The playoffs aint done yet

alki_in_korea

I don't hate you GS, But I like most on here just can't understand your constant b*tching & negativity. When we lose you complain why cant we grind out a result. When this week we've done just that twice 2-2 draw with Brighton who had been on a winning run, & who hadn't conceded a goal in 5 games, & then we don't perform well but win today. And yet all you do is carp on & on, we know it wasn't pretty today but still it was 3-points. You always seem to find negatives even out of positives. We wont win all our games with flair & wonderful football every week, & you dismiss in a sarcastic way the -10 points & the lack of pre-season that led to the poor first 10 games as a mere excuse, & wonder why people have a go at you.

I will try and be more positive.

Different people different opinions, this season im a glass half empty guy. Problem is I expected alot this season (more than most) and thats why im always so glum.

I will try and perk up

10/1 is the last price traded on betfair (10am 6th April) I agree about 2/1 being the odds should we make playoffs so you are getting 5/2 we make 6th place,bit short I reckon but other punters have taken bigger prices.

25/1 this morning with Bet365 to get promoted and 9/1 to reach the play-offs. So I reckon that makes us a 6/4 shot to get promoted if we reach the play-offs.

25/1 this morning with Bet365 to get promoted and 9/1 to reach the play-offs. So I reckon that makes us a 6/4 shot to get promoted if we reach the play-offs.

9/1 is very generous, I'd have us at anywhere between 20/1 and 25/1 to get to playoffs.

Can't see us winning all our games and even if we did I can't see Huddersfield dropping enough points (but I live in hope).

The difference between them and us is that they seem to be able to turn over the lesser teams on the road.

It's something we have to improve on next season.

Just goes to show how important a win at Swindon and Brighton would have been really, or perhaps tranmere ??

Shame, we can make it but it would be a farking miracle.

Can we really see Oldham beating Hudds ??

Their home form hasn't been too special latley, who knows - football is a funny game when you add pressure to it.

i agree with you though, we've got too much to make up and not enough games. If we win every single game we possibly could make it, but the chances of that must be slim.

I'm probably too optomistic.. But even I have excepted it ain't gonna happen this season.. So just enjoy the rest of the season pressure free.. And look forward to a league title and another jp final win next season

I find it unbelievable how everyone thinks we are certains for league champions next season. On a positive note though, play offs are still very much on, Huddersfield are the only team I can see beating us to it.

I can't see us making it now. Almost totally ruled it out after Swindon, then Colchester continued on their spiral at the same time as Huddersfield lost to us, Gillingham away and Norwich and I thought we'd be in with a chance if we could get to 78 points, and after the Brighton result that's the most we can get.

Even assuming we win every match (overtaking collapsing Colchester and Bristol Rovers who we play away in the process) it is fairly implausible that Millwall, Swindon, Leeds and Charlton won't get more than 78, which leaves us hoping Huddersfield will lose 3 games in their remaining 7 matches.

For the record they've only got 2 games I think they'll struggle with, home to Millwall and maybe Colchester. They've picked up points against poor sides all season away and none of their opponents are that formidable (just like ours). Basically I can see us matching them for points, which won't be enough. It's a big ask to hope they lose 4 of this lot and we win all of ours.

Huddersfield v Oldham, 19:45

Brentford v Huddersfield, 15:00

Huddersfield v Walsall, 19:45

Huddersfield v Millwall, 19:45

Stockport v Huddersfield, 15:00

Huddersfield v Colchester, 15:00

Exeter v Huddersfield, 15:00

Looknig at those Huddersfiled fixtures is a little depressing but I guess we need to hope that Milwall do us a favour and that Colchester drop some more points but also do us a favour. Finally, we need Exeter to deliver! I can see that match being a test. If the pressure's on Huddersfield on the last day and Exeter are giving it 100% it won't be easy.

Oh, and we need to win everything!

Hopefully Oldham can get at least a point at Huddersfield tonight, however unlikely that is.

I can only see Hudersfield dropping points against Milwall (losing) and possibly draws against Colchester + Brentford, the others you would say they should win.

Then again our next two games are our toughest left, Charlton (H) + Brizzol Rovers (A).

6 points there and you never know.

I can't see us making it now. Almost totally ruled it out after Swindon, then Colchester continued on their spiral at the same time as Huddersfield lost to us, Gillingham away and Norwich and I thought we'd be in with a chance if we could get to 78 points, and after the Brighton result that's the most we can get.

Even assuming we win every match (overtaking collapsing Colchester and Bristol Rovers who we play away in the process) it is fairly implausible that Millwall, Swindon, Leeds and Charlton won't get more than 78, which leaves us hoping Huddersfield will lose 3 games in their remaining 7 matches.

For the record they've only got 2 games I think they'll struggle with, home to Millwall and maybe Colchester. They've picked up points against poor sides all season away and none of their opponents are that formidable (just like ours). Basically I can see us matching them for points, which won't be enough. It's a big ask to hope they lose 4 of this lot and we win all of ours.

you say " It's a big ask to hope they lose 4 of this lot and we win all of ours."

It is of course extremely unlikely that we'll make the play-offs but surely we don't need huddersfield to do as badly as you say? They have 65 points. We have 57. We can get 78 if we win all 7 games we have left. That leaves them able to get 13 more points to match us. eg 4 wins, a draw and 2 defeats from the 7 games. Or even 3 wins and 4 draws.. no defeats.

Our goal difference is worth an extra point in effect.

K.

Just did the bbc predictor, I put us down to win every single game (cos thats what we have to do!) and Hudds to draw 2 and win the rest, colchester losing 1, drawing 1 and win the rest, and we sneak in on goal difference. We can but dream....

If Huddersfield draw 2 and win the rest wouldn't that put them on 82 points and be beyond our reach?

If we match them for points ...... It will be enough because of our GD?

No, if we match them for points between now and the end of the season we'll still be the same number of points behind them as we are now. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

As far as I'm aware, if history is anything to go by, 72 points will get us a play off berth, maybe even 71.

I can see it happening.

Regards

Morph

You are deluded... let go... our season is dead.

Seriously people... if we get into the play-offs then I will drag my fat arse round P*rtsmouth for the Great South Run in a Saints shirt and jester hat. FACT!

you say " It's a big ask to hope they lose 4 of this lot and we win all of ours."

It is of course extremely unlikely that we'll make the play-offs but surely we don't need huddersfield to do as badly as you say? They have 65 points. We have 57. We can get 78 if we win all 7 games we have left. That leaves them able to get 13 more points to match us. eg 4 wins, a draw and 2 defeats from the 7 games. Or even 3 wins and 4 draws.. no defeats.

Our goal difference is worth an extra point in effect.

K.

We have to make up 8 points on them and they have the same number of matches to play ( until tonight). If you assume we win every match they "only" have to lose 3 games to drop the 9 point difference. Or yes, they could draw 4 and win the others, as long as we win all 7 and no-one else currently outside the play-offs beats 78 pts too (eg Colch/B Rov).

I am factoring into the equation that it is pretty unlikely that we'll win all 7 to start with.

You are deluded... let go... our season is dead.

Seriously people... if we get into the play-offs then I will drag my fat arse round P*rtsmouth for the Great South Run in a Saints shirt and jester hat. FACT!

No deal unless you paint your face.

Suggest this post is stickied...? :cool:

The only easy games for them there are tonight, Walsall and Stockport, the rest are tough, tough games, check out our/Leeds and Norwich's results against those sides...

Someone also told me Huddersfield have yet to win at home this year. Is that true???

Win all our games and we will make the play-offs. Ignore other sides results, we don't play to their music, they play to ours.

Win all our remaining games and we will achieve something that we have not been able to do in 125 years of trying... just to put things into perspective.

Someone also told me Huddersfield have yet to win at home this year. Is that true???

They have not won any of their last 6 home games. Their last home win was on 16 January when they scraped past the mighty Southend winning 2-1.

Lets hope that record hasn't changed after this evening.