Pard's demeanour at Wembley

theyin

I watched him punch the air with every goal we scored. We were right next to the dug out, he gestured to the crowd on a few ocasions to make some noise as well, on the pitch after the game he had both hands aloft, was also waving a saints flag, what are you expecting, the crouch robot dance?

Agreed - silly thread.

When he picked up the trophy and recieved the biggest cheer of the day, he turned and looked in the direction of NC which i thot was interesting. Maybe it was a look of 'sounds like im doin a great job so far'.

In relation to keeping his distance from the players during celebrations, its a bit mourinho-esque......let the players have all the glory, they deserve it.

Spot on - and when he waved the Saints flag on the steps that for me showed he cares.

Pardew will be the one who leads us to automatic promotion next season. I can't wait!

I can't remember the last time we had a manager who seems to be watching the same game as the fans. Do any of you recall just how bad George 'fills out his team selection cards when he's pished' Burley was?

Are you saying we should replace him with Billy Davies?

If AP did go and like most I really hope he stays with Saints all the way back to the premiership, however, if the unthinkable happened then I reckon Gus Poyet would be our man IMO.

Ask any Leeds fans and they will all tell you that he was the master mind, not Wise, on top of that of course he has done very well at Brighton beating Saints 3-1 for starters.

FFS, his smile was almost going to rip his face off at the end. He hugged both NC and ML. he picked up and waved a SFC flag to a HUGE cheer. The biggest cheer with the cup was saved for AP and he knew it.

Some of you really need to get a ****ing grip on reality.

what he said

Demeanor means nothing. In a few minutes I have to evict someone from one of my properties. In life,Ii am Larry the Lamb. In a few moments I will be Brick Top from the movie Snatch. It means nothing. You do what you do to get the job done. Pardew is getting the job done.

I wasn't there unfortunately and I'm sure this is mentioned elsewhere in the threads but...

The more I look at various friend's photos from the day and in particular the end of the BBC clip of the game, don't you think his distance from the team/apathetic response to winning, basically his whole reaction was a little telling?

I'm not going to start the ball rolling as to why but with each and every view of the video/photos, I do start wondering what is going on in his head.

As far as I'm concerned he's done an excellent job save for a few fluffs in selection and game plan (again, I'm only going on what I read here) and I wouldn't want NC making any rash decisions if indeed he is the cause of AP's dour body language.

Ooops, just realised I've started the ball rolling.

Was there and think you have completely misread the situation and his body language - perfectly normal and suited his personality. He plays it as it is, doesn't go over the top with ups and downs and tries to remain rational at all times.

I'm not his biggest fan but his behaviour is impecable and modest and all times - that doesn't mean he's unhappy - it means he's in touch with the big picture. He looked very happy indeed to me!

Demeanor means nothing. In a few minutes I have to evict someone from one of my properties. In life,Ii am Larry the Lamb. In a few moments I will be Brick Top from the movie Snatch. It means nothing. You do what you do to get the job done. Pardew is getting the job done.

ohio old chap, a right blast from the past!

If its a matter of apportioning 'blame' for not being closer to the playoffs, there may be fault on both sides - chairman and manager. Pardew may have underestimated how much rebuilding was needed - but the new owners could also have been faster in making the funds available and recruiting the backroom team. To be fair to all of them, it was a massive job on both sides and it wasn't until the January window that the squad was completed. But it would make no sense for Cortese to blame Pardew. Both of them are good at what they do, so lets hope they will stick together.

Reminds me about how Dave Jones used to get grief for not caring because he didn't jump around like a trained monkey a al Martin O'Neil.