Leyton Orient at home-

Turkish

Also, just to clarify regarding all those excited about the support we took to Wembley, there were loads of people around me who had brought their wife/kids/mates along for a day out, who were all clearly not regular match goers, but came along for a good day out at Wembley.

We would not be alone in that. Most clubs that go to Wembley will have 'fans' who will go just because it is a day out. Look at the blue few, can't fill their ground but will have 'fans' going to Wembley who won't have seen them yet this season. That is if they can sell all their tickets.....

Club is expecting 21-22k unless sales massively pick-up.

Obviously going for a walk in the new forest is more entertaining than seeing the team you stood up and claimed to love on sundays frantic push for promotion.

slightly dissapointing, but those of us at the game will no doubt carry the cup final win enjoyment/enthusism into this game. A couple of wins back to back and the play off might look a possibility. If that is the case the fans will flood back to SMS for the remaining games. Lets hope so.

That would be embarassing after Sunday, and on a Bank Holiday.

Our crowds have, in my opinion, been a little bit disappointing this season (I'm not talking in the context of L1), some good 30k crowds but I'd much rather have 25k every week.

That would be embarassing after Sunday, and on a Bank Holiday.

Our crowds have, in my opinion, been a little bit disappointing this season (I'm not talking in the context of L1), some good 30k crowds but I'd much rather have 25k every week.

i agree, maybe a more appropriate song for Wembley on sunday would have been "stand up if you love the saints when there is a big games but cant be bother to get of my arse the rest of the time"

Would love to be there on Monday, but the mrs is on holiday for the next two weeks and wants to get away for a few days in Cornwall, and it's my brothers stag do down there at the weekend. 'Her plans could yet be scuppered by the signalmans strike though' So will have to miss my first home game in months. Will be there for Charlton and funds permitting for the other home games this season as well. Good thing my brothers wedding is on the 1st of May, i'd be gutted to miss the Southend game on the 8th.

No, i said 5000 from outside a 50 miles radius of Southampton, both Weymouth and Andover are in this zone.

Well then your assumption that it is a piece of p*ss to get to Southampton from the Weymouth area is still wrong. £20 return unless you have a travel card, I think.

Still early days.

Many believe the season's over already - a win on Thursday may change a few minds, however, lose and.............................................................

If we lose on Thursday then I won't be going to the game on Monday. I will be going for a walk in the New Forest with Turkish. xx

Well then your assumption that it is a piece of p*ss to get to Southampton from the Weymouth area is still wrong. £20 return unless you have a travel card, I think.

Worth getting a travel card if you are doing the journey most saturdays then isn't it. http://www.railcard.co.uk/network

In just four home games the card pays for itself, for the other 19 home games of the season you are efficently getting 4 of them free with the amount you are saving on the cost of transport with your travel card. See, solution to every problem/excuse.

If we lose on Thursday then I won't be going to the game on Monday. I will be going for a walk in the New Forest with Turkish. xx

Yeah, that'd be lovely, we could stop for a cream tea, go and look in the window of some of the trinket shops in Lyndhurst, much better than going to support the team i proffessed my undying love for on sunday.

Worth getting a travel card if you are doing the journey most saturdays then isn't it. http://www.railcard.co.uk/network

In just four home games the card pays for itself, for the other 19 home games of the season you are efficently getting 4 of them free with the amount you are saving on the cost of transport with your travel card. See, solution to every problem/excuse.

Ultimately I just can't believe someone is disappointed with a 21k average gate.

Yeah, that'd be lovely, we could stop for a cream tea, go and look in the window of some of the trinket shops in Lyndhurst, much better than going to support the team i proffessed my undying love for on sunday.

Don't forget the ponies! :smt107

I'm being left at home to do some decorating while the misses takes the kids to her mums over the bank holiday. Might just pop out to watch the saints if I can get a ticket the wife will never know:badgrin: I figured this would be a sell out first home game after the final and all but if not there's time for me to grab a ticket.

I find it strange how people are surprised when fans come out of the woodwork to watch big games, then stay at home for the likes of Leyton Orient or Hartlepool. This happens at every level of football throughout the whole world.

Even Man Utd don't sell out some of their less attractive games. Some people just like to watch big games/occasions, they're not bothered about the smaller games. That's not a big deal for me. I'd rather they came every week too, but they choose not to.

Can't see the problem really. I think there will be around 24k for Leyton Orient and again that'll be a cracking attendance for this level of football.

I find it strange how people are surprised when fans come out of the woodwork to watch big games, then stay at home for the likes of Leyton Orient or Hartlepool. This happens at every level of football throughout the whole world.

Even Man Utd don't sell out some of their less attractive games. Some people just like to watch big games/occasions, they're not bothered about the smaller games. That's not a big deal for me. I'd rather they came every week too, but they choose not to.

Can't see the problem really. I think there will be around 24k for Leyton Orient and again that'll be a cracking attendance for this level of football.

Agreed it is the stay awayers who lose out, or out of the woodworkers , looking at people leaving wembley on sunday you could almost tell those who had watched the dross served up over recent years but stood by the club..

Going on monday. I look forward to the day when we are playing Man Utd at home in the premier league and I can turn to the guy next to me and say.."I was there when we lost 5-1 to preston...5-0 to sheff weds..3-1 charlton..1-0 to swindon..3-1 brighton..oh, and when we couldnt beat carlisle and stockport".

Because im the bestest fan in the world! :p

Out of 33 on our coach on Sunday, I know that Granddad will not go, as will wife of brother in law, daughter is working, wife of B in laws mate, wife of cousin, daughter perhaps, friend of cousin (ill), mate I got a ticket for, so 8 for starters, actually half of all those I know about! So you can soon get from 51K to 26K easily on that basis. But they are all Saints fans who have been many/several times this season, and would go more often if they could.

Going on monday. I look forward to the day when we are playing Man Utd at home in the premier league and I can turn to the guy next to me and say.."I was there when we lost 5-1 to preston...5-0 to sheff weds..3-1 charlton..1-0 to swindon..3-1 brighton..oh, and when we couldnt beat carlisle and stockport".

Because im the bestest fan in the world! :p

I dont look forward to those days, i hate games like that with people like said guy next to me. 1/ because you get all the plastic super fans there who go to big games 2/ because the chances of us winnning are smaller and 3/ for clubs like saints who realistically best we can do is top half of the table finish our biggest games, ie six pointers in any league are games against those around us.

Out of 33 on our coach on Sunday, I know that Granddad will not go, as will wife of brother in law, daughter is working, wife of B in laws mate, wife of cousin, daughter perhaps, friend of cousin (ill), mate I got a ticket for, so 8 for starters, actually half of all those I know about! So you can soon get from 51K to 26K easily on that basis. But they are all Saints fans who have been many/several times this season, and would go more often if they could.

yes they are all fit for the final... funny that

you sound like the pompey family