Who Should You Vote For ?

manji

well, a bad party can have good ideas, and it's the present lot's duty to take the 'good' ideas from them. The BNP does present itself well on the website (no non-white models present last I looked though). It can focus on the issues that worry us (economy, education, crime etc) and allow us to find the implied solution (as in Final) through their good offices.

I do not believe for one second that those bunch of jokers could run the country, but it wouldn't matter because the single issue politics they really would persue would create focus in their supporter base. This in turn would make the knuckle draggers more inclined to work as they will have a clear message to follow. In time, they'd be able to start a minor war and concolidate fear in the nation. The outriders of the military industrial complex would then be in a position to make vast profits from the willing Britons desperate to fend off the threats from the new enemies created in their name.

I don't know what the hell I'm talking about, but as I've rambled on so much, it would be a shame to delete it.

I'll be sure to get as outraged as you no doubt will be when an American calls me a 'Limey'.

Come on Thorpe Le Saint the context in which you used that derogatory term for an American, implied there was something wrong with being an American. Now whether you like it or not that is racist and I found it very ironic that while berating somebody else for showing favour to the BNP you showed the classic symptoms of bigotry and prejudice. Unless of course there are acceptable forms of racism?

I'll be sure to get as outraged as you no doubt will be when an American calls me a 'Limey'.

It would be sooooo wrong NOT to be racist against the French though !

Neither the French, nor the Americans are a 'race'. This is at worst xenophobia or at best pedaling a national stereotype.

Come on Thorpe Le Saint the context in which you used that derogatory term for an American, implied there was something wrong with being an American. Now whether you like it or not that is racist and I found it very ironic that while berating somebody else for showing favour to the BNP you showed the classic symptoms of bigotry and prejudice. Unless of course there are acceptable forms of racism?

Sorry to nit-pick, but being anti-American is not being "racist"; there's no such race as "American". Anti-Americanism is a form of bigotry not based on race.

Neither the French, nor the Americans are a 'race'. This is at worst xenophobia or at best pedaling a national stereotype.

The French ARE a race - categorised by smelling of garlic and surrendering to the Germans at every opportunity :D

Sorry to nit-pick, but being anti-American is not being "racist"; there's no such race as "American". Anti-Americanism is a form of bigotry not based on race.

So its OK to discriminate against a nation; discrimination is OK under certain criteria. I feel that all prejudice and bigotry is wrong and that there may be some hypocrisy going on here. So you can refer to Japanese people as 'nips' because it is a nation? I am sorry but the left are so self righteous that they should sometimes look in the mirror. Personally I will have a pint with anyone if they are good company.

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Race Relations Act defines racial discrimination as beiing actions etc against someone of a particular race or ethnic or national origin. Strangely enough, Sikhs are afforded the status of an ethnic group so discrimination against them breaches two different acts.

Sorry, but you are wrong. The Race Relations Act defines racial discrimination as beiing actions etc against someone of a particular race or ethnic or national origin. Strangely enough, Sikhs are afforded the status of an ethnic group so discrimination against them breaches two different acts.

That doesn't mean Americans are a race. It just means the Race Relations Act has a scope that also covers other types of bigotry.

Think about it. Racism has to be antagonism or discrimination against another race. If a caucasian Englishman discriminates against a caucasian American, that is not racism - regardless of what the RRA says.

So its OK to discriminate against a nation; discrimination is OK under certain criteria. I feel that all prejudice and bigotry is wrong and that there may be some hypocrisy going on here. So you can refer to Japanese people as 'nips' because it is a nation? I am sorry but the left are so self righteous that they should sometimes look in the mirror. Personally I will have a pint with anyone if they are good company.

Don't put words in my mouth, or misrepresent my view - I didn't say discrimination against another national group was OK. I wasn't condoning prejudice and bigotry. I was merely criticising the incorrect use of the term "racism".

Guest Dark Sotonic Mills
It linked me with the Aryan Brotherhood or the KKK.

That's what you get for being a wishy-washy liberal...

Liberal Democrats: 63%

Labour Party: 57%

Green Party: 56%

UK Independence Party: 52%

Conservative Party: 40%

British National Party: 37%

Apparently, if I include them all.

Turn that upside down and you've got mine ..albeit Labour below the Lib Dems'

Haha ... looks like you're showing your true colours ... sad man! :smt116

Thats freedom of speach. ;) My true colours are every colour not just black and white like yours..oh hang on..no just white.

Imagine if I had said that under the BNP. I'd probably be sent to some military camp, deported or executed.

Fool.

How anyone can 'not mind' Labour is well beyond me.

I'd have Labour any day over the Conservatives, at least their policies(recapitalisation of the banks, part nationalisation etc etc) have been proven to work. The conservatives kept dead quiet during the recession and now when they have to produce ideas none of them stand up to any scrutiny(marriage tax allowance etc). We are miles ahead of europe in the recovery. Europe has gone stagnant and in France and Germany, unemplyment is soaring. Just think, 1.6m unemployed at the moment. People thought it was going to be 3m. Mark my words, Labour has done very well and abroad Gordon Brown is seen in a very good light in regards to the economy.

The idea that George Osbourne may be the chancellor in 2 months time is a very scary thought.

Thats freedom of speach. ;) My true colours are every colour not just black and white like yours..oh hang on..no just white.

Imagine if I had said that under the BNP. I'd probably be sent to some military camp, deported or executed.

Fool.

Oh .. so i vote for the BNP do i? I cant recall saying that, im sure you would'nt suggest i'd vote for those 'obnoxious nuckle dragging morons'

How about having an open mind - that may not be easy for you - and respect other peoples point of view. Thats what i mean about living in a Democracy, would you rather live in soviet russia as in was or would you rather have freedom of choice. If somebody wants to vote Greens, BNP, UKIP, Respect, why condemn them and be abusive, its only going to make you look stupid!

The Conservatives will win the election in a landslide IMO. Forget the polls saying how close it will be, most Labour voters are fed up with the whole thing and will just stay at home while the Torys will be out in force.

I have always leaned towards Labour but just refuse to vote for a party that lied to take us to war for the sake of oil, I will probably never vote for them again regardless of policy.

The **** thing is I dont think their could be a worse time to have a tory government.

The Conservatives will win the election in a landslide IMO. Forget the polls saying how close it will be, most Labour voters are fed up with the whole thing and will just stay at home while the Torys will be out in force.

I have always leaned towards Labour but just refuse to vote for a party that lied to take us to war for the sake of oil, I will probably never vote for them again regardless of policy.

The **** thing is I dont think their could be a worse time to have a tory government.

Not sure, apart from the wealthy and a percentage of the students too young to remember the previous tory governments very few would vote Tory. I live in a Tory stronghold but the Lib Dems have made big gains round here recently. There are millions disillusioned with both the Tories and New Labour as they've almost turned into the same party, and the Lib Dems won't take advantage as long as they don't favour the rich. Even with the wise financial head that is Vince Cable they haven't got anywhere recently in these hard economic times.

It's heading towards a hung parliament in my opinion.

at the end of the day..no matter who wins...they will become unpopular and have to make real harsh choices..

im sure I heard on question time the other week that AFTER the election 'real term spending' will have to be cut by around 25% (or something like that)

with certain budgets apparently 'ring fenced'..that leaves some very hard and unpopular choices to be made...

I'd have Labour any day over the Conservatives, at least their policies(recapitalisation of the banks, part nationalisation etc etc) have been proven to work. The conservatives kept dead quiet during the recession and now when they have to produce ideas none of them stand up to any scrutiny(marriage tax allowance etc). We are miles ahead of europe in the recovery. Europe has gone stagnant and in France and Germany, unemplyment is soaring. Just think, 1.6m unemployed at the moment. People thought it was going to be 3m. Mark my words, Labour has done very well and abroad Gordon Brown is seen in a very good light in regards to the economy.

The idea that George Osbourne may be the chancellor in 2 months time is a very scary thought.

Being 6 when Labour came to power I've seen nothing but Blair and Brown all my life really. And I've had enough. Blair went to war on a lie, conned the public into believing it would be for the greater good, yet it was only self serving and look what it did. Gordon Brown, spineless coward. I was prepared to give him a chance when he came in, he said he'd promise change, yet it's just a case of 'meet the new boss, same as the old boss'. Worst PM we've ever had. And I can't stand the sight of his corrupt government and his cronies, Mandelson, Harman, Darling etc. they make me sick.

I'm not a Tory supporter by any stretch of the imagination but I'm more than sure I'd like to give them a chance to prove themselves. It is perfect time for them to come in and be an improvement on Labour, which can't be that difficult. I'm prepared to see what they can do, I'll let them have a chance.

If, however, they c*ck it up big style, then I'm sad to say I would have lost confidence in all politics and I'd be looking for something a little bit more extreme than your standard 3 main parties, who all seem to be converging towards the same viewpoints anyway.

Vote for change? Yes, I will, a change from Gordon Fxcking Brown and his inept Labour cabinet.

No surprise really. This forum has always had its share of thick racist scum.

Bit of a short sighted attitude, you don't have to agree with every policy of a party to vote for them. There is not one party which stand for everything I believe in.

Fact is, is some areas, normal non racist people have resorted to voting for these people because they feel let down by the traditional parties who have their own sizable share of "scum".

Out of interest, would you have been OK with the war if they had have turned around and said it was for the oil from the start? We all need to drive our 4x4's somehow.

In reference to the BNP, supporting them these days is more like a fashion statement, I can't take them or anyone who supports them seriously.

Out of interest, would you have been OK with the war if they had have turned around and said it was for the oil from the start? We all need to drive our 4x4's somehow.

What butcher hundreds of thousands of people so that I can fill my car up a few quid cheaper? You would have to be pretty sick to be OK with that.