Silverspoon club by wembley

OldNick

Family friendly venue - my arse.

Ticket only and allegedly sold out - and yet doorman taking cash on the day !

Was a very big rip-off - no other way to describe it.

If Nick wants to discuss it then very happy to hear his view of events.

And if he doesn't like the the term 'rip-off' from a 'faceless' forum poster then i'm very happy to accept a pm from him and meet up to discuss personally. Unfortunately i do not know him personally and do not have a contact for him but very happy to offer him my opinion.

If he isn't to blame then i'm sure he should be OK to make some comment.

That said - an irritation on what was a fantastic day with friends & family on the whole.

Why you are in contact with them ask them if they have the final accounts for saints aid?? they must be due as it is the end of the financial year;)

I think Saints Aid was different people organising - could be wrong though. Also Saints Aid was a pretty sad state of affairs and not for individual profit - basically a daft idea that attracted the numbers that i'd have expected yet the organisers didn't.

Anyone who bought in to this Illingsworth instigated farce has my full sympathy. My friend took his 2 sons here as it was advertised as " A Family Venue" . He phoned me from Silverspoons and told me how the last of the previous nights clubbers left as they went in.Nice touch? Queuing for 25 minutes for a flat beer . He left after an hour.I am so glad I turned down the offer to join him and drank outside the ground , then under the stand. Have tried to phone Illingsworth but apparently he has moved to Monte Carlo!

Another thing it was billed as a sell out on the COYR website but when i got there (quite late) 11.30 ish-there were still people selling tickets outside.And the vendors had a big book of tickets.Complete rip off.How saints fans can do this to fellow saints fans is beyond me :-(

reading that makes me sick.

If food was on sale (I didnt see any, but I left at about 11)I think it would have been pretty

risky to try any, after seeing the toilets and state of the place.

I had given NI the benifit of the dubt that he hadn't known the state of the place.As he had been there before i feel fairly cheesed off with him.

I await a response from him.

That was the COLSLAW crew (Committee Of Loyal Saints Living Around Watfrord).

We were around the TOSSA/COLSLAW flag near the stage.

One our group was bringing his daughter along and whilst standing at Hemel Hempstead station at 7.30am, she strated to feel really poorley, so she went off home and Dad came to the game!

We would never rip off another Saint, and shame on those that did!

glad you were able to use the ticket.

Cheers

Hemel Saint

COLSLAW

Are you the one who hung the flag up? If so I asked you what TOSSA and Coleslaw meant

Fair play to Stu for organising coaches. £20 return is a great deal. How much would a taxi cost you back from town on a night out? It got people to and from the game away from the cramped up trains, and went to a pub that everyone was happy with. At least he was honest about doing it for some profit and why not? And he never used the echo and set up a fancy web site using the old bull **** about "the best party in the whole wide world", and sold T shirts FFS.

Seriously fair play mush. 20 quid coach is a bargain

3 pints for £10, a price you wont find within five miles on the day Complete b*llocks again, I dont know how much the pints were in the Green Man because I was using tokens but know many pubs were knocking pints out at £3ish a pint.

As no-one else has said so, it was £3 a pint at the Green Man. And even at its busiest around noon-ish it was no more than 5 minutes to get served (unless you happened to be behind me with three different bunches of people adding to the order once they started pouring)!

Fair play to Stu for organising coaches. £20 return is a great deal. How much would a taxi cost you back from town on a night out? It got people to and from the game away from the cramped up trains, and went to a pub that everyone was happy with. At least he was honest about doing it for some profit and why not? And he never used the echo and set up a fancy web site using the old bull **** about "the best party in the whole wide world", and sold T shirts FFS.

Seriously fair play mush. 20 quid coach is a bargain

Indeed, thanks... £20 for a coach which picks up and drops off from Romsey ( the taxi to the central station in the morning from Romsey would have been that alone ) , away from the busy coach park, in a pub which would probably be closer than Silverspoons in walking distance... with own section of pub cordoned off on arrival to ensure our coaches got their first beer in sharpish. and the opportunity for a couple more pints before leaving home.

And all in all, not a single person has had a bad word to say about the pub. Stu Romsey 1 Nick Ill 0 :cool:

Or pay £25 to sit on the bingo bus, straight to the ground, straight back again.

Anyone that things £20 was a rip-off can jog on. :-)

Are you the one who hung the flag up? If so I asked you what TOSSA and Coleslaw meant

Yes mate that was me.

must admit the words... TOSSA and COLSLAW do raise a few questions and smiles from people.

Any other Saints groups out there with strange acronyms?

Also bumped into Barnet Saint as well.

drop me a line mate if still interested in joining up for Games etc?

Have you still got my E-mail address?

What got the alarm bells ringing for me about this silverspoons thing was the oversell - they were just too pushy for my liking. I'm surprised nickh fell for it.;)
To be fair they made it sound good. I have never been to a NI event before and so was not expecting the totally naff place it was.

The Echo should feel a tad aggrieved that they were part of promoting this disaster.

I wonder if NI will put any comments about it.

This has appeared on the COYR website:

SILVERSPOONS ANNOUNCEMENT

Its now 24 hours after our victorious return from Wembley. Its certainly going to be a day out that the 44,000 Saints that made the trip to North London will remember for years to come.

COYR tried our hardest to add to the occasion by acting as a portal for Silverspoons Club 2000 night club.

The vast majority of the fans present seemed brimming with the "spirit" of the day, but, inevitably when so many fans congregate in such a confined area some are bound to have experienced less than their expectations.

We are normal fans, not experienced event promoters, we genuinely tried our very best to lay on something special to add to the day. We take our new venture very seriously and will take on board any constructive comments anyone may wish to make.

We will listen, learn and try to create a trustworthy relationship with our valued customers.

If you wish to express a view on Silverspoons, or our range of tee shirts for that matter, then please contact us via the email contact form on this site and we give you our pledge to take onboard each and every communication, good or bad and get back to you with a personal reply within seven days.

COYR are Saints fans too, we want to be around through thick and thin.

We look forward to your comments.

http://www.coyr.co.uk/

Ive just been reading the comments on the UI. The last comment on there that Silverspoons is a Yardies club, would not surprise me one bit.I doubt that NI or COYR will get a penny back from the owners of that place.

I think it would be best if they came out and gave us a run down of the costs, that would at least show us that the fans have not ripped their own off. It was put that it was sold ut and so 20k in ticket sales. Please tell what the costs were

Ive just been reading the comments on the UI. The last comment on there that Silverspoons is a Yardies club, would not surprise me one bit.I doubt that NI or COYR will get a penny back from the owners of that place.

I think it would be best if they came out and gave us a run down of the costs, that would at least show us that the fans have not ripped their own off. It was put that it was sold ut and so 20k in ticket sales. Please tell what the costs were

Having experienced the delights of Harlesden and given it's proximity to Wembley i'd say it's highly likely that Silverspoons is gang controlled.

to all that went to silverspoons,why.green man was free,full of saints,great atmosphere,helpful staff behind the bars who at all times kept the beer flowing.didnt go on a stu romsey coach as i live in london,but fair play to him,to the people slating him for making a profit,you do the organising of coaches as he has with a pub at the end and see how much effort you have to put in.if i still lived in southampton i would make sure i used one of stues coaches,coyr

This has appeared on the COYR website:

SILVERSPOONS ANNOUNCEMENT

Its now 24 hours after our victorious return from Wembley. Its certainly going to be a day out that the 44,000 Saints that made the trip to North London will remember for years to come.

COYR tried our hardest to add to the occasion by acting as a portal for Silverspoons Club 2000 night club.

The vast majority of the fans present seemed brimming with the "spirit" of the day, but, inevitably when so many fans congregate in such a confined area some are bound to have experienced less than their expectations.

We are normal fans, not experienced event promoters, we genuinely tried our very best to lay on something special to add to the day. We take our new venture very seriously and will take on board any constructive comments anyone may wish to make.

We will listen, learn and try to create a trustworthy relationship with our valued customers.

If you wish to express a view on Silverspoons, or our range of tee shirts for that matter, then please contact us via the email contact form on this site and we give you our pledge to take onboard each and every communication, good or bad and get back to you with a personal reply within seven days.

COYR are Saints fans too, we want to be around through thick and thin.

We look forward to your comments.

http://www.coyr.co.uk/

Once again the organisers hide behind a pathetic "it’s not our fault" statement.

If you claim to be "not experienced event promoters" then stop f**king trying to act like one, and whilst you are at it, stop trying to be festival organisers, statue organisers etc etc.

Everyone on this board knows it’s the same people every time that are behind these shambolic incidents...

The best thing for you lot to do is to put your hands up and admit that this is another c*ck up on your part, offer people refunds and make the costs of the day transparent to everyone that parted with a £10 to get in.

Why did anyone think £3.33 was a good price for a pint in an awful area of London (especially when you add the £10 entry fee) anyway?

You can get a good quality pint in central London for £3.50.

You can get a decent pint for £3 at Wembley in JJ Moons free to get in massive pub and no more than a ten minute wait!!!!

I also went to the only pub in Oxford St afterwards(after JJ Moons again) for a Sunday roast and a London Pride £2.85.

I just couldn't see why anyone would pay £10 to get in...for me and the Mrs that would of been £20 to start with...why pay that when in London its crammed with decent pubs.

You can get a decent pint for £3 at Wembley in JJ Moons free to get in massive pub and no more than a ten minute wait!!!!

I also went to the only pub in Oxford St afterwards(after JJ Moons again) for a Sunday roast and a London Pride £2.85.

I just couldn't see why anyone would pay £10 to get in...for me and the Mrs that would of been £20 to start with...why pay that when in London its crammed with decent pubs.

I didnt go for the drink, I also didnt know that they were advertising 3 pints for a £1.

Why we went there was that we had 3 youngsters late teens early 20's who did not have tickets. So the plan was for them to sup up the atmosphere in a great environment.

When we went to the Millenium (Cardiff is a bit of a pit) lots of fans without tickets went into the pubs and enjoyed the day from there.

No reason to believe as this gig was promoted that this would not be the same. It was a massive disappointment that it was so disgusting , filthy and third world.

It is ok to say 'London is crammed with decent pubs' not having frequenting them around wembley before and also seeing that it was a Saints only event I felt more comfortable leaving the 2 young ladies and a lad there.

We were able to find 3 tickets so they got into the match (But yet again greedy saints fans made us pay above the odds for the privilage, except Hemel Saints group)

So some of you paid to go to a pub, despite lots of free ones being named as venues on here beforehand, and now you're complaining that it wasn't worth paying for?

Are you all ****ing stupid?

It was not a pub, are you stupid?

I'm sure most people paid the money for the pub experience with loads of Saints fans rather than a daytime rave...

I would have a guess that you could go to pretty much any pub in the Wembley area and have a pub experience with loads of other Saints fans... for free.

Just a guess, like.

arrived at Silverspoons with our family group at 9.10am looking forward to a great pre match event as promoted in the Echo to be greeted by two hookers with their pimps who had obviously been working throughout the night. on attempting to get into the club we were told by a number of the door security crew that the place would open in about 15 minutes because the previous nights event had overrun. Nick I then came out of the side door looking ashen faced (due to probably what he had just seen inside) assuring us that it would open shortly. I then popped into the adjoining club which was free to get in and was already packed with Saints fans to have my morning ablutions and on coming back into the main bar realised that this was indeed quite a smart venue and was looking forward to getting back into Silverspoons. We then managed to get into the Silverspoons and then realised what a dump this place was , cleaners were still mopping the floors and on attempting to sit down on the ripped upholstrey found the seats to be wet. The place could only be described at best as a **** hole. The half cut dj was then requesting assistance from the audience as to how to work the dj console and cd player as he did not have a clue to work it. eventually after assistance from someone in the audience the music started and Oh how we wish it didnt. the music was deafening and choice of music unusual to say the least and when he started to do some mixing the younger members of our group were laughing hysterically at his attempts.

We had had enough after 45 minutes and left never to return. We were indeed ripped off and what was on the label was not in any way produced. COYR should be held accountable for this event as they managed to take £20k for this event and I would think that Coyr paid little for this venue if anything at all. Well if they had any sense thay would have not paid anything for this venue as the beer sales would have easily kept the landlord happy and more fool COYR if they did pay for this tip. I feel that a full refund should be made to all supporters who paid their money or profits should be paid to a nominated charity.

After we got out of the pit that is Silverspoons we went on to have a fantastic day and all Southampton Supporters should be proud of themselves after proving without a shadow of a doubt that there is only one team in Hampshire.

I would have a guess that you could go to pretty much any pub in the Wembley area and have a pub experience with loads of other Saints fans... for free.

Just a guess, like.

Which is why I find it funny that they are complaining.

lol@ the people who paid a tenner for a beer venue.

I didnt go for the drink, I also didnt know that they were advertising 3 pints for a £1.

Why we went there was that we had 3 youngsters late teens early 20's who did not have tickets. So the plan was for them to sup up the atmosphere in a great environment.

When we went to the Millenium (Cardiff is a bit of a pit) lots of fans without tickets went into the pubs and enjoyed the day from there.

No reason to believe as this gig was promoted that this would not be the same. It was a massive disappointment that it was so disgusting , filthy and third world.

It is ok to say 'London is crammed with decent pubs' not having frequenting them around wembley before and also seeing that it was a Saints only event I felt more comfortable leaving the 2 young ladies and a lad there.

We were able to find 3 tickets so they got into the match (But yet again greedy saints fans made us pay above the odds for the privilage, except Hemel Saints group)

I agree it was promoted that way but I just couldnt fathom out why it was a £10 to get in - I did see on the UI that it was £10 for 3 pints so was aware of that - having read that it was 3 cans I would of been even madder than you are now!

Its easy for me to say it after the event - I have been to Wembley to watch England so knew there were pubs in the area. Next time head for JJ Moons mate its a Wetherspoons - massive area, great atmosphere and very safe in fact we had 11 kids in our group ...well someone had to carry us drunken gits to the ground! ;-)

I agree it was promoted that way but I just couldnt fathom out why it was a £10 to get in - I did see on the UI that it was £10 for 3 pints so was aware of that - having read that it was 3 cans I would of been even madder than you are now!

Its easy for me to say it after the event - I have been to Wembley to watch England so knew there were pubs in the area. Next time head for JJ Moons mate its a Wetherspoons - massive area, great atmosphere and very safe in fact we had 11 kids in our group ...well someone had to carry us drunken gits to the ground! ;-)

Yep you live and learn. Foolishly I thought that NI would not put his name to such a thing. Whilst I do not know him I felt that he would be sure of the venues quality. it was billed as a party and whilst I have been to lots of s### parties I didnt ever believe it was going to be as it was.

I find the sneering posts of some quite amusing, these people are so clever and enlightened never have they had reason to complain about anything they have purchased or been sold, as they are so damned astute.

If I ever go back to Wembley to see the Saints i will know whrere to go next time.

Just had a reply from COYR...

Hi Stuart

We're really sorry that you are less than satisfied. The vast majority of people we have spoken with had a great day.

We do however take your complaint seriously and are investigating the points raised with the event organisers. We will get back to you as soon as possible with the results.

COYR were merely ticket agents for the event and had no control over the venue. We aim to get back to you within 7 days.

Best Regards

Carl

COYR!

I will keep you all posted if I hear any more!

Stuey

Just had a reply from COYR...

Hi Stuart

We're really sorry that you are less than satisfied. The vast majority of people we have spoken with had a great day.

We do however take your complaint seriously and are investigating the points raised with the event organisers. We will get back to you as soon as possible with the results.

COYR were merely ticket agents for the event and had no control over the venue. We aim to get back to you within 7 days.

Best Regards

Carl

COYR!

I will keep you all posted if I hear any more!

Stuey

The place is huge, theres security staff, bar staff, and other operating costs. sure we're looking to make a profit, but theres also a lot of risk. Its called entrepreneurism!

http://www.coyr.co.uk

Is it just me or do the two highlighted statements contradict each other?

This is the email I have sent to the event organisers:

I write in response to your statement re: Silverspoons on your website.

I was, frankly, appalled by the experience and seek a full refund for the six tickets I purchased.

If I do not receive this refund, I am minded to take legal action in the small claims court against you and to encourage other Saints fans to join me in such action.

I do not believe (a) you came remotely close to providing the event that you advertised or (b) that any reasonable human being could have considered it possible or feasible to have provided such an experience if they had visited the venue.

I therefore believe you have perpetrated a fraud on those who purchased tickets.

It is all very well for you to say now that you were just trying your best as willing amateurs to help Saints fans on the day and that you are not experienced in events management.

Such insecurities and uncertainties certainly did not feature at any of your pre-event publicity or in your PR work with the Daily Echo.

It is quite beyond me to understand what you think you were offering that was not readily available for free elsewhere.

The event was grotsesquely misadvertised. If you were not intentionally misleading, you were certainly negligent in the extreme.

Beer was no cheaper than at other nearby venues. Queues were as long, if not longer.

If there were ex-players in attendance, I certainly didn’t see any.

Food was impossible to order.

Although pubs in the immediate vicinity of the stadium are not renowned to be high class joints, this venue was particularly shabby.

It beggars belief that an outlay of c. £20,000 was necessary to secure the venue for 2,000 Saints fans. Indeed, it’s hard to imagine how the venue wouldn’t have just opened their doors for free.

Most obnoxious of all, is your half-hearted apology on your website. You say “The vast majority of the fans present seemed brimming with the "spirit" of the day, but, inevitably when so many fans congregate in such a confined area some are bound to have experienced less than their expectations.”

A whole hearted apology on your website and, preferably, sent to all the email addresses you have as purchasers of tickets would have been in order. And had I received such an apology, I may have been inclined to let the matter rest.

But your implication that only a relatively small number of attendees experienced something “less than their expectations” is just staggering. It displays a totally unacceptable lack of contrition. I defy you to find any attendee who believed the experience matched or exceeded their expectations. Certainly, a considerable number of people were openly expressing their disappointment.

Given the nature of the day, being ripped off for a tenner was hardly likely to completely ruin the occasion for any Saints fans. I would still have had a great day if someone had nicked my wallet and urinated in my pocket. That doesn’t mean I’m happy to give you £10 for such an experience.

Southampton FC are now an upwardly mobile club. It is likely that our fanbase will grow over the next few years and, with luck, days like Sunday will come around more regularly.

At board, management and staff level there is a new and welcome culture of professionalism at St. Mary’s.

For these reasons, I believe it is sensible for the club to warn its fans away from future events and activities put together by the organisers of this particular fiasco. Although I doubt you have the ability to ruin a great day out for Saints fans, you certainly have a proven ability to take the edge off what is otherwise a fantastic occasion and the club should advise supporters accordingly.

I will therefore also be writing to the club’s Chief Executive in these terms.

I look forward to your prompt reply.

SaintBobby - FFS what did you expect? Looks as though you really thought you would be getting the full monty. None of my party were under any allusions that it wasn't going to be exactly as it turned out. We were just happy to have some where bang opposite Wembley to get a pint and have a laugh. Jeeez mate, loosen up and forget it!

Edited by 1976_Child