Trains to wembley

S41NTS

Drove to Beaconsfield.......lovely place, and got train direct to Wembley Stadium..25 mins.....plenty seats and free parking.

Even quicker on way back.....was home in Southampton by 6pm

Must have been about a dozen Saints fans at Beaconsfield and a few more than that at Denham

After waiting at Eastleigh and seeing the first two trains come past full someone had the idea of getting a train to Fratton and then going Fratton to Waterloo.

A lot of surprised locals getting off arriving trains to see about 40 saints fans in colours waiting about!! Special mention to whoever managed to take over the PA system for a shout of red army. Also good to see the station staff and manager out on the platform having some banter and a laugh.

Did the same route on the way back and worked out well. Took three hours to go Waterloo to Eastleigh but had seats and no risk of not being able to get on.

Drove to Hillingdon with 4 others in the car, left Hedge End at 8am parked up at Hillingdon at 9.15, cost £1.00 to park all day, used about £20.00 worth of fuel at most. £5.10 for tube tickets. Was in a Weatherspoons pub by 9.45 having breakfast and the lads having a cheep beer with little queues. Caught a tube to wembley park and into the ground via wembley way.

After the game it took 10 to 15 mins to walk to the tube station, 12 mins wait for a tube train, 25 mins tube journey back to the car and except for a little conjestion on the M25 and M40 the journey was very pleasant, would recommend this route to anyone.

Don't get me started! The trains almost ruined my day to be honest. The day would have been absolutely amazing if we had managed to get there on time (I LOVE the build up) but it couldn't be helped of foreseen.

Only the next day and after the match did I begin to de-stress after such an arduous journey. To be fair, it was the slow Teddington train that took over an hour, kept breaking down and totally messed us up. I'd not have gone this way had I known but it's easy to say that in hindsight and we parked for free.

Because of the overloaded trains, we had planned to drive to Richmond and train from there. However, we'd just missed the last parking spaces when we arrived. So, off to Teddington, parking, waiting for the train and then the most frustrating journey ever. The doors kept jamming, waiting 10-15mins at some of the (what seemed like 30) many stops to Waterloo. By the time were at Waterloo it was almost 1 o'clock.

We then decided to go to Marylebone as it's a 9min transfer to Wembley stadium but (typical my luck) instead of staying on the Bakerloo Line (transferred from Jubilee Line last stop) to Wembley Park (which would have been better in hindsight). We must have just missed the Chiltern train from Marylebone as the next one was 1:35. We then sprinted back down along he underground and got on the tube to Wembley Central, not Park which was my mistake (despite having worked there!). Central is further and we had to sprint through Wembley, knackered and heard a loud roar (from Lambert's goal) as we ran around the now quiet perimeter of the stadium. Adding to the torment. We eventually got to our seats about half an hour in. If it wasn't for my mistake too, we may have been 10mins late but a disaster nevertheless.

Sunday bloody trains! a couple of Saints fans going to the game were also on that Teddington train. Aint doing that again! Think I may try Hillingdon next time (there will be a next time! ;o) as someone suggested.

Easy to say in hindsight but I was soooo upset to be late, especially after watching all the games, both legs to MK, etc. this season. Missed meeting everyone but, by some freak chance, bumped into all the main groups of friends in the concourse and outside. What are the chances of seeing 30 odd amongst 44,000?! Popped in the Green Man briefly before starting our long journey home. Great result and a real feel good factor around the city. Just a shame a 4.5hr journey resulted in what seemed like the quickest hour of football, then it was over. Then everyone was so p*ssed and disorganised it seemed too taxing to organise groups to meet in a pub, all chosing different venues and disappearing so we just left them and got our first, much needed, pint of the day! Phew!!! :drinkers:

I feel shattered just reading that- I drove up with 2 other mates from Dorchester- as we would of had to get a bus service 2 wool first. Couldn't really be arsed- thank god we drove by the sounds of it. Parked at mates house in Wimbledon then got the tube to Wembley- very smooth! Really feel for those that I've heard had to endure "fainting and vomiting".

Anyway- all good practice or the LG1 playoff final! ;-) COYR!

Special mention must go to Hillingdon (and every other station that applies) for recommending the £5.10 tickets, it was written on a big board at the entrance.

A friend used the Richmond option and remarked how quiet it was when he got there.

One assumes it filled up a bit after he went through, as his trip home wasn't as easy!

i too had the crap train trip from soton central, got at the station at 6.30, got on the 7.55 train, jammed in like sardines, i was stood the whole journey with the carridge door digging me in the back every 10 seconds trying to close, it was so packed i couldn't even get the room to take my coat off, i honestly dont think that was in any way a safe way to travel

My point is if you are running a coach, when you get 50 tickets sold, you either put on an extra coach, or you stop selling tickets!!!

once we got to london it was not a problem, the underground system is good, a fantastic day, then couldn't believe it when we went to go home at 8.30pm the train was packed again, not quite as bad as the morning but still 100s of people without seats, then got to eastleigh and they made everyone get into the front 5 Carriages, that was an unbearable squeeze, fortunately not for long

Got to Eastleigh station at 0640. Couldn't get on train. Got a call a bit later that the next train was no better. Decided on 3 cabs to Richmond at £500. Didn't want to risk missing any part of the day, panicked I suppose. Going to try getting some sort of refund from SWT. ****s.

Col.

I parked at Denham, parking £3.50 all day then £3 each return to Wembley stadium, took ten minutes maybe 12 minutes then a ten minute walk to the Green man. From leaving jct 1 M27 to getting a beer including two 10 minute stops Winchester and Fleet took 2 hours I was back in Milford on Sea by 6 PM Kinda made the whole day a lot better....

I was one of the 40-50 fans that went Eastleigh to London Waterloo via Fratton as the 0711 and 0811 trains were packed.

It was the last place we'd thought we'd be at 0930 in the morning. Me and my mates braved the Wetherspoons nearby. I did my jacket up to hide my shirt for fear of getting mugged or worse but as I walked out the place apparently it was hanging out at the back and my mate said the whole place turned to look in shock!! Haha! "Red Army" over the station tannoy was class! Funny as! Eventually got to Wembley less than half an hour before kick off.

And getting back took an absolute age as well. It took the **** quite literally as the train was overcrowded and people resorted to ****ing in bottles!

I have to say took the advice on here to drive to Uxbridge...left Eastleigh at 0845, got to Uxbridge at 1010, free on street parking nearby to station. 25 min tube ride to Wembley Park, there by 1100 all in. Then realised perhaps we should of got off a couple of stops earlier so we could get a bloody beer somewhere !!.

No real problems getting out, Police horse sloosh gates style worked excellently at Wembley park to stop the crushing and back in Eastleigh by 6.45.

Oh, and we won the bloody cup !!!