I had even begun!

I can see Huddersfield losing to Brentford,Exeter & Millwall.So we then need a slip up against Colchester or Walsall at home.They are massive favourites at the moment but you never know!! If they beat Brentford away on saturday then I think it is all over.They were always likely to win tonight but we hoped for an unlikely slip up which didn't materialise

So - we need Brentford to do us a real favour and win on Sat, then we need Millwall to go up there (fighting for an automatic place) and get a win, then we need Colchester to get a draw against them then we need to win all our games.............

...I won't bother to check out the ticket prices at Wembley just yet.

I think this has been said time and time again but until it is mathmatically not possible, I will laugh at all the people that still have hope.

Re-read that last line of yours.... And then try and understand what an unpleasant person you paint yourself as (though I am sure you are a modern nihilist who cares not what others think).

Re-read that last line of yours.... And then try and understand what an unpleasant person you paint yourself as (though I am sure you are a modern nihilist who cares not what others think).

I used to live in Kent. xxx

You are right about me not caring what you think though. :-)

Did it. Not that I take anything from this nor do I believe we will win every game (which is what I put us down to do) but had us going up on goal difference.

Huddersfield to drop 2 points at Brentford Saturday, lose to Colchester and Millwall.

I don't believe we will do it, but I do believe if we win all our games we will just scrape in.

Just done it for the first time and I have us being above the relegation zone by 2 points.

I've just done it and have us outside of the play-offs by only two points, so still possible, for me. Can we injure some of our rivals players in off field incidents? Only joking PC Plod.

6 Huddersfield 78pts

7 Southampton 74pts

8 Colchester 72pts

...and then 100 new threads of what if, what if, we should have beat Wycombe and Tranmere - Pardew out, we shouldn't have had 10 points knocked off - Lowe out.

Did the prediction league for the first time. I had us drawing one more game and winning the rest and we miss out by 2 points with us on 76 and Huddersfield on 78.

It would be very frustrated to miss out by such a small margin and a strange one to reflect on as 2 more points would see us in but if you were to add the 10 points back, we would miss out on auto promotion by 1 point! (obvioulsy all based on my predictions but everyone seems to be getting a similar end of seaon league).