just back from Brighton

Saint Keith

We were poor in the first half and very lucky to come in level. Started slowly in the second, but took control about 10/15 minutes in. Puncheon (who I thought had a poor game. Looked lost in the middle) had a great chance to put us infront. We always looked vulnerable on the break, especially down the wings, and sure enough thats how they took the lead again. I can see why Pardew waited to make the changes, because we were definitely on the up. When the subs did come on though, they made a big difference. Waigo and Barnard linked up well for the equaliser, but other than a free kick from Ricky, we never looked like getting a winner. Disappointed with our set pieces of late, and this game was no acception. I know we scored from a free kick, but we had alot that went straight to the keeper.

The ref wasnt great. I can think of a few times when one of our lads was brought down when we were on the break, and the ref waved play on. And I'm sure the linesman's flag was up when Brighton scored their second, but nothing happened. Alot of us thought that, but then we were some distance from it.

So...we didnt play well at a sh*t ground with a sh*t ref and a sh*t atmosphere, against a form team, and still came away with a point. I would have taken that in the first half I can tell you.

Who are you to tell me where to post ?

Of the first 50 posts in the BACK FROM THE GAME thread, 20% are by you, and you weren't at the game.

You hijack threads regularly and spout your opinionated, self righteous, egotistical bullsh!t. Then you moan and whine about people personally abusing you.

In my humble opinion you deserve all the abuse you get. I am sick and tired of seeing your name in 'back from the game' threads on this forum. If you were genuinely asking pertinent questions of those who were at games then it wouldn't be a problem. Your opinions belong in the match reaction threads.

I shall be ignoring you from now on, but until everyone does the same, it won't make a jot of difference. You attempts to troll will continue to provoke a response from other posters who are tired of your games.

I dont recall saying that every game must be a thumping victory and a ritual humilliation for the opposition.

But when I feel the team could have done better (as in last night) then, yes, I am bloody angry.

Playing meekly and defensively when we have a goal to chase and not being able to play on certain pitches is a f**king disgrace.

I'll say it again we actually had more shots at goal than Brighton which sort of puts paid to the idea we where being defensive.

I shall be ignoring you from now on, but until everyone does the same, it won't make a jot of difference. You attempts to troll will continue to provoke a response from other posters who are tired of your games.

You won't get an answer. He's out shopping with the missus...

lederhosen21.jpg

Woke up after getting home about 2am.

A point gained IMO rather than 2 dropped.

Brighton looked much the better side up until the last 10 minutes when Pardew finally decided to bring Barnard and Waigo on, they completely changed the game.

Barnard has 25 goals this season in all comps. If Pardew has any lingering thoughts of the top 6, he must start.

I dont recall saying that every game must be a thumping victory and a ritual humilliation for the opposition.

But when I feel the team could have done better (as in last night) then, yes, I am bloody angry.

Playing meekly and defensively when we have a goal to chase and not being able to play on certain pitches is a f**king disgrace.

But you weren't there so how do you know. I have read a number of differing reports about the way that Fonte played and that was from people at the game. How do you know we played defensively. When we played Brighton last time they took the game to us big time. When teams go for you and the ball runs for them it is often hard to get off the back foot. By all account we played better in the 2nd half. It is not possible to boss every game you play. Although we outplayed Carlisle for much of the game on Sunday there were periods when they were well on top (like just before they scored).

Can't you even give Pardew some credit for getting something from a match that we could well have lost?

Teams do not roll over just because they are playing the "mighty" Southampton. Every game is a battle and in some of these battles we are not going to fare well. Look at the season as a whole so far rather than pick out individual glitches and you will see the true picture. We are one of the strongest teams in the league and without the minus 10 would be well in the mix.

Pardew is still building a squad. He has won a trophy. He is moving in the right direction but it wil take time. There will be more nights like last night next season and the season after. There is for every team in the league.

About time we stopped blaming refs, to be honest.......

can't agree Alpine. They change a game as sure as if they write the script themselves.

after watching 10 man Liverpool lose by 2 penalties to Benfica, with players being blatantly fouled from behind. At least two Liverpool players taking high kicks IN THE FACE - without a yellow card to any Benfica player ...

and another player getting red carded for only raising his hands...

I don't think I've ever seen any player take as much stick as Fernando Torres did last night - without a yellow card to any Benfica player.

Don't kid yourself that bad referees only exist in the lower leagues.

Of the first 50 posts in the BACK FROM THE GAME thread, 20% are by you, and you weren't at the game.

You hijack threads regularly and spout your opinionated, self righteous, egotistical bullsh!t. Then you moan and whine about people personally abusing you.

In my humble opinion you deserve all the abuse you get. I am sick and tired of seeing your name in 'back from the game' threads on this forum. If you were genuinely asking pertinent questions of those who were at games then it wouldn't be a problem. Your opinions belong in the match reaction threads.

None of those posts were about the performance, but were about the OP, as you well know. I didnt dismiss his comments out-off-hand, I just observed the cosy, lazy habit we seem to be getting into of blaming the referee for not getting the desired result (even when we have played sh*te).

I dont see what is wrong with these posts. I wasnt saying we were sh*te of slagging off the performance of individuals either.

Oh, and just in case a Moderator moseys on by this thread, are some people fair game for the sort of abuse I am getting on here, such as attacks on my family ?

None of those posts were about the performance, but were about the OP, as you well know. I didnt dismiss his comments out-off-hand, I just observed the cosy, lazy habit we seem to be getting into of blaming the referee for not getting the desired result (even when we have played sh*te).

I dont see what is wrong with these posts. I wasnt saying we were sh*te of slagging off the performance of individuals either.

Oh, and just in case a Moderator moseys on by this thread, are some people fair game for the sort of abuse I am getting on here, such as attacks on my family ?

get off your high-horse ffs and man up. You give out as much as you get back.

Alpine

You come across threatening in your posts. look at the way you responded

to my humouress post this what you added "Got a problem with that ?"

Niether I or others new you had a 9 week old baby and then you have a go at Sadoldgit becuase your child is not very well how was he or others to know you have a sick child? and SOG comment about dummies was funny.

While its not good that any child is sick you seem to spend as much time on the forum as you ever did. If I were the parent , I would have reduce my time on this forum to be with my sick child till they were well again.

I hope your son gets well soon by the way

get off your high-horse ffs and man up. You give out as much as you get back.

Yeah ?

Tell me when I have abused you and any family members ?

You seem to think when I criticise a player or the manager or the performance, I am abusing you or a loved one personally.

Grow up FFS (and yes, that is aimed at you)

Yeah ?

You seem to think when I criticise a player or the manager or the performance, I am abusing you or a loved one personally.

Not right to abuse family members, but why is it on every thread on here you moan, complain, criticise and want to put down everyone. Why don't you just go and support Man U or Chelsea as it sounds like Saints are'nt good enough for you?

I wish I had been at the game lastnight. but I also enjoy the just back from the match thread. Its so useful with differing opinons of how players the opposition etc played . So thanks to all those fellow saints who were at the game at least I can get a valued if somewhat differing views of the game and not the armchair critics.

I don't get to that many games due to the extortionate airfares and the three days i need to take off to get to games. Despite these travel problems I am a season ticket holder and try to make as many games as possible.

I was glad to be at Wembley on Sunday

Finally to those who go to games and report back many thanks

Time for me to put the whinger on ignore,

sick to the back teeth of reading his constantly negative and unreasonable tripe

saying virtually the same thing on thread after thread after thread.

Yeah ?

I dont think anyone is abusing your family most were genuinely pleased with the birth of your son.

However your constant posting amuses most people on here as most of your opinions appear far from reality

We were poor in the first half and very lucky to come in level. Started slowly in the second, but took control about 10/15 minutes in. Puncheon (who I thought had a poor game. Looked lost in the middle) had a great chance to put us infront. We always looked vulnerable on the break, especially down the wings, and sure enough thats how they took the lead again. I can see why Pardew waited to make the changes, because we were definitely on the up. When the subs did come on though, they made a big difference. Waigo and Barnard linked up well for the equaliser, but other than a free kick from Ricky, we never looked like getting a winner. Disappointed with our set pieces of late, and this game was no acception. I know we scored from a free kick, but we had alot that went straight to the keeper.

The ref wasnt great. I can think of a few times when one of our lads was brought down when we were on the break, and the ref waved play on. And I'm sure the linesman's flag was up when Brighton scored their second, but nothing happened. Alot of us thought that, but then we were some distance from it.

So...we didnt play well at a sh*t ground with a sh*t ref and a sh*t atmosphere, against a form team, and still came away with a point. I would have taken that in the first half I can tell you.

We are woeful tactically and have been most of the season. Even at Wembley our football was very average.

Pardew has not got it. He is not interested in getting us to pass - it's hoof hoof all the time and then it's relying on a lucky bounce off Lambert or their defender.

The Pardew tactics mean we are always going to be inconsistant. We have some very good players who are seeing us through most games despite Pardew.

This Pardew thing is never going to work, it relies too heavily on good fortune and a poor opposition. There is no way that we should be bossed by so many teams who have no resources what so ever.

I've said it before - we will not go up with AP at the helm! (He would be a great talent scout though)!!

I was out last night and when I got home too relaxed to turn on the laptop and find out the score. I'd had a bad feeling about this game and was naturally disappointed that we didn't win, but have been reluctant to come on SWF due to all the wrist-slashers. Finally just now I've come on and rushed to the 'back from the game thread' as I value the different insights of the people who went and how their opinions differ and/or are similar. What do I find? A thread dominated by the usual predictable crap. It's not a question of having "opinions"; it's their sheer, utter predictability and the way they are expressed. Exactly why I was reluctant to come and take a peek and why I avoided the main reaction thread. I'm now going there to see if there is any more enlightement to be had.

Thanks guys for the actual reports. It seems lack of width always does for us, any ideas why we play so narrow? We had the pace of Antonio from the off, did we exploit it at all?

We are woeful tactically and have been most of the season. Even at Wembley our football was very average.

Pardew has not got it. He is not interested in getting us to pass - it's hoof hoof all the time and then it's relying on a lucky bounce off Lambert or their defender.

The Pardew tactics mean we are always going to be inconsistant. We have some very good players who are seeing us through most games despite Pardew.

This Pardew thing is never going to work, it relies too heavily on good fortune and a poor opposition. There is no way that we should be bossed by so many teams who have no resources what so ever.

I've said it before - we will not go up with AP at the helm! (He would be a great talent scout though)!!

Bit harsh! We had a makeshift team out a Wembley including Harding playing out of position (who had a terrific game by the way) and Wotton in midfield. No the football was not great but we have played better and lost. We are only a Div 1 team remember and still did enough to see of Carlisle with plenty to spare. We have scored a lot of goals this season and won a lot of matches. He must be doing SOMETHING right surely?

Pretty much sums up the narrow crap that is played, which leads to the long ball game. Stewart Murdoch is the scout.

I was out last night and when I got home too relaxed to turn on the laptop and find out the score. I'd had a bad feeling about this game and was naturally disappointed that we didn't win, but have been reluctant to come on SWF due to all the wrist-slashers. Finally just now I've come on and rushed to the 'back from the game thread' as I value the different insights of the people who went and how their opinions differ and/or are similar. What do I find? A thread dominated by the usual predictable crap. It's not a question of having "opinions"; it's their sheer, utter predictability and the way they are expressed. Exactly why I was reluctant to come and take a peek and why I avoided the main reaction thread. I'm now going there to see if there is any more enlightement to be had.

Thanks guys for the actual reports. It seems lack of width always does for us, any ideas why we play so narrow? We had the pace of Antonio from the off, did we exploit it at all?

According to Merrington, although we had 5 in the middle, the wide men were tucked in as usual, leaving the space wide for Brighton to pass and move and crowding our midfield denying us the room to play.

I thought it was a poor match last night, we definitely did not deserve to win, Ostemobor looked very weak at right back, nervous on the ball, crosses even worse than James' gentle lobs into the box, and was beaten by their left winger several times. Think a new right back for next season would be good.

Think most of the saints team have been on the beer since the cup final as we were slow and really lacked ideas. Got to be the last season for Wotten.

Going to the ground reminded me of visiting lower league foreign football, very poor atmosphere though from both sets of fans, not surprising really with uncovered temporary stands miles from the pitch.

Other than a couple of goods games (Norwich) we have been very poor away from home since Christmas, Colchester, Wycombe, Brentford, Exeter, Tranmere, Brighton. That is worrying for next season.

And why do people like you have to write this ridiculous comment everytime someone irks you with their criticism ?

Because thats ALL YOU EVER F....... DO is criticise, moan and whinge. Just like a spoilt Man U fan.

Have you ever said anything positive about saints. At all. Ever?

Why after he was so succesful playing out wide on the right has AP moved Puncheon into the middle where it appears he is ineffective. I was talking to a Charlton fan this morning and he said it was those sort of idiosyncratic tactical decisions that in the end alienated the fanbase against him.

this is going to make your head explode....:D;)

I don't like the way he plays but as his tactics aren't really working it's just a matter of time before somebody else gets the job. Unless of course he changes tactics and gets to the play offs, however it's a pretty long shot.

Why after he was so succesful playing out wide on the right has AP moved Puncheon into the middle where it appears he is ineffective. I was talking to a Charlton fan this morning and he said it was those sort of idiosyncratic tactical decisions that in the end alienated the fanbase against him.

And we've seen it all before with Burley too.

Because Antonio played well at Wembley and Morgan was not available ?

Give him time, Duncan.

I don't like the way he plays but as his tactics aren't really working it's just a matter of time before somebody else gets the job. Unless of course he changes tactics and gets to the play offs, however it's a pretty long shot.

So what happens when the replacements tactics dont work?

So what happens when the replacements tactics dont work?

I expect that NC knows a lot more about those available and if he does decide to make a change it will be for the better. As successful as Brian Clough was he only lasted 44 days at Leeds so there is no guarantee.

If Pardew was a more positive and consistent manager in terms of his tactics and selections I'd be happy with him. I don't like the way we play and it's effect on the football or in our case, the lack of it, despite a talented squad.

I expect that NC knows a lot more about those available and if he does decide to make a change it will be for the better. As successful as Brian Clough was he only lasted 44 days at Leeds so there is no guarantee.

If Pardew was a more positive and consistent manager in terms of his tactics and selections I'd be happy with him. I don't like the way we play and it's effect on the football or in our case, the lack of it, despite a talented squad.

I agree a settled team is what is required but the JPT has not helped with players coming in and playing well ie Antonio.

Also with no Morgan the Midfield lacks creativity in the middle so the team changes

Oh well each to their own I enjoy watching us play. For the type of football you're after might I suggest Barca they made Arsenel look like a pub team very impressive but unlikely to be seen in league one at st Mary's or anywhere else in this country.

I agree a settled team is what is required but the JPT has not helped with players coming in and playing well ie Antonio.

Also with no Morgan the Midfield lacks creativity in the middle so the team changes

For me the fact that Wotton is our No 1 back up midfielder pretty much sums up what I feel about Pardew. FFS Gillett played well in the CCC this year and can't even get a game but Wotton does.

Oh well each to their own I enjoy watching us play. For the type of football you're after might I suggest Barca they made Arsenel look like a pub team very impressive but unlikely to be seen in league one at st Mary's or anywhere else in this country.

And at a lesser level, so did Swindon and Brighton amongst others at SMS. I would settle for us playing pass and move but I hate the incessant long ball.

Brighton are the closest you'll get to total football at this level.

Derry has coaching badges don't you know and is awaiting the phone call from NC as I type.

He knows everything about managing a professional football club, honest he does.

LOL I can see the big unvieling cermony at a pre-season friendly. The St Marys crowd waiting a hush decends and out of tunnel to huge fan fare comes some bloke of saints web. How many games would Derry get before Alpine has a go I wonder?:smt082

Derry has coaching badges don't you know and is awaiting the phone call from NC as I type.

He knows everything about managing a professional football club, honest he does.

Sad. Pity you don't have anything to add to the discussion. Still sarcasm and abuse is your trade mark. I can't be bothered with you.

LOL I can see the big unvieling cermony at a pre-season friendly. The St Marys crowd waiting a hush decends and out of tunnel to huge fan fare comes some bloke of saints web. How many games would Derry get before Alpine has a go I wonder?:smt082

Maybe you should try spellcheck and a bit of punctuation to encourage people to think it might just be English.

I thought this was a forum for people to put their opinions whatever they think. It doesn't require ridicule or sarcasm if the views are original, or different. However if it suits your ego, fil yur bots.