3/4/2010 Results that effect Saints.

Tac-tics

I never thought 5 or 6 years ago that we would be seeing the likes of Wigan, Burnley, Hull, Stoke 2 divisions above of us.

Mind you when I first started going to the Dell Burnley were a Top Div 1 side and Stoke won Div 2

And they were only playing Rugby in Wigan

FT in all the games.

Mk Dons 0 - 1 charlton

Wycombe 1 - 2 Huddersfield

yesterdays results were great, but todays are the worst we could have asked for tbh. i cannot see how we can do it now, it just isn't going to happen.

nm - next season we won't even be worrying about scraping into the playoffs.

yesterdays results were great, but todays are the worst we could have asked for tbh. i cannot see how we can do it now, it just isn't going to happen.

Todays result haven't increased the gap from how it was after yesterday. All it has done is probably put Charlton out of reach. Huddersfield and Colchester are still catchable.

I suggest doing the bbc predictor using just huddersfield, colchester and saints.

What does that achieve? It puts Huddersfield second and us third for me.

EDIT; Oh I see, it shows who finishes above who.

Edited by Saint_clark

I suggest doing the bbc predictor using just huddersfield, colchester and saints.

I keep doing that but still cannot get us in the play offs without winning all games Huddersfield did well today

Edited by John B

Todays result haven't increased the gap from how it was after yesterday. All it has done is probably put Charlton out of reach. Huddersfield and Colchester are still catchable.

If we're going to catch anyone, I think it'll be Charlton. Charlton's remaining games:

Fixtures

Saturday, 3 April 2010

Coca-Cola Football League One

MK Dons v Charlton, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday, 5 April 2010

Charlton v Carlisle, 15:00

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, 10 April 2010

Southampton v Charlton, 15:00

Tuesday, 13 April 2010

Charlton v Colchester, 19:45

Saturday, 17 April 2010

Charlton v Norwich, 15:00

Saturday, 24 April 2010

Exeter v Charlton, 15:00

Saturday, 1 May 2010

Charlton v Leeds United, 15:00

Saturday, 8 May 2010

Oldham v Charlton, 15:00

I think we will win all our games, other than bristol rovers away which will will draw. This leaves us with 76. I think we will have about a 30% chance. Will need huddersfield not to win at stcokport or slip up another way. This is unless leeds keep this shocking run going. Dont think colchester will finish above us. Huddersfiled will beat oldham unfortunately. Will need morgan to be fit and connnely to come off bench. If we get 76 I will be fine about our prospects for next season.

The actual teams we need to by-pass does not matter in a way - it's the number of points needed to grab 6th place (because that's all we can possibly hope for). Put it this way, the teams currently below say Leeds might have a chance to catch them or to put it another way Leeds have yet to gain sufficient points to guarantee a play-off place, so if they lose every game for example to end of season then it could be them we're chasing.

It's pretty simple actually - just one more slip up and we'll not be in the play-offs this season. If we win every game - we've got a reasonable chance given some of the results lately.

Edited by Saint Fan CaM

Disagree about our chances being over if charlton win.

Its ALL about Colchester, Huddersfiled & Saints

I'd even say to rule out Colchester. They're sh1t and have been well lucky to be where they are all season - now theyre getting the results they deserve..

I don't think the results today are that bad, 6th place is still the same points away and MK Dons have been pegged back. If we make it we will nick 6th place so 5th going seemingly out of site doesn't effect that.

Always thought MK Dons were unlikely to be in the playoffs but Huddersfield gaining three points is not at all good

I think we will win all our games, other than bristol rovers away which will will draw. This leaves us with 76. I think we will have about a 30% chance. Will need huddersfield not to win at stcokport or slip up another way. This is unless leeds keep this shocking run going. Dont think colchester will finish above us. Huddersfiled will beat oldham unfortunately. Will need morgan to be fit and connnely to come off bench. If we get 76 I will be fine about our prospects for next season.

I think we will beat Bristol Rovers as it is my birthday and we usually do well on that day.

Including beating Man U at the Dell in 1996 comprehensively 4 1 I think