Burnley v Citeh. Would you leave early if it was Saints?

lordswoodsaints

And what a management career that successful ex England and Saints manager has carved out for himself in the top leagues around Europe.

Oh.

I agree with you..however, at the time Luggy over hoddle was utterly laughable and would probably result in the downward spiral of the club.....hang on.....................................

I agree with you..however, at the time Luggy over hoddle was utterly laughable and would probably result in the downward spiral of the club.....hang on.....................................

I agree, it was a stupid decision but the Hoddle lovefest obsession by some weirdos needs to be treated with the contempt it deserves.

And what a management career that successful ex England and Saints manager has carved out for himself in the top leagues around Europe.

Oh.

At the time Hoddle was a much better option than Sturrock.

However, the real point is why appoint Sturrock, why ?

We were at the time a relatively stable Prem club with 26 years in the top flight.

When we needed an experienced manager with status, we appointed Wurzel.

Our doom was assured from that point onwards. I think most Saints fans were expecting the appointment of Hoddle and were totally underwhelmed at the appointment of Sturrock.

As for the fans who helped to block Hoddle's appointment, they quickly melted into the background and have since done their best to bury this episode in our clubs history.

It must not happen.

Ridiculous, I was disgusted at the Burnley fans that left. You pay good money to get in and, yes, you've paid so you have every right to leave, but you should still support your team until the bitter end. Burnley stood very little chance of staying up this season, their fans should have known what they were in for, but they still seem disappointed.

I've never left before the end of a Saints game, and I hope I never will.

Never walked out early - ever. Mind you, I'm out the door pronto, as soon as the final whistle goes. Nowadays, I can so rarely find the time and expense, to attend anyway, that I can pretty much guarantee not to leave early. Unless the match is abandoned, of course.

At the time Hoddle was a much better option than Sturrock.

However, the real point is why appoint Sturrock, why ?

We were at the time a relatively stable Prem club with 26 years in the top flight.

When we needed an experienced manager with status, we appointed Wurzel.

Our doom was assured from that point onwards. I think most Saints fans were expecting the appointment of Hoddle and were totally underwhelmed at the appointment of Sturrock.

As for the fans who helped to block Hoddle's appointment, they quickly melted into the background and have since done their best to bury this episode in our clubs history.

It must not happen.

That's strange, I thought Wurzel took us to mid table security, left the next season after just 2 matches (W1 L1), and we got relegated after a disastrous season under Wigley and Saggy Chops.

I must be losing my memory. :rolleyes:

That's strange, I thought Wurzel took us to mid table security, left the next season after just 2 matches (W1 L1), and we got relegated after a disastrous season under Wigley and Saggy Chops.

I must be losing my memory. :rolleyes:

new manager syndrome..?

he was cack...simple as that

I have only ever left a game before the final whistle once, that was Leeds at the Dell, and it was because I was right next to the away fans, and I tohught there might be trouble afterwards.

I have never and will never leave a game for football reasons before the final whistle, no matter how bad it gets

I did it once First Game back in Division 1 78/79 season away to Norwich, the coach got lost & didn't get there until just before half time, i was just paying my entrance fee when there was a massive roar from the home crowd 1-0 down 2 more goals 2nd half & 3-0 Norwich so walked out about a minute to go just gone down the back of the steps & Ted MacDougal scored & I missed it. Carp day got there late carp result but missed the only high point. You just never know what will happen in football that is what is so great about the game.

If people only go to a game to watch their team win, rather than watch the football, they'd be better off doing spending their money on something else, and certainly not going to Burnley games. Even when Saints were struggling in the Prem and only won a handful of matches in the relegation season there were still around 30,000 fans at home games.

I just remember leaving the dell @ half time against Blackburn for Shearers home coming, got to say though I was so ****ed I could hardly stand,leaving early when your team are crap is no big deal, a vote with your feet shows a clear message to the team, but they may get confused with everyone who goes down after 35mins to get the beers in.

Coincidentally we were 3 - 0 down to Burnley last season after 11 minutes. Got back to 3 - 2.

Yes and it was only the mrs that made me stay to see that small fight back!! I was going to leave such was my disgust at the football!!!

Having said that I have never left early