Lambert & England

Tac-tics

Wowowowwoow, hold on you keen beans. Dont get to excited my little internet mongs.

Please, have a think about the question.

I am not calling for Lambert to be playing for England so please the majority who have posted utter tripe over the months do not mock the incentive of the question as it seems some of you have no idea about football.

It is a question based on our lack of quality of strikers and in form, while we have the best English form striker in the country other than WR.

If David Nugent and Theo Walcott can play for England with not having ANY Premier League experiance would it be so bad to have the best striker outside the Premiership given a try in a friendly? Is'nt that the point of the matches?

For what he does'nt have in pace he makes up in vision, technique and composure. The Premier League defence of Portsmouth struggled with his target man stature on the day, so surely is the next best thing?With the likes of Lampard and Gerrard who play week in week out off their club striker, playing of him, could work.

Obviously it would be ludicrous if it was even suggested from a genuine source, would it really harm anyone if he was just to be watched???

Edited by Tac-tics

England team to play USA:

Davis

Murty (if fit) Lancashire Perry Harding

Antonio Hammond Wotton Lallana

Barnard Lambert

Job done.

Surely you have forgotten our best up and coming English talent that is Anthony Pulis;)

Pulis for England:supz:

SORRY...Just been told he is Welsh....ooops!

Edited by ottery st mary

Wowowowwoow, hold on you keen beans. Dont get to excited my little internet mongs.

I am not calling for Lambert to be playing for England so please the majority who have posted utter tripe over the months do not mock the incentive of the question as it seems some of you have no idea about football.

It is a question based on our lack of quality of strikers and in form, while we have the best English form striker in the country other than WR.

If David Nugent and Theo Walcott can play for England with not having ANY Premier League experiance would it be so bad to have the best striker outside the Premiership given a try in a friendly? Is'nt that the point of the matches?

For what he does'nt have in pace he makes up in vision, technique and composure. The Premier League defence of Portsmouth struggled with his target man stature on the day, so surely is the next best thing?With the likes of Lampard and Gerrard who play week in week out off their club striker, playing of him, could work.

Obviously it would be ludicrous if it was even suggested from a genuine source, would it really harm anyone if he was just to be watched???

who says he is the best striker outside of the prem..?

using pompey as an eaxmple is a bit daft..they struggle nearly every week.

who says he is the best striker outside of the prem..?

using pompey as an eaxmple is a bit daft..they struggle nearly every week.

TDD you getting almost as bad as Alpine :)

Name an english striker outside the prem that plays in the same role that Lambert would play in. (Target Man as it were). And is better.

TDD you getting almost as bad as Alpine :)

Name an english striker outside the prem that plays in the same role that Lambert would play in. (Target Man as it were). And is better.

andy carroll at newcastle would be ahead of lambert in the england pecking order..

I doubt any geordie would swap carroll for lambert either

I didn't realise there were so many people who know diddly squat about football on here.

I did. I just hope by that comment though that you mean there is more chance of osama bin laden sh**ing in the queens handbag than Rickie Lambert playing for England ;)

I didn't realise there were so many people who know diddly squat about football on here.

To be fair Scott, I think this is more a case of hero worship (which Rickie undoubtedly deserves) triumphing over common sense.

I think RL is the best striker in FL1 and when we get there, he'll get close to getting the Golden Boot in the Fizzy, but with the best will in the world it's a big step up to play internationals from these levels.

andy carroll at newcastle would be ahead of lambert in the england pecking order..

I doubt any geordie would swap carroll for lambert either

I'll give you that 1. Although I know a couple of Gordies and he is not on their good side at present. Apparently he's a bit of a jumped up little ****.

Stirring the pot a little:cool:. Is Lambert better than Stern John? if the answers yes why couldn't he be any good at international level given that Stern John is the fifth higest scoring international of all time (better than than Bobby Moore and Theirry Henry). Is Lambert better than Ali Daei of Iran the top international scorer of all time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

The truth is being an international isn't just about how good you are but how crap your country is. A shame for Lambert he was born in England if was from Andorra his name would be first on the team sheet:D Remember our own Jake Thompson is an international and so was/is Papa.

Stirring the pot a little:cool:. Is Lambert better than Stern John? if the answers yes why couldn't he be any good at international level given that Stern John is the fifth higest scoring international of all time (better than than Bobby Moore and Theirry Henry). Is Lambert better than Ali Daei of Iran the top international scorer of all time?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_international_association_football_goal_scorers_by_country

The truth is being an international isn't just about how good you are but how crap your country is. A shame for Lambert he was born in England if was from Andorra his name would be first on the team sheet:D Remember our own Jake Thompson is an international and so was/is Papa.

Using that logic if we were born in Litchenstein then you or I would have a great chance of being a profesional footballer, population of 35,000, half of them women, gives a pool of 17k men to choose from, probably only half of the suitable age to be footballer, f'k it, i'm going to apply for residency.

Using that logic if we were born in Litchenstein then you or I would have a great chance of being a profesional footballer, population of 35,000, half of them women, gives a pool of 17k men to choose from, probably only half of the suitable age to be footballer, f'k it, i'm going to apply for residency.

Tis true might I suggest the Faroe islands too population is slighty higher at 48,000 but they do have a league with ten (yes ten) whole teams in it and are eligiable for the world cup. Of course if I'm going to play it's in goal fat blokes don't run to well :D

Tac-tics,

No disrespect

But considering he would even be scouted for england ???

I worry that you are a coach.

Few international teams would do that well in the premier league. If we get promoted and Lambert scores a similar level in the Championship next seaspn, there is no doubt he would be scouted.

Lambert strikes the ball as well as any UK striker and Pardew clearly rates him, despite having managed more 'famous' players.

Nugent has played for England, there's always a chance even if its very slim.

Tac-tics,

No disrespect

But considering he would even be scouted for england ???

I worry that you are a coach.

For me it comes down to 6 key attributes for a Target striker.

Can he out jump a centre half and head the ball either to a team mate or in the net?

Can he finish? The net is the same size in every league regardless of keepers if every shot is max 1 foot from frame of the goal then you will score 7/10.

Can he spot a pass and complete it?

Can he find space off the ball in a crowded penalty area?

Is he composed?

Is he Strong?

All these things can be applied in any league. I think the answers to all are yes.

He doesnt have to skin people to score goals. He is like Teddy Sheringham in his awareness and he is more ofd a complete forward that either Heskey or Carlton Cole.

Most of all he has self-belief much in the same way as Crouch has for England.

I think he should be considered. It is only the same step up as Antonio to us or Austin to Swindon

Hell look at Dion Dublin from Cambridge to Villa at 27 ish then 100+ goals in prem.

For me it comes down to 6 key attributes for a Target striker.

Can he out jump a centre half and head the ball either to a team mate or in the net?

Can he finish? The net is the same size in every league regardless of keepers if every shot is max 1 foot from frame of the goal then you will score 7/10.

Can he spot a pass and complete it?

Can he find space off the ball in a crowded penalty area?

Is he composed?

Is he Strong?

All these things can be applied in any league. I think the answers to all are yes.

He doesnt have to skin people to score goals. He is like Teddy Sheringham in his awareness and he is more ofd a complete forward that either Heskey or Carlton Cole.

Most of all he has self-belief much in the same way as Crouch has for England.

I think he should be considered. It is only the same step up as Antonio to us or Austin to Swindon

Hell look at Dion Dublin from Cambridge to Villa at 27 ish then 100+ goals in prem.

you are right..on that note

why not kelvin for england..he is the best keeper in league 1...the same rules apply..

Jesus christ its the usual mongs that think they 'know it all'.

The whole point of this thread is about if Rickie should be considered???

I am not saying yes, he should be considered Englands best striker but why not be CONSIDERED at all?

Is'nt playing for England being either a:the best in the country or b:playing the best in the current climate, Brazil work on method B rather than A, England are vice-versa which COULD explain the difference of success between the two nations.(please no idiot get confused with that and think Im saying Rickie Lambert is the difference between Brazil & England)

So please don't mock this thread as I can sterotype the sort of chap you are that try to mock or **** all over this thread, feel free to have your opinion but actually think about the question at hand.

Oh and S_S while still learning while doing my badges it makes you watch players in a different manor, his movement and ability to a player which 0 speed is actually second to none, so why not TEST it against international quality.

tbf, the majority who are being verry arrogant on this proberbly thought we played well on Sunday to lmao.

Jesus christ its the usual mongs that think they 'know it all'.

The whole point of this thread is about if Rickie should be considered???

I am not saying yes, he should be considered Englands best striker but why not be CONSIDERED at all?

Is'nt playing for England being either a:the best in the country or b:playing the best in the current climate, Brazil work on method B rather than A, England are vice-versa which COULD explain the difference of success between the two nations.(please no idiot get confused with that and think Im saying Rickie Lambert is the difference between Brazil & England)

So please don't mock this thread as I can sterotype the sort of chap you are that try to mock or **** all over this thread, feel free to have your opinion but actually think about the question at hand.

Oh and S_S while still learning while doing my badges it makes you watch players in a different manor, his movement and ability to a player which 0 speed is actually second to none, so why not TEST it against international quality.

tbf, the majority who are being verry arrogant on this proberbly thought we played well on Sunday to lmao.

Because there are about 15 better English strikers ahead of him and he has never played higher than L1?

Lol at you doing some coaching badges and thinking your Alan Hansen.

Oh and sweetie, don't give it the big i am on an innernetz forearm.

Sweetie, I am the big I am ;)

Alan Hansen? possibly the most banterish thing you've ever written. Er not just coaching badges sweetie, I would happily list my experiance with clubs but that would just come across as pretty god damn keen ;)

Devvvooooo

Sweetie, I am the big I am ;)

Alan Hansen? possibly the most banterish thing you've ever written. Er not just coaching badges sweetie, I would happily list my experiance with clubs but that would just come across as pretty god damn keen ;)

Devvvooooo

You are the new StuRomseySaint. I wish i was you.

Must have so much experience, at what 17, 18yrs old?

You are the new StuRomseySaint. I wish i was you.

Must have so much experience, at what 17, 18yrs old?

19 actually.

And I have what I consider pretty good amount of experiance at my age:

Spent 3 weeks with Terry Moore & the under 8's & 10's, Bournemouth Under 18's every Wednesday night right up till December, Verious FA comitments, Hampshire Under 16's boys and girls coaching. Coaching seminer by Trevor Brooking and Brian Eastick.

Coached an under 8's side for nearly 2 years in Hampshire. Spent a year at South Downs College academey with the next year in a coaching capcaity while doing my Refs course at Madjeski acadamey.

Pretty good experiance for a 19 year old. Oh and an invite as a memeber of a team of 15 FA over in South Africa as a reward for coaching achievements this year.

HTH.

Because there are about 15 better English strikers ahead of him and he has never played higher than L1?[/QUOTE]

The obvious and most valuable point

please name the 15 better strikers.

Premier League

Rooney

Defoe

Crouch

Bent

Agbonlahor

Heskey

Cole

Zamora

Anichebe

Jerome

Ebanks-Blake

Davies

Campbell

CCC

Maynard

Carroll

Chopra

etc

Because there are about 15 better English strikers ahead of him and he has never played higher than L1?[/QUOTE]

The obvious and most valuable point

please name the 15 better strikers.

no point..you wont agree..you have made your mind up that cappello should pick lambert as one of 4-5 strikers for england in a squad

what a bonkers idea

FWIW

Rooney

Bent

Crouch

C. Cole

Owen

Defoe

Agbonlohor

Zamora

K. davies

Carroll

there is 10 off the top of my head

you could argue that

beattie

johnson

Heskey

would also be ahead

Edited by Thedelldays

Oh dear, yes because these play the same role as Rickie.

Here's your list but with players who can play target men:

Premier League

Rooney

Crouch

Bent

Heskey

Cole

Zamora

Jerome

Davies

CCC

Carroll

Now Lambert could do just a good a job as the bottom 6. Hence we'll never know due to him only being league One striker, now back to the question, would it really not be beneficial to have a look at the best form Striker in a friendly when he has scored more than any of these except the obvious Wayne ( who could be injured) and appears to have just a good footballing talent but needs testing at a higher level?

19 actually.

And I have what I consider pretty good amount of experiance at my age:

Spent 3 weeks with Terry Moore & the under 8's & 10's, Bournemouth Under 18's every Wednesday night right up till December, Verious FA comitments, Hampshire Under 16's boys and girls coaching. Coaching seminer by Trevor Brooking and Brian Eastick.

Coached an under 8's side for nearly 2 years in Hampshire. Spent a year at South Downs College academey with the next year in a coaching capcaity while doing my Refs course at Madjeski acadamey.

Pretty good experiance for a 19 year old. Oh and an invite as a memeber of a team of 15 FA over in South Africa as a reward for coaching achievements this year.

HTH.

**** me no wonder the game in this country is in such a mess at grass roots level when there are people as clueless as you involved in it.

Oh dear, yes because these play the same role as Rickie.

Here's your list but with players who can play target men:

Premier League

Rooney

Crouch

Bent

Heskey

Cole

Zamora

Jerome

Davies

CCC

Carroll

Now Lambert could do just a good a job as the bottom 6. Hence we'll never know due to him only being league One striker, now back to the question, would it really not be beneficial to have a look at the best form Striker in a friendly when he has scored more than any of these except the obvious Wayne ( who could be injured) and appears to have just a good footballing talent but needs testing at a higher level?

why not throw in beckford and holt..

what about kelvin and kisnorbo for good measure (assuming kisnorbo is english)

maybe lee hughes from notts county....scoring a few lately

**** me no wonder the game in this country is in such a mess at grass roots level when there are people as clueless as you involved in it.

Ha I'd shhh if I was you, I've seen some of your posts.

Care to elaberate your comment?

why not throw in beckford and holt..

what about kelvin and kisnorbo for good measure (assuming kisnorbo is english)

maybe lee hughes from notts county....scoring a few lately

Why not if there is an injury crisis.

If I had the choice of Heskey and Defoe or Holt/Lambert and Defo, I certainly know what I would rather go for.

Clearly its been wrong if grassroots has produced a footballing arrogance that you posses, I intend on working as deeply as I can to re-structure grassroots so no more people with arrogant opinions evolve.

And i've seen some of yours, your point being?

for someone who has written fairly ill structured posts regarding football to then dis regard mine, when I was answering a question is my point.

You still have'nt explained your comment?

You've never seen my coaching methods etc, so until you do, please keep your opinion to yourself on my coaching abilities.

Clearly its been wrong if grassroots has produced a footballing arrogance that you posses, I intend on working as deeply as I can to re-structure grassroots so no more people with arrogant opinions evolve.

Arrogance being knowing what i am talking about then.

I suggest you start restructuring grassroots football with grasping the basic concept that the best players generally play in the best leagues and become internationals.

would it really not be beneficial to have a look at the best form Striker in a friendly when he has scored more than any of these except the obvious Wayne ( who could be injured) and appears to have just a good footballing talent but needs testing at a higher level?

Not when said player is clearly not of an international standard. I said this about Beattie too, when Saints fans on the old forum where hailing Beattie as a pontential Geoff Hurst for the 2004 Euros i said he is not an international player and so it proved, he was shocking when he played for England and clearly out of his depth.

Arrogance being knowing what i am talking about then.

I suggest you start restructuring grassroots football with grasping the basic concept that the best players generally play in the best leagues and become internationals.

Oh my, this is meant to be an advanced discussion, there is a World Cup around the corner, he is not going to be playing at a higher level before hand so how the hell can he be seen against better quality? which is what my actual questioned has clearly been confused with, should he be considered to be looked at?

Oh and to your latter part of your post, England have'nt won a thing since 1966, with the principal of the best players play for England.

Now would you rather have a mediocre Steven Gerrard in CM or James Milner thats been in amazing form?

Its the same principal, it is a question as noone, not me, you, delldays, saint devo know if he would be good enough, which is why I ask should he be tested? Lots of other admirers from the Championship have said "we missed out there" and even a Premier League Mr. Moyes is a reported admirer.